Proclamation of Subsidiary Contrivances (Fallout Online)

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.
MadBill
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by MadBill »

Awe cumon guys, he was just testing a nifty new script he wrote that takes normal talk and bigifies the words.
:dance:
I miss the good ol' USSA.
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

Cakester wrote:your racist swell guy Manoil
Also should look up the usage for racist, even though it definitely applies here and you are right to have the utmost confidence in your literary prowess.

Also, your rank has been changed. Carry on!
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

Superhaze wrote:This is a new low for dac. Having third parties keeping the peace?? Civilization has come to the wasteland at last...
How am I a third party? We're all members of the same forum.
Cakester
They call me Bum Tickler

Post by Cakester »

RUNNG HEAD PROCLMATION OF SUBSIDIARY CONTRIVANCES
PROSPERS PAEPR ON ANGIEN ALT3RCATIONS
FOR 2 LONG I HAEV DISPUT3D TEH CONVENTIONS BY WHICH I CONGR3GAET AND SUCUMBD 2 TEH PROXIMITY OF DA FALOUTS CONTEMPTIBL3 LORE!!1!!!1! I PROSPAR TEH MOST MAGNILOQUENT OF DA FALOUT COMUNITY HAEV FERVANTLEY P3RSPIERD BYOND TEH LIMITATIONS OF PURPOSEFUL CANON BY MAANS OF AVOLUTIONARY INSTRUM3NTALITY
THE!1!11 WTF INTERUPTIONS OF INTARM3DIAET D3RIVATIEVS SUCH AS FOT DO NOT 3XCED EXCLUSIONARY PASAEGS THROUGH WHICH I HAEV TRIUMPHED!111!1!11 OMG FALOUT SI A CONTINUOS WHOLA WHOS3 DYNMO PROCR3AETS TEH RESTLAS SWNGNG VIENS OF REVOLUTIONARY DISIEDNTS IN DA AL-2-COMON ASYM3TRIC ORDERNG
THIS!!!!1!1 OMG LOL AS WE KNOW AMBODEIS TEH SUM OF 3V3RY REPULSIEV SCOURG3 WHO BLEIVES H3 OR SH3 HAS INHERIETD DA TRUE FELNG ONE WUD NED 2 POSAS IF H3 OR SHE SI 2 3XPRES TEH ADJAECNT DIEMNSIONALITY TAHT SI BN3FIECNT 2 DA NOTION OF CONSTRUCTIEV FALOUT CRITICISM
2!1!!1!!1! OMG WTF B CONTINUED.!!1!1!!1!1!!!!1!11!1!! OMG WTF
I been K-lined, G-lined, and Kalvin Klein'd. Nevermind , my kicks, temp bans, perma bans and accusations that i use contraband. i am a hardcore troller, from when i get out of bed, till i fall asleep contemplating the new trolls that lay ahead. 24/7 the net is active, gotta preemptive or be two two puh packive
Wandering Linguist
Cunning Linguist

Post by Wandering Linguist »

I'm sorry I missed this topic when it first came out. I have a theory on occurences such as this. The speaker seems to have the problem of inflating his liquid-base ego with "sophisticated" words. This is a classic case of purple prose. What could have been said using layman's terms was grown into silly proportions in what seems to be a need for overcompensation. For what, I don't know. Maybe recognition, respect, or, paradoxically, to be understood.

What you're really doing is using words beyond your contextual understanding and flashing them around like you own them. You don't. It's shamefully apparent that you don't. In comparative terms using purple prose is like weilding weapons of technical skill beyond your comprehension, firing them, and inevitably achieving critical failure and hurting yourself. Very rarely will it go right. When it does, you still won't know what the hell is going. It's a high-risk gamble you're better off not taking.

Whatever your deal is Cakester, you'd better work on it. You sound like a damn fool.

EDIT: wielding*
AnneGwish
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by AnneGwish »

Wandering Linguist wrote: Cakester. You sound like a damn fool.
There we go. Have to keep it simple so the kid can understand it.
"If you could be God's worst enemy, or nothing, which would you choose?" -Fight Club

"God made me a cannibal to fix problems like you" -Angelspit
Wandering Linguist
Cunning Linguist

Post by Wandering Linguist »

You've got a point there. Maybe I should've stuck to 8th grade vocabulary.
Cakester
They call me Bum Tickler

Post by Cakester »

Wandering Linguist wrote:I'm sorry I missed this topic when it first came out. I have a theory on occurences such as this. The speaker seems to have the problem of inflating his liquid-base ego with "sophisticated" words. This is a classic case of purple prose. What could have been said using layman's terms was grown into silly proportions in what seems to be a need for overcompensation. For what, I don't know. Maybe recognition, respect, or, paradoxically, to be understood.

What you're really doing is using words beyond your contextual understanding and flashing them around like you own them. You don't. It's shamefully apparent that you don't. In comparative terms using purple prose is like weilding weapons of technical skill beyond your comprehension, firing them, and inevitably achieving critical failure and hurting yourself. Very rarely will it go right. When it does, you still won't know what the hell is going. It's a high-risk gamble you're better off not taking.

Whatever your deal is Cakester, you'd better work on it. You sound like a damn fool.

actually i understood all of this. but it is just the kind of attack you just made that is the paradoxical outcome. well said for a douche bag who fears being outwitted by simple vocabulary terms I clicked together in such a short time.

but that time i put in, has had much reception here on DAC. enough to fuel me to go on.

edit: use spell checker next time unless you like your feigned expertise to be so transparent
I been K-lined, G-lined, and Kalvin Klein'd. Nevermind , my kicks, temp bans, perma bans and accusations that i use contraband. i am a hardcore troller, from when i get out of bed, till i fall asleep contemplating the new trolls that lay ahead. 24/7 the net is active, gotta preemptive or be two two puh packive
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

Wandering Linguist wrote:I'm sorry I missed this topic when it first came out. I have a theory on occurences such as this. The speaker seems to have the problem of inflating his liquid-base ego with "sophisticated" words. This is a classic case of purple prose. What could have been said using layman's terms was grown into silly proportions in what seems to be a need for overcompensation. For what, I don't know. Maybe recognition, respect, or, paradoxically, to be understood.

This is how you use big words correctly.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
Cakester
They call me Bum Tickler

Post by Cakester »

Retlaw83 wrote:

This is how you use big words correctly.
too bad his is an attack on my intentions where as my OP had its own universe to deal with.
Cakester
They call me Bum Tickler

Post by Cakester »

and one more thing

TwinkieGorilla
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by TwinkieGorilla »

you wear some special pants there, Prosper.
Cimmerian Nights wrote:Todd Howard: making RPGs for people who hate RPGs.
Aonaran
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Aonaran »

This thread. Epic. I vote we add "Our vocabulary skills is above you" to the caption database...
my vocabulary skills is above you.
gobbleykins
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by gobbleykins »

seconded
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

Aonaran wrote:This thread. Epic. I vote we add "Our vocabulary skills is above you" to the caption database...
Done
Taco-Hero
Strider of the Wastes
Strider of the Wastes

Post by Taco-Hero »

Sparknotes, anyone?
Redeye
I lied
I lied

Post by Redeye »

Who is Taco-decorator?
Our Host!