Robert Downey Jr. is Lestat

Talk about music, movies, TV, books, other types of entertainment and what your vices are. Also, if you're addicted to the high you get off Aspirin, this is the place to talk about it.
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Robert Downey Jr. is Lestat

Post by King of Creation »

Robert Downey Jr. is set to play the vampire Lestat from the Anne Rice novels. Hopefully, they'll skip over Interview with a Vampire and just start up with Lestat.

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/17082
We've been scrambling all week to confirm the following report, especially since it came from a very reliable source and is insanely logical considering the popularity of vampires these days. I guess something good has come from the success of Twilight as Bloody Disgusting has learned exclusively that Universal Pictures is looking to restart Anne Rice's The Vampire Chronicles, which tells the tale of the vampire Lestat Du Lioncort (through his narration), a nobleman-turned-vampire in the late 18th century. No word yet on how they plan on unrolling this franchise, but we did find out who they are talking with to replace Tom Cruise and Stuart Townsend. Read on for the skinny.

We have confirmed this afternoon that ROBERT DOWNEY JR. is in close talks to play the vampire Lestat in Universal Pictures' The Vampire Chronicles, a newly rebooted franchise based on Anne Rice's popular novels.

Lestat appears as a major character in both motion picture adaptations of The Vampire Chronicles novels. In Neil Jordan's 1994 film adaptation of Interview with the Vampire, he is portrayed by Tom Cruise. In the 2002 film adaptation of Queen of the Damned, he is played by Stuart Townsend.

The Vampire Chronicles is a series of novels by Anne Rice that revolves around the fictional character Lestat de Lioncourt, a French nobleman made into a vampire in the 18th century.
<a href="http://www.duckandcover.cx">Duck and Cover: THE Site for all of your Fallout needs since 1998</a>
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

I really don't understand why they didn't go on with Neil Jordan, Tom Cruise and Brad Pitt; Interview was a very good flick. I hope they don't try to be "cool" in the next movie like they did in Queen of the Damned, which was a sack of shit.
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Have you read the books susan? Tom Cruise would be a horrible Lestat. In Interview with a Vampire, Anne Rice made the decision to make Lestat a villain, but then thought "Wait, he's cool, I'll try again," and wrote the rest of the series trying to make up for her mistake in Interview.
<a href="http://www.duckandcover.cx">Duck and Cover: THE Site for all of your Fallout needs since 1998</a>
spokomptonjdub
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by spokomptonjdub »

Downey Jr. is a busy man these days.

Iron Man, Lestat, and Sherlock Holmes.

Speaking of Sherlock, the first trailer looks AWFUL, which is too bad because it could make a great movie/series of movies. Way too many explosions and bare chested sweaty fisticuffs in the trailer.
MadBill
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by MadBill »

Sherlock Holmes the Action Explosion Flic
Pure GENIUS. I don't think I've seen Sherlock raped like that before.
I miss the good ol' USSA.
Aonaran
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Aonaran »

S4ur0n27 wrote:I really don't understand why they didn't go on with Neil Jordan, Tom Cruise and Brad Pitt; Interview was a very good flick. I hope they don't try to be "cool" in the next movie like they did in Queen of the Damned, which was a sack of shit.
Neil Jordan IS in fact the shit.
my vocabulary skills is above you.
rad resistance
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by rad resistance »

Robert Downey Jr. as a vampire, that will be interesting.
Cow Cud is a twin.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

i had a dream i was sherlock holmes as robert downey as me, but instead of boxing i revelead the stars on my hsorts and did the boxing chant of OH OH OH and gained respect for those that knew boxing but nobody in the crowd did, jeez. downey this biatttcccchhhhhh
:chew:
rad resistance
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by rad resistance »

I hope Downey does coke in this Sherlock film.
Cow Cud is a twin.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Dutch wrote:Have you read the books susan? Tom Cruise would be a horrible Lestat. In Interview with a Vampire, Anne Rice made the decision to make Lestat a villain, but then thought "Wait, he's cool, I'll try again," and wrote the rest of the series trying to make up for her mistake in Interview.
I'v only read The Vampire Lestat, and I thought he was way too gay.
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

The Immortal Blood Quaffing Wangst Ridden Ponce Lestat ?

Hmm, never was a fan of her . . . writing. Or the spin-offs. :drunk:
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

S4ur0n27 wrote:I'v only read The Vampire Lestat, and I thought he was way too gay.
It only gets worse.
vx trauma
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by vx trauma »

übergay vampires? poppy z brite.
Please Kill Yourself So I Can Rock
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

It looks like they'll be making the 2nd book in the series, The Vampire Lestat
Heading into the weekend Bloody Disgusting hit you with the monster news that Robert Downey Jr. was in talks to play Lestat Du Lioncort in Universal's reboot of Anne Rice's The Vampire Chronicles. Before we dive into official word from Rice, we learned over the weekend exclusively that the plan is to first adapt The Vampire Lestat, the second novel in the adult vampire franchise. Now, beyond the break you can read what Rice had to say about our breaking news.

After reading our news here on Bloody Disgusting, website BSC got in touch with author Anne Rice who talked a bit about the possibility of Downey Jr. in the role and addresses those complaining that Downey Jr. is too old ('cause he's not).

"I'm delighted to comment. First off, I cannot confirm or deny the rumor. I have not received official word as to the truth of it yet," she tells the site, although Bloody Disgusting can in fact confirm the validity of our story.

"But I can say without hesitation that I love Robert Downey Jr. and I think he would make a fabulous Vampire Lestat. He is a major actor, a powerhouse of talent and personality, and he evinces an irrepressible and seductive charm. He would bring great energy and skill to the role. I would love to see this happen. I've loved Robert Downey Jr. ever since I saw him in Restoration years ago, and I thought he was magical and powerful in Iron Man. -- So I hope the rumors are true. - I've posted on my Facebook "fan" page saying pretty much the same thing.

"Some are saying he is too old to play the part," she continues. "This is absolutely not true. He is quite youthful. Besides, Lestat is a man when he is made into a vampire. A twenty year old man in the 18th century is the equivalent of an older man today. Age just shouldn't be an issue here, not with an actor of this scope and charisma. - I'm thrilled at the prospect that this rumor might be true."
Aonaran
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Aonaran »

How gay are we talkin' here? Like, throne of boys gay?
my vocabulary skills is above you.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Am-bi-guous.
Superhaze
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Superhaze »

Needs more slave-slaughtering in the dark. :1776:
Our Host!