Fallout 2 - Vertibird plans + some other questions

Discuss the game that started it all, and its sequel. Technical questions and issues go into the Fallout Technical Support forum, not here.
Brutulf
SDF!
SDF!

Fallout 2 - Vertibird plans + some other questions

Post by Brutulf »

#1 Apr 03, 04 - 3:52 AM

Hi. I recently started playing Fallout 2 again. I am now in San Francisco, and have delivered the plans for building a Vertibird to the chinese. Just after I delivered the plans, I stumbled upon a Brotherhood of Steel guy who told me that they wanted the same plans. My question is then: Since I already have given from me the plans; Is it possible to obtain a new set of Vertibird plans, or get my plans back from the chinese (by for example stealing them)?

Oh, and why does the Hubologists seem to hate me? (They attack me when I try to talk to them, even though I am a member of their sick cult. Because I was caught stealing from some of them?)

And finally; How do I get past the forcefields in the Hubologists base? I have quite high Science, if thats needed...

Thanks in advance for any and all answers. :)
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

K.

1. Getting another set of vertibird plans. I take it you can no-longer talk to Dan the computer guy next to the shuttle, so your next best bet would be Badger. Go save his GF in the basement of the ship and you *might* have the option of getting him to make a copy of the vertibird plans. I'm not too sure because I've always gotton Dan to do it for me.

2. Caught stealing, then you'll get treated as hostile. Happens with all groups.

3. Forcefields. Use the repair skill on them or plant explosives next to them.
Brutulf
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Brutulf »

The reason I was a bit confused about the Hubologists is that even when I was caught stealing from hubologists inside the base, I was not attacked before next time I spoke to the guards (by then I had already saved over my last savegame :/ )

Still, people seem to be attacking me for no reasonother places as well, for example Gruthat in Vault 13, after helping him, and a police guy in NCR, for no reason that i can fathom. Anyone else had this happen?

As for the papers, I cant copy them, since I dont have them. Unless there is a way to obtain a new set of papers or steal them back from the Chinese (cant remember their name) I am out of luck I guess.

Thanks for the reply anyway. :)
Franz Schubert
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Franz Schubert »

This is why you're supposed to give the plans to Matt (the Brotherhood guy) first, because he makes a copy for you. I suppose you could try stealing the plans back from Dr. Wang (the Shi guy you gave them to) but I doubt this will work.
Brutulf
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Brutulf »

Didnt know the Brotherhood wanted the plans before I stumbled upon their office after giving the plans to the Shi...:(

Right after realising my mistake, I went to the Shi temple, and searched a couple of guys there, including the guy I think I gave the plans to. Havent searched everyone there, though. Will do that next time in San Francisco. Right now, I'm busy cleaning out New Reno (yeah, I know...I'm late to it!)...

Thanks for your replies, though. :)
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

You should be able to ask Badger to hack into the Shi computers and retrieve a copy of the plans. I know it works with Dan, but since you can't use him Badger is your next best bet, otherwise you can't do it.
Aneurysm
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Aneurysm »

Brutulf if you or your friends are carrying weapons , the police of ncr will attack you after some minute , you should keep all your weapons holstered
:dead: In remembrance of Porcu :dead:
Brutulf
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Brutulf »

I know, and neither me or my "friends" were weilding/carrying any weapons. And it was/is only one police guy who attacks me any time I enter his field of sight (the one right outside the gun store). Weird!
Brutulf
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Brutulf »

Stainless wrote:You should be able to ask Badger to hack into the Shi computers and retrieve a copy of the plans. I know it works with Dan, but since you can't use him Badger is your next best bet, otherwise you can't do it.
Hmmm. I have saved Badgers girlfriend, but cant remember any option of asking him to hack anything. Maybe I just need higher intelligence?

Edit: I have quite high science, so maybe I could try hacking the shi computers myself next time I'm in San Franciso?
CloudNineGT
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by CloudNineGT »

How did you get into Navarro withought having talked to The Brotherhood? You have to fight your way in if you don’t, and that means being really high level or losing a LOT of NPC's. Probably both.
Brutulf
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Brutulf »

Nope. Just killed the guy at the gas station (before he had time to radio anyone), used the secret entrance in the and left my guys in the corridor. I told the first guard I met that I was new, and he just told me to go get a uniform.

I play an unpatched version of the game, by The way (argh, how I wish that I had an patch installed, but too late now...:/ ).
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

Have you killed the hubologist in NCR?
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

Oh sweet Hubologist... I learn'd them to mess around in stupid unrealistic hyperfuturistic towns.
off topic? OMG YOU'VE BEEN CENSORED... yet you're still posting. MYSTARY!!!!

Duck and Cover: THE site for all your Fallout needs
Strap
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Strap »

Brutulf wrote:I play an unpatched version of the game, by The way (argh, how I wish that I had an patch installed, but too late now...:/ ).
Just install the patch (backup your original fallout2.exe just incase) and use the fo2 savegame converter. No need to play with bugs anymore.
Brutulf
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Brutulf »

Strap wrote:Just install the patch (backup your original fallout2.exe just incase) and use the fo2 savegame converter. No need to play with bugs anymore.
That sounds great! Where can I find that converter? Too bad my car is already gone...:( (only the trunk left).

Edit: What the hell?! My car just appeared again! This time the trunk was missing, so I didnt recognise it at first, but when I got in it and out again, the trunk appeared again, and I saw that it was my car that had appeared in Downtown Redding, a couple hundred miles from where i had last seen it. Not that I'm unhappy, but the bugs in this game are just weird!
Strap
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Strap »

Brutulf
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Brutulf »

Franz Schubert
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Franz Schubert »

Before you kill the Hubologist in NCR, make sure you get her to give you a zeta-scan. Sometimes it increases your luck by 2 points.
Brutulf
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Brutulf »

No game-tips unless asked for, please (*tries to avoid reading previous post*! It might not be a big one, but its a spoiler none the less. Part of the experience is figuring out things for yourself, you know. :) No offense intended at all, I hope you understand. Except when I'm really stuck with what is probably such a simple or obvious thing, like how to attach dynamite to that mining cart at the military base. Then I would apreciate a helpful pointer ;)
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

Brutulf wrote:No game-tips unless asked for, please (*tries to avoid reading previous post*! It might not be a big one, but its a spoiler none the less. Part of the experience is figuring out things for yourself, you know. :) No offense intended at all, I hope you understand. Except when I'm really stuck with what is probably such a simple or obvious thing, like how to attach dynamite to that mining cart at the military base. Then I would apreciate a helpful pointer ;)
So is that a request for help or what for the cart? :bored:
Our Host!