New Xbox

Discuss anything from Age of Empires to Wasteland. Any gaming talk that isn't Fallout-related goes here.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Blargh wrote:NL's a talented fellow, I gather . . . and a potentially wealthy one if they maintain similar projected functionality.

Beware the lawyer cohorts, NL. Beware. :drunk:
The fun thing about that, since NL is short for Neuvostoliitto (fin.), you're talking about the Soviet Union :joy:
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

That's fantastic, Kashluk. :drunk:
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Yeah it's fucking hilarious, Kashluk, you should start a career in stand-up comedy.
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by King of Creation »

So the real new X-box is supposed to be unveiled on MTV tonight at 9:30. Someone watch it and report.
<a href="http://www.duckandcover.cx">Duck and Cover: THE Site for all of your Fallout needs since 1998</a>
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

When will it be released?
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

November, I think.
<a href="http://www.duckandcover.cx">Duck and Cover: THE Site for all of your Fallout needs since 1998</a>
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

i will make sure to watch the MTV unvieling, hosted by Eljil Wood(lol). It probably wont say much but we will get a glimpse of some games being played, maybe even Perfect Dark Zero? Probably going to be a launch title.
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
johnnygothisgun
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by johnnygothisgun »

It looks like a computer. IMAGINE THAT!
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Yeah, it's a "never before seen" hit : it looks like a computer.
MadBill
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by MadBill »

Never seen a computer before.
I miss the good ol' USSA.
Thor Kaufman
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Thor Kaufman »

MadBill wrote:Never seen a computer before.
How much fun will playing the xbox be when you are blind? :chew:
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

http://archive.gamespy.com/landing/xbox360/

I hope the ps3 blows this thing away sooooo much.
satanisgreat
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by satanisgreat »

King of Creation wrote:I hope the ps3 blows this thing away sooooo much.
It's not the system that really matters, it's the games. I have all the current systems, and I held out on buying a PS2 the longest. Every time I walked into a game store they'd have a huge selection of PS2 games, and I'd think, "damn, I want one of those."

But now that I have one, most of PS2 games are shit. My Gamecube is useless. Only the XBox gets significant playtime. Yeah, alot of XBox games are ports of PS2 games, but they're upgraded versions with extra stuff and better graphics, so if I have a choice I'll always pick an XBox version of a game over a PS2 one.

So I think the staying power of the new consoles will be the games, and Microsoft has a shitload of good developers behind them. Rare, Bungie, and Bioware come to mind. I'll probably do the same thing this round as last, and go for the XBox on launch day, and hold out on the PS for as long as possible.
Koki
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Koki »

satanisgreat wrote:It's not the system that really matters, it's the games. Every time I walked into a game store they'd have a huge selection of PS2 games, and I'd think, "damn, I want one of those." But now that I have one, most of PS2 games are shit.
(mis)Quoted for The Truth.
Serious Business.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

PS has a lot of good devs too.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

PS will always have more japanese support than xbox, dont let those "exclusive" jap developers they announced fool you.

I saw the MTV unvieling and it was fucking stupid. They showed the console which had a glowing green button even when the thing wasn't plugged in. They basically showed how customizable the system is because you can buy new costumes for your characters online lol. They even brought WeSt CoUsT CuTStums from Pimp my ride to mod an original xbox. The two different customizations between xbox1 and 2 were totally different types(1 hardware,1 software), and each one was lame.

The only good thing about the show was Perfect Dark Zero which looked pretty good but it barely even showed that. They payed more attention on the kids playing it rather than the actualy game. Rare hasn't made a decent game for fucking years, they are a worm hole that swallows money and rarely(lawl) turns something out.
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
RAK
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by RAK »

Finally! More people who aren't blinded by that goddamned Microsoft shitheap.

I think it looks distinctly unimpressive, although, to be honest, it DOES look more aesthetically pleasing than the old XBox.

I honestly hope that PC manufacturers get their acts together and try to beat those specs by next year. Then I'll laugh. A lot.
"When conversing about oligarchy, you must consider this point: Many children are taught from an early age that monarchies are primarily benevolent, and are given very little to discourage this opinion until at least adolesence. Even more prevalent are stories about the supposed benevolence of heirs to the throne, symbolising a cycle which they are taught is good."
Burnov
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Burnov »

Microsoft with it's goddamned shitbox is single handedly lowering the quality of good pc titles by providing strong incentives to go dual platform.

The quality of not just console games are changing, but PC games as well. While the microsoft may be seen as bringing more "sophisticated" software to the console arena, in doing so, the quality of PC games goes down.

Had not the latter been an issue. I wouldn't give a rat-fuck about the shitbox. However I see it as a fairly large threat when it comes to the hope of seeing half assed decent games being developed when microsoft is making it abundantly clear, developers can make a lot more money if they dumb their shit down for a console audience, whilst tossing a pathetic offering of what could have been a good game to the PC audience.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

The new Morrowind is multiplatform. That will be the case with Fallout 3 too. It's yet to be seen how this will affect the game. Simplified combat? Almost certainly. Might as well buy a pad already.:rolleyes:
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

yea man consoles fucking suck its baby game like just press x button what a bunch of arseshit i might as well play fucking atari >:(
:chew:
Our Host!