Two years on VAN BUREN IS ALLLIIIIVE

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

No dessert for the big babies tonight.
Fez
Strider of the Wastes
Strider of the Wastes

Post by Fez »

So the NMA staff decides to come here, insult the Codex and DaC, whine and cry about how it is run and then tell them how to "do it right" - after NMA getting so upset about people doing the same to them? Irony!

Well done hypocrites.
Don't hate him because he's beautiful.

"Everyone's a girl when they're face down."
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

NMA doing that is no news, mango. Each time there's a newspost about VB, it happens.
Brother None
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by Brother None »

Fez wrote:So the NMA staff decides to come here, insult the Codex and DaC, whine and cry about how it is run and then tell them how to "do it right" - after NMA getting so upset about people doing the same to them? Irony!

Well done hypocrites.
Not really. Call it a "he punched me first"-attitude, but we were fine letting a truce lie, even if it was an uneasy truce. Teatime threw the first punch by yet again insulting us in an unnecessary way on the front page.

Arguments like "OMFG internet drama" and "it's all NMA's fault" aren't really going to serve anything, headwear-boy.
Susan wrote:NMA doing that is no news, mango. Each time there's a newspost about VB, it happens.
Actually, it seems to be more endemic of "everytime Teatime uses a newspost about VB to sling mud at NMA"-thing than just "every time there is a newspost about VB". Try not insulting NMA, it might provoke us less.
Killzig wrote:Back on topic, speaking of shitty fan fiction. That's about the quality of this design doc. NICE JOB MCA. What's the matter couldn't pack the town chock full o amnesiacs?
Ehehehe, did you actually read it?

It's not by MCA, hell, it's from a date when MCA was gone from Interplay.

Scroll to the bottom of the design doc, to the area checklist, look at who the developer is.

It's our old friend and comrade, Sean K. Reynolds!

(yeah, so no wonder if it kinda sucks, heh)
Ozrat wrote:I haven't been so oppressed since prom in 9th grade.
Killzig
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Killzig »

You remember how SKR had that girlfriend with the dissociative personality disorder? Yeah, turns out it was just him. SKR was just one of the personalities and MCA was peas and carrots. MCA = SKR. And I didn't bother reading the whole thing as it reads like it was written by someone who only thinks in post it note sized bites. I just took a quick peak in the FILE PROPERTAYS that said "AUTHOR = MISSUS CHRIS AVELLONE." Looked official enough to me. Maybe MCA was just trying to pawn off the shitty writing on SKR.
The answer to your first question is shaddup.
Mr. Teatime
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Mr. Teatime »

Kharn wrote:
Fez wrote:So the NMA staff decides to come here, insult the Codex and DaC, whine and cry about how it is run and then tell them how to "do it right" - after NMA getting so upset about people doing the same to them? Irony!

Well done hypocrites.
Not really. Call it a "he punched me first"-attitude, but we were fine letting a truce lie, even if it was an uneasy truce. Teatime threw the first punch by yet again insulting us in an unnecessary way on the front page.
Don't take it so personally. VAN BUREN IS DEAD DEAD DEAD DEAD DEAD!!!!
Oh noes i just insulted NMA
Fez
Strider of the Wastes
Strider of the Wastes

Post by Fez »

Teatime's comments weren't even that bad, cheeky maybe, but you'd have to be feeling awfully fragile to get upset about it. I've seen far worse on professional and successful websites (SA anyone?) and even newspapers. Instead of just rolling with the punches a big stink is caused and it just gets worse by adding more fuel to the fire. If you want to have the moral high-ground, try turning the other cheek.

Personally I'd have found amusing if it was directed at a site of my own, it was mild, cheeky and harmless. Heck, he did include proper links so it's still some free advertising. Take it in good spirits as a bit of friendly back and forth between associates rather than a dire insult to the clan THAT MUST BE AVENGED!

Feel free to scrape the bottom of the barrel for more flames call each other poo-poo heads for all time instead though. I enjoy the free entertainment and drama.
Don't hate him because he's beautiful.

"Everyone's a girl when they're face down."
Saint_Proverbius
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Saint_Proverbius »

I still want to know why RPG Codex was dragged in to this.
------------------
Spazmo
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by Spazmo »

Kharn, obviously, is intimidated by our manliness. I also think our refusal to post anything at all about a dead game may have hurt his feelings.
How appropriate. You fight like a cow.

RPG Codex
Saint_Proverbius
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Saint_Proverbius »

Well, I figure they'll get over it once they start posting about TORN and we don't cover that either.
------------------
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Kharn wrote:
Susan wrote:NMA doing that is no news, mango. Each time there's a newspost about VB, it happens.
Actually, it seems to be more endemic of "everytime Teatime uses a newspost about VB to sling mud at NMA"-thing than just "every time there is a newspost about VB". Try not insulting NMA, it might provoke us less.
Why do you care about it if you're so over this kind of bullshit? No seriously, why do you even care about it?

And why don't you keep the bitching about DAC to your forums, while we keep the bitching about NMA to our forum? You, Kharn, and Odin, never post here, except when this kind of shit happens. Make a man of yourself and get OVER it. Or just take it on yourself and say "HEY, VB stuff interest me, NMA, and our readers, and that is why we post about it".
Koki
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Koki »

Where the hell there is anything insulting to NMA in that newspost is beyond me. Anyone care to strap me to a wall, forcibly open my eyes using toothbicks and knife, then point them in right direction?
Serious Business.
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're after you, it means you think you're important.
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

If I employed (filthy, awful) signatures, Walt's amusing contribution would feature for a time. I'd probably have to credit someone else, though.

This thread is now slightly less humourless. Huzzah ! :drunk:
DarkUnderlord
Paragon
Paragon
Location: I've got a problem with my Goggomobil. Goggo-mobil. G-O-G-G-O. Yeah, 1954. Yeah, no not the Dart.

Post by DarkUnderlord »

Saint_Proverbius wrote:Well, I figure they'll get over it once they start posting about TORN and we don't cover that either.
Coming up next, never before released news on TORN!
  • See the screenshots that were never released.
  • Read about the gameplay that will never happen.
  • See the design doc that was never finished!
  • Wet yourself thinking about what could have been.
We'll be drip-feeding you this information slowly over the next six years.

STAY TUNED!

Yay! Longest poll EVAR!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Koki
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Koki »

TORN!

*Masturbating Furiously*
Serious Business.
Brother None
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by Brother None »

Mr. Teatime wrote:Don't take it so personally. VAN BUREN IS DEAD DEAD DEAD DEAD DEAD!!!!
I will stop taking it personal the moment you stop making it personal. You even went so far as to start a poll on it.

And again you people try to twist it around and accuse me. Jesus, we're not the ones making polls and newsposts in an attempt to insult DaC. Get over that. I like DaC, I just want peace and quiet and the ability of our posters to cross over forums as they will and for us to work together on news whenever possible. I thought we hade a truce of forms, I didn't ask for another attack from DaC and don't see why posting about Van Buren warrants it.

And yes, very amusing, all the paranoia talk and "that's no insult"-remarks, 'cept that it's all pretty much not dead on the money. We all know Teatime would cover the news normally, but he has a problem with the history surrounding Van Buren, with NMA and probably also a bit with the fact that we're still covering. I would laugh and shrug it off too, but there's a bit too much of a nasty grudge behind it. No offense, Teatime
Susan wrote:You, Kharn, and Odin, never post here, except when this kind of shit happens.
Not really true, and you should really not accuse people of bothering other forums, Mr. Kettle.
Spazmo wrote:I also think our refusal to post anything at all about a dead game may have hurt his feelings.
Oh, no, RPGCodex won't cover our news! Think of *all* the hits we're missing. Oh yes! None!

Ehehee, sorry, that was just mean.
Ozrat wrote:I haven't been so oppressed since prom in 9th grade.
Raymondo
Pussy Lord
Pussy Lord

Post by Raymondo »

Mr. Teatime wrote:aww pooper, why am I on your list?
Yeah, and why the hell aren't I? :'( I thought we had something, Pooper. :: cries :: I still love you though.
MR Snake
Chinderella
Chinderella

Post by MR Snake »

Kharn you suck, nma sucks, you have the shittiest news. Do I care im banned? not really, theres the order then theres nothing. It suddenly comes clear why the order gets to stay, they bring in retards, thats it.
van buren is dead and everyone knows it, theres nothing else to post about in the post apoc game setting and everyone knows it.

NMA has about 40 users daily and most of them are orderites, your site is dead and paying for it is a waste of money except for those hosted on it.
so why start fucking arguments with Teatime?
Cause your a moron thats why. You got Roshambo who, for all I know could be an inmate at some maximum security prison doing life having nothing better to do than to ban every new person on you forum, your idiots all of you?

I might have started the reason for getting banned in the first part but I certanly didnt end it, you did.
Fucking morons. End it already.
Do these glasses and my two chins make me look sexy?
DarkUnderlord
Paragon
Paragon
Location: I've got a problem with my Goggomobil. Goggo-mobil. G-O-G-G-O. Yeah, 1954. Yeah, no not the Dart.

Post by DarkUnderlord »

Seriously, Kharn, of all the people here I like to think of myself as the least involved in this DAC vs NMA bullshit. There have been things that happened at DAC where others were convinced NMA was out to get them. I thought it was BS and still think it's BS. When it comes to the whole DAC vs NMA stuff, I think the whole lot is BS.

However, this is taking it too far. Members of DAC aren't on NMA right now posting about how much Van Buren is dead. In fact, the entire thread at NMA is people say "Wow, cool" - which is great, there's nothing against that. But just because DAC decides to make a post saying "Hey guys, here's some more news about this DEAD game" doesn't make this some kind of Anti-NMA BS.
Kharn wrote:
Mr. Teatime wrote:Don't take it so personally. VAN BUREN IS DEAD DEAD DEAD DEAD DEAD!!!!
I will stop taking it personal the moment you stop making it personal. You even went so far as to start a poll on it.
1. I made the poll.
2. How is that poll personal? Seriously? Is it the Anti-NMA poll? Does it have "How much does NMA suck?" as the question? Is there anything about NMA there AT ALL? Nope. It's all about an issue related to a thread which is at... 5 pages now. It's a contentious issue. We have one camp saying we shouldn't post anything on it and another camp saying hey, post more about it! So I made a poll asking if we should stop posting Van Buren news. Especially seeing as everytime we do and dare mention that "hey guys, the thing's dead by the way", we get a flurry of NMA admins over here ranting and raving about how we're out to get them.

My personal opinion is that even though the game is dead, posting news about it "makes sense". Especially stuff that's not been heard before. We are after all, predominantly a Fallout site so posting news about Fallout stuff kind of makes sense now, doesn't it? The only thing we're doing differently is throwing in some friendly reminders on how dead the game is while we're at it. Saying "it's dead" is also a gentle reminder to the person / persons responsible behind painfully slowly leaking Van Buren stuff that "Hey, how long are we going to keep this up for"? I don't particularly care whether it's Briosafreak releasing it slowly as news bits or whether it's Sawyer, Chris, JFK or Elvis.
Kharn wrote:And again you people try to twist it around and accuse me. Jesus, we're not the ones making polls and newsposts in an attempt to insult DaC. Get over that. I like DaC, I just want peace and quiet and the ability of our posters to cross over forums as they will and for us to work together on news whenever possible. I thought we hade a truce of forms, I didn't ask for another attack from DaC and don't see why posting about Van Buren warrants it.

And yes, very amusing, all the paranoia talk and "that's no insult"-remarks, 'cept that it's all pretty much not dead on the money. We all know Teatime would cover the news normally
Define "normally". Go through the archives, find every news post made by Teatime and you'll find a recurring theme: He doesn't particular care whether he likes it or not, if it's news, he posts it. Restricted Area and Hellgate London have both been getting consistent serves of late.

Look, I personally sincerely apologise that we here at DAC don't post Van Buren news "the way NMA wants us too". Tough shit. Go tell someone who cares... Like umm... Well... I'm sure there's someone who cares. If this stuff is going to be spooned out piecemeal (by whomever) then hey, that's what you're going to get.

Do you remember back to the day when all three sites (NMA, DAC, Codex) got screenshots about Van Buren? What happened? Codex didn't post them at all. DAC posted them and as you'll note, Teatime said "Who cares" right then and there. Strangely enough, DAC nor the Codex have been "chosen" for any more tidbits. Have a read through the comments on that news post. Here DAC is, with a world-wide exclusive concept art shot that nobody else got and... We really couldn't care less.

Now tell me again that we're jealous of NMA getting all the Van Buren stuff or whatever your theory is.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Our Host!