fallout tabletop wiki?

Make dumb suggestions so we can ignore them. I'm lovin' it.

:raymondo:?

:M
76%
no
24%

Total votes: 17

Ausir
The Vault Overseer
The Vault Overseer

Post by Ausir »

http://pnp.falloutvault.com/

I'll add Jason Mical's version there soon.
PiP
Last, Best Hope of Humanity

Post by PiP »

what are the pros and cons of improving Mical's version Vs starting a new one from scratch?
Jesus Christ
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Jesus Christ »

PiP wrote:what are the pros and cons of improving Mical's version Vs starting a new one from scratch?
I have a funny feeling you have a few in mind. Let’s hear them PiP.
I have returned! (again)
FIGHT ME!
minigunwielder
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by minigunwielder »

We should make our own, we have all of the info needed to on The Vault already, plus it would be easy to sink GC with a free version of Fallout PnP that can be played easily.
ESF morons keep stealing my damned Yahoo accounts.
:anger:
Ausir
The Vault Overseer
The Vault Overseer

Post by Ausir »

Well, the whole wiki was actually Jason's idea who said I can put his PnP rulebook in the wiki. And we can easily supplement it with info from The Vault.
Jesus Christ
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Jesus Christ »

I think having a framework to build on is a great idea. It will prevent allot of bickering and debate.
I have returned! (again)
FIGHT ME!
minigunwielder
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by minigunwielder »

I accept your arguements as valid.
ESF morons keep stealing my damned Yahoo accounts.
:anger:
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

we should appoint mods or something.

first we need to bulid a framework though. it needn't deviate from jason's that much, we just need to modify things so it's more, y'know, playable.
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
Ausir
The Vault Overseer
The Vault Overseer

Post by Ausir »

http://pnp.falloutvault.com/index.php?t ... s_to_visit

This is based on Jason's Fallout PnP 3.0 with my modifications and additions. I removed all references to Wasteland and Fallout Tactics, added some places that were mentioned but never appeared in Fallout 2 (Lost Hills and Maxson Town, Dayglow and the Abbey) and three locations from Van Buren (I used the period shortly before Fallout 2 as the default, therefore Hoover Dam is much more primitive than in the VB docs and is not yet a member of NCR).
PiP

Post by PiP »

Jesus Christ wrote:I have a funny feeling you have a few in mind. Let’s hear them PiP.
well the good thing about utilising Mical's version is that there'd be far less work.
The bad thing is he would remain like the original author, and the team to work on modifications would remain.. the modifications team D; instead of doing it on our own.
I just wanted to bounce this idea off of you since I might be missing some important points in this issue.
Jesus Christ
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Jesus Christ »

atoga wrote:we should appoint mods or something.

first we need to bulid a framework though. it needn't deviate from jason's that much, we just need to modify things so it's more, y'know, playable.
I vote atoga for mod :)
PiP wrote:well the good thing about utilising Mical's version is that there'd be far less work.
The bad thing is he would remain like the original author, and the team to work on modifications would remain.. the modifications team instead of doing it on our own.
I just wanted to bounce this idea off of you since I might be missing some important points in this issue.
You may have a point, but I for one am really am not too worried about the credit... Perhaps I am alone on that note.

As far as you missing important points, well... I'm sure you know as much as the rest of us. Everything there is to know on the matter is in this thread.
I have returned! (again)
FIGHT ME!
vx trauma
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by vx trauma »

i second jesus. Ja!
Please Kill Yourself So I Can Rock
DeathTouch
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by DeathTouch »

I don't care, I just want it to happen,

"a task too important for a single man to handle is a worthy task"
-------------------------------------
Why hide, Why scream ?
You will die anyway.
St. Toxic
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by St. Toxic »

I'll look into whatever and do what I can about things, as soon as someone forces me to. My question however: would pnp work over the übernette?

EDIT:

I'm reading through this something that looks like a fully stocked fallout pnp pdf file, and I must say I'm concerned about, well, "races". This thing has dogs and deathclaws, and sure one could strip that pretty fucking easy, but while I'm critical to having ghouls and supermutants in as playable characters ( because it's just not an option I can relate to in the pc games ) I can't help but wonder what pros and cons there are to having / not having them in the game.

Honestly, I'm not a big wiki guy. If a project like this goes beyond reciting what's already been written by other folks, the creative process needs a forum for discussion, and while the complete result can be displayed in any form it won't be achieved through being displayed ( temporary mental illness on my part ).

Finally, I wonder where the current version of simplified pnp special resides in plainest of views without too much coating of words. And, if there is any place carrying the unaltered Fallout special unwrapped and in writing.
Jesus Christ
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Jesus Christ »

This should have it's own forum.

Ausir: Can you gat the deletion request thingy working? In the mean time this is what I was trying to submit for deletion.
I have returned! (again)
FIGHT ME!
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

ausir, on the main page you should probably put a link to the articles you've put up?
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Frater Perdurabo »

How about dumb it down to the mere structure and start building it from there? I mean, I have no experience with this, but how about only start with humans, get all of that sorted, build some basic gameplay and then start adding other elements in. I've got no idea what I'm talking about.
PiP

Post by PiP »

Frater Perdurabo wrote:I've got no idea what I'm talking about.
that's sp amusing I gotta admit I kinda.. like you D; :aiee:
Jesus Christ wrote:this is what I was trying to submit for deletion.
funny thing is this looks the same :drunk:
Jesus Christ
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Jesus Christ »

Ausir wrote:I actually have an unfinished version of a third edition sent to me by Jason. All the FOT and Wasteland stuff has been removed, together with playable deathclaws, robots and dogs and the non-canon half-mutants.
What format is this in?

Can you upload it so that we can download it and help you add it to the wiki? If not I can PM you an email address and you can send it to me that way.
I have returned! (again)
FIGHT ME!
Jesus Christ
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Jesus Christ »

The "Help" button works now (kina). So for anyone who was unsure about what they should do...

DIVE IN!
I have returned! (again)
FIGHT ME!
Our Host!