help needed...

Mapping & modding Fallout Tactics and reviewing maps thereof.
SeanDMan
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by SeanDMan »

I'd like to make a comment unrelated to thread...

All three of you have been corteous and polite, ecspecially you M92FS. It's odd to see someone new says please and thank yous.

Good on ya, I just wanted to let it be known you all roxor the soxor.
Jimmyjay86
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Jimmyjay86 »

SeanDMan wrote:All three of you have been corteous and polite, ecspecially you M92FS. It's odd to see someone new says please and thank yous.

Good on ya, I just wanted to let it be known you all roxor the soxor.
Everyone here is courteous and helpful, that is why this community is so strong. It is only when you get to other boards like Interplay that there are people that are less than friendly. That attitude is not tolerated here though.
M92FS
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by M92FS »

requiem_for_a_starfury wrote:You need two versions of the portrait, the large one in core\gui\char\big and a small one in core\gui\char. Both should have the same file name.
thks a lot man ! it work fine finally ! :lol: :D
It's about *beep*in' time some backup got here! Quote by Paladin Solo. ( FOT )

You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? Then who the hell else are you talkin' to? You talkin' to me? Well, I'm the only one here. Who do the fuck do you think you're talking to? Oh, yeah? Ok.

http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/dload. ... ile_id=762
OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Post by OnTheBounce »

SeanDMan wrote:All three of you have been corteous and polite, ecspecially you M92FS. It's odd to see someone new says please and thank yous.
For the record, I'd like to say that M92FS is one of the prodigal sons of DaC. He has actually been around since the days of yore when we were still on the GSI incarnation of DaC, back when I was a modding "n00b". :)

Good to see someone taking time out to comment on things going right, though.

Cheers,

OTB
"On the bounce, you apes! Do you wanna live forever?!"
M92FS
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by M92FS »

hi all !

can someone pls kindly send mi mission 5 and 21 files , as there something's wrong with my files.Open every files in level editor but there's nothing in mission 5 and 21. the other missions r ok.

thks a lot in advance.

my e-mail : berretam92fs@hotmail.com

You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? Then who the hell else are you talkin' to? You talkin' to me? Well, I'm the only one here. Who do the fuck do you think you're talking to? Oh, yeah? Ok.

requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by requiem_for_a_starfury »

Mission 5 and 21 aren't centred in the level editor, after you've loaded them you need to scroll to the bottom left until you see the tiles.

Alternatively two quicker ways are to open up the mini-map and zoom out until you see the outline of the structures and then click in the mini-map to go to a tiled area. Or press Ctrl & F4 to bring up the entity list and then double click on an entity which should re-centre your view onto a tiled area.
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
M92FS
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by M92FS »

requiem_for_a_starfury wrote:Mission 5 and 21 aren't centred in the level editor, after you've loaded them you need to scroll to the bottom left until you see the tiles.

Alternatively two quicker ways are to open up the mini-map and zoom out until you see the outline of the structures and then click in the mini-map to go to a tiled area. Or press Ctrl & F4 to bring up the entity list and then double click on an entity which should re-centre your view onto a tiled area.
thks a lot for your kind help ! :lol: I though both my mission 5 and 21 files were corrupted. :lol:

M92FS
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by M92FS »

hi all !

mi need help again, is it possible to create a new ammo type ?

I had modified my .303 to 7.62mm x 39mm and needle ammo to .40 S&W for the existing AK-47 and my new range of .40 pistols. Feels like adding .38 Special , .357 Magnum to my FOT. I do not wish to sacrifice any of the existing ammo type....

Flamescreen
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Flamescreen »

Yes with Bosee. There is a tutorial by OTB(The mapping deity), on JJ86's modding page.

Flamescreen
M92FS
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by M92FS »

Flamescreen wrote:Yes with Bosee. There is a tutorial by OTB(The mapping deity), on JJ86's modding page.

Flamescreen
ok ! thks a lot for your help again ! :clap:

for those who r interested , here's the site to download : http://www.sin-core.uk6.net/files2.shtml

here's the site for the OTB tutorial ( JJ86 modding page ) : http://jj86.nma-fallout.com/more_tutorials.htm#2

M92FS
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by M92FS »

hi all !

it's mi again !

needs help regarding modding FOT , is it possible to create a new race using BoSEE ? : )

requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

IIRC no. Are you just wanting a new enemy, or a new type of armour to be worn? If the former just use one of the existing races and modify their display name, if the latter then no. I tried that with the robes but it didn't work, but what you can do is rename the brahmin sprite and use the brahmin armour and race to make a new armour.
M92FS
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by M92FS »

requiem_for_a_starfury wrote:IIRC no. Are you just wanting a new enemy, or a new type of armour to be worn? If the former just use one of the existing races and modify their display name, if the latter then no. I tried that with the robes but it didn't work, but what you can do is rename the brahmin sprite and use the brahmin armour and race to make a new armour.
I wanna create a new race which can wear all type of armor except Mutant armor. Is it possible to do it using BoSEE ? : )

requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

No, most of the race stuff is hard coded, so you can't create a new one. The normal tribals can wear all the armours except for the ghoul and mutant armour so use them.
M92FS
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by M92FS »

requiem_for_a_starfury wrote:No, most of the race stuff is hard coded, so you can't create a new one. The normal tribals can wear all the armours except for the ghoul and mutant armour so use them.
ok , thks a lot for your reply.

mi had tried every race with every type of armor already.

Best type of race is Reaver,Raider,Tribal and Beastlord. Can wear all BOS,Reaver and Raider armor. : )

M92FS
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by M92FS »

hi all !

mi need help again. how do u rotate a entity to the direction u want to face ? ( put entity in map ) , what u need to do to make a com player fight against the bad guys.

mi did some testing, but player3 (NPC) just stand there and get slaughter by the enemies without fighting back.

Jimmyjay86

Post by Jimmyjay86 »

Hey welcome back.

There are eight directions for character animations, 0 through 7, I believe. Place the appropriate number in the character rotation field to get the direction you want.

Assuming you have the team alignments set correctly then you have to highlight the character entity and then go to Entity Edit. There should be some fields (can't recall off the top of my head) that control if he should stand or move quickly under attack.
M92FS
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by M92FS »

Jimmyjay86 wrote:Hey welcome back.

There are eight directions for character animations, 0 through 7, I believe. Place the appropriate number in the character rotation field to get the direction you want.

Assuming you have the team alignments set correctly then you have to highlight the character entity and then go to Entity Edit. There should be some fields (can't recall off the top of my head) that control if he should stand or move quickly under attack.
hi jj86 !

thks for replying. the char animation works fine.

but my player3(com) still stand there like a dummy without fighting back though he had been surrounded by enemies.

I had set the player3(com) to 10 (frdly) against mi and -10(enemy) towards the enemy. what actually went wrong ???

Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

I'm not exactly sure what your problem is, but this might fix it.

In the "player" tab, click on your Player 3 entry. There will be a drop down menu for "controller type" and a box for the team. The box for the team needs to have the number for the team you made friendly to you and unfriendly to the enemy in it, and the controller type needs to be set to "computer".

Always remember that "team" and "player" are two different properties, and for players to work they need to be set to a team. I had trouble figuring that out when I first started.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
M92FS
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by M92FS »

Retlaw83 wrote:I'm not exactly sure what your problem is, but this might fix it.

In the "player" tab, click on your Player 3 entry. There will be a drop down menu for "controller type" and a box for the team. The box for the team needs to have the number for the team you made friendly to you and unfriendly to the enemy in it, and the controller type needs to be set to "computer".

Always remember that "team" and "player" are two different properties, and for players to work they need to be set to a team. I had trouble figuring that out when I first started.
hi there !

thks a lot , it's working now. I put player 3 into my team. cos I didn't realised that u need to put com players in your team b4 they can help u.

Our Host!