help needed...

Mapping & modding Fallout Tactics and reviewing maps thereof.
M92FS
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

help needed...

Post by M92FS »

hi all !

how to add new entities (enemies) to map ?
It's about *beep*in' time some backup got here! Quote by Paladin Solo. ( FOT )

You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? Then who the hell else are you talkin' to? You talkin' to me? Well, I'm the only one here. Who do the fuck do you think you're talking to? Oh, yeah? Ok.

http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/dload. ... ile_id=762
OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Post by OnTheBounce »

You have to go into "Entity" mode, either by clicking on the appropriate field at the top of the screen, or by pressing "F3".

Make sure that you know which Player Index you want to set the entity up on, then enter that in the "Player Index" field. Then go and select the entity you want to add and place it on the map.

Remember that you have to have the "Level Indicator" on the right side of the screen set very near the level you actually want to place the entity on, or the editor will not let you place the entity.

There are other things you can do, but let me know if you've got everything up to this point.

Cheers,

OTB
"On the bounce, you apes! Do you wanna live forever?!"
M92FS
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by M92FS »

thks a lot , ok already.

mi added a 3 rounds burst for a new weapon (MP5A4) using sprite downloaded. how come there's no wording on the equipped gun ( during the 3 rounds burst mode ) already typed 3 x burst at the entity editor at the new mode of firing ( mode 2 ).

You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? Then who the hell else are you talkin' to? You talkin' to me? Well, I'm the only one here. Who do the fuck do you think you're talking to? Oh, yeah? Ok.

OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Post by OnTheBounce »

M92FS wrote:thks a lot , ok already.
Great.
M92FS wrote:mi added a 3 rounds burst for a new weapon (MP5A4) using sprite downloaded. how come there's no wording on the equipped gun ( during the 3 rounds burst mode ) already typed 3 x burst at the entity editor at the new mode of firing ( mode 2 ).
What you'll need to do to get that to work properly is to open the file "weapons.txt" which is found at the following address:

C:\Program Files\14 Degrees East\Fallout Tactics\core\locale\game

Once you have the file open, you will need to add an entry for your new mode. I'm not sure that you can have spaces in your entry in the entity file, so best do something like this:

{mode_3rndburst} = {3 x Burst}

Then go back into your entity file and put "3rndburst" in the appropriate field. It should work then.

Cheers,

OTB
M92FS
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by M92FS »

OnTheBounce wrote:
Great.
What you'll need to do to get that to work properly is to open the file "weapons.txt" which is found at the following address:

C:\Program Files\14 Degrees East\Fallout Tactics\core\locale\game

Once you have the file open, you will need to add an entry for your new mode. I'm not sure that you can have spaces in your entry in the entity file, so best do something like this:

{mode_3rndburst} = {3 x Burst}

Then go back into your entity file and put "3rndburst" in the appropriate field. It should work then.

OTB
there's no weapons.txt in game folder , so I created one. tried putting mode_3rndburst and 3rndburst at the display name for mode 2. typed {mode_3rndburst} = {3 x Burst} in weapons.txt , doesn't work......

OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Post by OnTheBounce »

M92FS wrote:there's no weapons.txt in game folder , so I created one. tried putting mode_3rndburst and 3rndburst at the display name for mode 2. typed {mode_3rndburst} = {3 x Burst} in weapons.txt , doesn't work......
Is there a file called "weapon.txt"? If there is, that's the file. Sorry, I didn't mean to type "weapons.txt".

OTB
M92FS
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by M92FS »

OnTheBounce wrote:
M92FS wrote:there's no weapons.txt in game folder , so I created one. tried putting mode_3rndburst and 3rndburst at the display name for mode 2. typed {mode_3rndburst} = {3 x Burst} in weapons.txt , doesn't work......
Is there a file called "weapon.txt"? If there is, that's the file. Sorry, I didn't mean to type "weapons.txt".

OTB
dun have , or do I need to unzipped some files to get it. :o

OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Post by OnTheBounce »

M92FS wrote:dun have , or do I need to unzipped some files to get it. :o
Yes, you should unzip the file "locale_0.bos" using WinZip/WinRAR/etc. Make sure you have "Preserve Path Names" ticked/checked, that way you'll have the folders all set up the way they need to be.

Let me know how things work out.

Cheers,

OTB
M92FS
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by M92FS »

OnTheBounce wrote:
M92FS wrote:dun have , or do I need to unzipped some files to get it. :o
Yes, you should unzip the file "locale_0.bos" using WinZip/WinRAR/etc. Make sure you have "Preserve Path Names" ticked/checked, that way you'll have the folders all set up the way they need to be.

Let me know how things work out.

Cheers,

OTB
thankyou very much for your help , it's working now. however I have another problem , created another new gun Armscorp T-48 (replica of FN FAL) using your fnfal sprite , however when I load the map which u created for me for my testing. when I clicked the new gun in the inventory,the game crashes immediately...

error message Bos caused a error in Bos exe.

now I removed the gun and it's ok now , dun really know where did I go wrong ???

requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by requiem_for_a_starfury »

You didn't do anything wrong the sprite is broken, the normal fn fal (without the nightsight) is one pixel too high. If you have spray edit the height for the gui big image from 38 to 37.
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Post by OnTheBounce »

requiem_for_a_starfury wrote:You didn't do anything wrong the sprite is broken, the normal fn fal (without the nightsight) is one pixel too high. If you have spray edit the height for the gui big image from 38 to 37.
Am I to understand that my FN FAL sprite is kaput? If so, let me know and I'll fix it and upload the fixed sprite pack.

Cheers,

OTB
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Yeah it is, sorry not thinking straight at the moment. :oops:
OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Post by OnTheBounce »

requiem_for_a_starfury wrote:Yeah it is, sorry not thinking straight at the moment. :oops:
NP.

At least now I know and can fix it and update the file I have available online.

(Personally, I'd like to know exactly how I missed that. I was sure I checked everything, but then again I recently discovered that I didn't make a G-11 sprite, either...)

Cheers,

OTB
M92FS
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by M92FS »

requiem_for_a_starfury wrote:You didn't do anything wrong the sprite is broken, the normal fn fal (without the nightsight) is one pixel too high. If you have spray edit the height for the gui big image from 38 to 37.
thks for the info , requiem.jus have to wait for OTB to fix the problem,then download it. :)

OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Post by OnTheBounce »

M92FS wrote:thks for the info , requiem.jus have to wait for OTB to fix the problem,then download it. :)
Yes indeed, thanks for the info, Req.

I'll email the sprite to you as soon as its done. I have to find my disc w/FO/FO2 graphics on it first, or install FO2. (I thought I was done w/that!!! :lol: )

Cheers,

OTB
M92FS
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by M92FS »

OnTheBounce wrote:
M92FS wrote:thks for the info , requiem.jus have to wait for OTB to fix the problem,then download it. :)
Yes indeed, thanks for the info, Req.

I'll email the sprite to you as soon as its done. I have to find my disc w/FO/FO2 graphics on it first, or install FO2. (I thought I was done w/that!!! :lol: )

Cheers,

OTB
sure no problem with it. but can reply in this thread also. cos I dun check my e-mail everyday.thks frd. :)

M92FS
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by M92FS »

hi all !

mi need help again, mi downloaded some pics for char. creation.

rename the pic file name to CORE_prefab7.zar (at location : /core/gui/char/big ), type the description for the char. in the /core/locale/game/characters.txt folder. and edit 1 of the prefab char. entity to save as prefab7.ent , but when I start a new game , the new char doesn't appear as 1 of the default chooseable Main Char. Is there anything which I didn't edit ?

requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Yeah the campaign. In core\tables you'll see the campaign text file campaign.txt. Open this up and at the bottom you'll see the list of prefabs, copy one of the lines and change the name to match your prefab7.

Now open up the campaign editor in FT Tools, open your campaign (BOS.cam) and then under tools import prefabs, this will open up a window and you'll see the campaign text you just edited. Double click on the file to load. Save your changes to the campaign file and when you start a new game you should have 7 prefabs.
M92FS
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by M92FS »

requiem_for_a_starfury wrote:Yeah the campaign. In core\tables you'll see the campaign text file campaign.txt. Open this up and at the bottom you'll see the list of prefabs, copy one of the lines and change the name to match your prefab7.

Now open up the campaign editor in FT Tools, open your campaign (BOS.cam) and then under tools import prefabs, this will open up a window and you'll see the campaign text you just edited. Double click on the file to load. Save your changes to the campaign file and when you start a new game you should have 7 prefabs.
it works but , when I start the game,I tab the Char tab , there's no pic. Farsight and Stich picture is there ,but not my main char......

requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

You need two versions of the portrait, the large one in core\gui\char\big and a small one in core\gui\char. Both should have the same file name.
Our Host!