atoga and other electronic peoples.

Talk about music, movies, TV, books, other types of entertainment and what your vices are. Also, if you're addicted to the high you get off Aspirin, this is the place to talk about it.
Infinity Dose
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

atoga and other electronic peoples.

Post by Infinity Dose »

guy calls his project "Surgeon"

from wiki
His production, remix, and DJ repertoire are inspired by industrial music bands such as Faust, Coil, and Whitehouse, while also drawing influences from dance music ranging from early Chicago house to dubstep.
Faust, industrial? lolz no but you get the idea.

i recommend starting with something like the "screw the roses" EP. readily availabolz on soulseek. also he has a website, google it.

i don't normally like techno anyways but this is not overtly gay, also autechre remixed his shit iirc

also, as always, i have an assortment of electronic / rhytmic noise garbage on my site and am always looking for feedbax: www.infinitydose.com

(new trax: "For 0cytis")

okay bye, btw where's wasteland?

TelemachusSneezed
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by TelemachusSneezed »

Internesting! "PSTD Mix" is my fave. My / everyone's favorite "Taxi Driver" quote!

"For 0cytis" and "The Interceptor" are good, but would be better without the vocoderish samples in them. You got phat beats, tho. Nice and distorted / non-linear!

"Vault Life" should be included in Fallout 3 as background music (sans samples), no shit, and Bethsoft should hire you immediately to take over music production duties.

St. Toxic can take art duties... where the fuck is he lately anyways?
Infinity Dose
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Infinity Dose »

haha awesome and thanks,

im going to make phat beats all summer long.

i don't know about st. toxic though. mebe i can make phat beats to his pictars.
TelemachusSneezed
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by TelemachusSneezed »

Auch, I like the "Lo-fi Propoganda" vid, especially the black guy that says "vital to freedom."
Death to quotes.
mr.Zahn
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by mr.Zahn »

Wouldn't it be a nifty idea if all the musicians here on DaC create a Mark Morgan tribute song? I hate that he isn't doing the music for Fallout 3 so it would be cool if we could do a tribute album for him to pay the man some respect. Anybody in?
Knuckle Sandwich Vendetta!
ixg
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by ixg »

Yeah, PSTD Mix is good. I like the new one as well and the ambient tracks as well. The other two don't grab as well.

Also I thought there were older tracks...
Infinity Dose
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Infinity Dose »

i'm down for making a "fallout remix album" in homage to mr. morgan. he also did awesome scores for descent 2, along with other good musicians. now that i think about it, interplay brought in some real musical talent. R.I.P.
ixg wrote:Yeah, PSTD Mix is good. I like the new one as well and the ambient tracks as well. The other two don't grab as well.

Also I thought there were older tracks...
thanks, it's satisfying knowing people like my work :dance: and yes there was one older track from 2004 that i made entirely out of samples i took off AM radio... i thought it was too inaccessible so i removed it
Antimeasure
Strider
Strider

Post by Antimeasure »

St. Toxic can take art duties... where the fuck is he lately anyways?
http://www.friendster.com/7692001
I like my women as i like my whiskey. Twelve years old and mixed up with coke.
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

nice tracks infinitydose aka iohkus etc. the intro to 'for 0cytis' is grate. :dribble:

that surgeon stuff is neat, i was expecting something harsh and industrial but it reminds me of featureless ambient techno like cristian vogel or something. it gives me a warm feeling.
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
Infinity Dose
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Infinity Dose »

thanks dewd.

yea, on "screw the roses" EP he weaves dark ambient in behind 4/4 beats. so simple but genius imho. if you listen carefully, i think it's the first track, you can pick out sampling of some woman moaning / breathing really hard. hawt
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

'For Ocytis' is my favorite, it makes me wanna beat somebody over the head to the beat.
Wasteland Radio, with Charlie C.
Infinity Dose
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Infinity Dose »

haha, awesome. i've extended it a bit and tried to vary in the intro a bit more... upload the new version soon. now onto more electronix:

"BAD SECTOR"

http://www.bad-sector.com/

I recommend the album "Reset Rebis/Periferiche" it's the most rhytmic / beat driven album in his dicography, I figure this would be a good place to start for DAC fans, it seems to be the most accessible. He lets visitors download his music freely, but asks for a donation in return, which is reasonable.

The work of an Italian who's music ranges from dark ambient to almost rhytmic noise at times, especially on the album I mentioned. Imagine if the futurists noise musicians of the early 1900s had access to modern day gear and made their own analog synths. The beauty of it all is the analog quality to the sound doesn't go full out noise like so many power electronics acts, but has a really intricately woven feel.

And yes i'm bored, and was just listening to it and though why the fuck not introduce some others to this gem.
Our Host!