Blade Runner: The Final Cut

Talk about music, movies, TV, books, other types of entertainment and what your vices are. Also, if you're addicted to the high you get off Aspirin, this is the place to talk about it.
Aonaran
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Aonaran »

Will Smith? Wha? Do elaborate, sir.
my vocabulary skills is above you.
PiP
Last, Best Hope of Humanity

Post by PiP »

Aonaran wrote:Will Smith? Wha? Do elaborate, sir.

and of course I don't think it's anime, it just has the 'robots have feelings' etc theme
fallout ranger
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by fallout ranger »

"I've seen C-Beams glittering off the tannhauser gate"

If anyone has ever watched 'soldier' with kurt russel, one of the campaigns in the montage is Tannhauser Gate...interesting.
Last edited by fallout ranger on Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

souljah is supposedly set in the same universe as BR. lord knows why
Nooke
I'm a little twat

Post by Nooke »

Well it's both kinda about replicants but where did you get this info that they're set in the same universe? Kinda curious...
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

Nooke
I'm a little twat

Post by Nooke »

Pseudoknowledge galore.
But still sufficient. Thanks.
Thorgrimm
Respected
Respected

Post by Thorgrimm »

fallout ranger wrote:"I've seen attack ships on fire off the tannhauser gate"

If anyone has ever watched 'soldier' with kurt russel, one of the campaigns in the montage is Tannhauser Gate...interesting.
IIRC, the lines are thus:

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. "I've watched C-Beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate..."

Also, in the director's commentary for Soldier he says that Soldier was set in the Blade Runner Universe.

Cheers, Thorgrimm
Saepius Exertus, Semper Fidelis, Frater Infinitas
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

PiP wrote:
Aonaran wrote:Will Smith? Wha? Do elaborate, sir.

and of course I don't think it's anime, it just has the 'robots have feelings' etc theme
I,Robot was such a miserable and sloppy movie. Will Smith should star in a movie where the main character is an actor/rapper who sucks all the life out of his roles as a sort of vampire. And when the movie is adapted to book, Will Smith's character should be a white guy, just for the laughs.
Wasteland Radio, with Charlie C.
Mad Max RW
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Mad Max RW »

I think it's cool how Rutger Hauer improvised that entire line.
cazsim83
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by cazsim83 »

Mad Max RW wrote:I think it's cool how Rutger Hauer improvised that entire line.
what!?!?!?

Now I know - and Hauer seems even more awesome than yesterday.

Thanks Thorgrimm as well
PiP

Post by PiP »

I think Max is just trying to get some confusion in this thread. Or are you not Max?
Aonaran
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Aonaran »

If he did improvise it then it would explain there being a line of good dialog in the film. Interesting, interesting.
my vocabulary skills is above you.
Thorgrimm
Respected
Respected

Post by Thorgrimm »

Mad Max RW wrote:I think it's cool how Rutger Hauer improvised that entire line.
Rutger Hauer is on record as improvising the "All those moments will be lost, in time. Like tears in rain. Time to Die." but the earlier part of that speech is from the David Webb Peoples draft, according to Hauer himself.

(pp 195-196 Future Noir by Paul M Sammon)

Here is an intresting li'l factiod about the Blade Runner/Soldier connection. One of the co-writers of Blade Runner was David Webb Peoples, who wrote Unforgiven, and Soldier. Soldier, as it was made, kind of sucks as a film, but in the original script Kurt Russell's character was meant to be a replicant of the same type as Hauer's character in Blade Runner- a combat model. The Tannhauser Gate actually featured in this script as the location of a vast battle. It was supposed to be a huge wall of metal, an impregnable fortress bristling with futuristic weapons, but was cut from the script due to budgetary concerns. Now it survives in the final film as a brief mention in Russell's characters bio.

Cheers, Thorgrimm
PiP

Post by PiP »

cheers
Speed_demon
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Speed_demon »

Watched "I am legend"...

*SPOILERS*

shit head tries to hunt deer with a ford mustang and a rifle while driving 90 in NY city with cars parked everywhere. Has a dog trained to run on a treadmill but doesn't obey when told "here boy" or what have you. Bitch tries to cure cancer, makes a super virus that kills or transforms everyone, except for will smith and a hand full of dinkleberries? smartest thing he did was kamakaze his dumb ass
0.5 out of 5 stars

BTW BladeRunner hater, smoke a big fatty and watch BR again, you will understand what we are talking about.

:BR Blues:
Adventuring in the wasteland on a daily basis
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

Speed_demon wrote:Watched "I am legend"...

*SPOILERS*

shit head tries to hunt deer with a ford mustang and a rifle while driving 90 in NY city with cars parked everywhere. Has a dog trained to run on a treadmill but doesn't obey when told "here boy" or what have you. Bitch tries to cure cancer, makes a super virus that kills or transforms everyone, except for will smith and a hand full of dinkleberries? smartest thing he did was kamakaze his dumb ass
0.5 out of 5 stars

BTW BladeRunner hater, smoke a big fatty and watch BR again, you will understand what we are talking about.

:BR Blues:
I hate that movie more each day. The book is fantastic and would have made an excellent faithful movie. God knows why they ignored the source materiaL completely. Honestly, the main char's name was the only thing that survived the adaptation. Well aND THE TITLE.
Wasteland Radio, with Charlie C.
fallout ranger

Post by fallout ranger »

What...the...fuck...

Why does everyone hate this movie? it was abetter adaptation than either of the other movies...maybe...
does this work
cazsim83
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by cazsim83 »

FR - I don't even think it kept the title - from what I remember of the opening (or was it closing?) credits, it says "based on the novel 'do androids dream of electric sheep'"
Nameless_One
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Nameless_One »

fallout ranger wrote:What...the...fuck...

Why does everyone hate this movie? it was abetter adaptation than either of the other movies...maybe...
Just passing&quoting exactly the same thing
Our Host!