My brain hurts @ real-time ;D

Like Tactics? Found a cool mod for another game that reminds you of Fallout? Playing those crappy spin-off console games called "Fallout"? Discuss here.
lemmy101
SDF!
SDF!

My brain hurts @ real-time ;D

Post by lemmy101 »

Hello all! I just recently got my ancient copy of FOT back and tried it for the first time online. Yipes! All those people running about, me dying horribly after like 2 seconds. Maybe I'm just getting old, but I couldn't really get my head around what was going on, my reactions are none to great, and had to have "a little bit of a lie down" afterwards. ;)

I was a huge fan of F1 + 2, and X-COM etc. I was looking forward to some classic turn-based maimery (is that a word?:)) but it appears turn based doesn't get played a lot online (or at all, I've not found one yet)

Can anyone suggest where I could find some turn-based fans to play with? Perhaps someone on these boards?

Thanks yours hopefully etc!

lemmy

PS: Hello everyone! :)
Redeye
I lied
I lied

Post by Redeye »

I've never even tried online FOT.

I might try it TB, what the hell. Need people, though.

What would be good is MP missions/campaigns. I don't know how well that works, if at all.

Maybe FOT2, if it hadn't been cancelled, would have had that functionality.

We got Lionheart instead.

There should be a :vomit: smiley like that drawing of radiated Vaultboy in the FO manual.

Haris
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Haris »

Fallout tactics online was fucked up by players when they implemented their made up shit rules called 10k. Meaning they wont let you play with them unless you make 1 char that costs 10k to make and they have all kind of weapon restrictions.

Basicly it turned "tactics online" in to a shity Counter strike clone with lamer graphics and less player skill involved.
vx trauma
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by vx trauma »

cut the 'your oppinion shit'. just give the neutral specs about bits and things or shut up, please.
Please Kill Yourself So I Can Rock
Haris
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Haris »

Its not my opinion. Its the way it is. I went to play fallout tactics online thinking it would have great battles with several players controling 6 chars each and fighting it out in turn based combat eather toghether against npcs or against eachother. But it doesnt work like that and not cause game doesnt suport that kind of gameplay, but only cause players refuse to play it that way.
Slaughter_Manslaught
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Slaughter_Manslaught »

Then why you don't get with them "Hey, let's play with 6 chars and kick ass and all that?"

And I think that both CTB and TB have they merits.
Lemmy, you would do well to play CTB with 1k, and six squad members.
It's very cool with lots of tactics, battle, carnage and fun. People killing thenselves with shotguns and diamonds spears means LOTS of fun!
Bring your daughter... to the Slaughter of Manslaught.
Haris
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Haris »

It's very cool with lots of tactics, battle, carnage and fun. People killing thenselves with shotguns and diamonds spears means LOTS of fun!
Does that ever happen? I know its been over a year since i last tested playing tactics online, but back than all they played was 10k. And that was really boring.
Slaughter_Manslaught
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Haris wrote:
Does that ever happen? I know its been over a year since i last tested playing tactics online, but back than all they played was 10k. And that was really boring.
Don't know about you DAC guys, but we at Vault of Broken Dreams play lots of games in lots of ways. 10k, 500 and 1k (for muties and claws), 2k, 15k melee supermutant basharound (I don't think that this word exists, but it's funny) and even a lame, but fun "Kill the boss style", where a player picks a ultra-bassass-mofo on 30k and psycho and the rest try to shoot the life outta him.

You just need to try again or find the right guys, Haris.
St. Toxic
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by St. Toxic »

Fascists.
Redeye
I lied
I lied

Post by Redeye »

St. Toxic wrote:Fascists.
Racists!
Steelkage
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Steelkage »

Redeye wrote:
St. Toxic wrote:Fascists.
Racists!
uhhh...communists???
For now i have none...but i will soon....
Slaughter_Manslaught
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Just a question: Do you guys play FOT on a good basis? We could get a day to play together.
lemmy101
SDF!
SDF!

Post by lemmy101 »

turn based??? ;D
Slaughter_Manslaught
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

lemmy101 wrote:turn based??? ;D
Depending on the number of chars and players. Playing with six guys with four chars each on TB is quite BORING!

And what your guys got against CTB? At least it respects all the rules of SPECIAL. It's not a shitty real time where you can shot freely.
Steelkage
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Steelkage »

Slaughter_Manslaught wrote:
lemmy101 wrote:turn based??? ;D
Depending on the number of chars and players. Playing with six guys with four chars each on TB is quite BORING!

And what your guys got against CTB? At least it respects all the rules of SPECIAL. It's not a shitty real time where you can shot freely.
yea when i played FOT, CTB was the only way id play it...i mean come on from CBT to real time is an extreme conversion, plus it almost makes the unbareable to play... (if FO and FO2 were not inexistence the game would appeal more to gamers, but since there are ppl who played the "sequals" they focus more in how unlike it is from its predassesors then on the actual same...sry for going off tangent)
Redeye
I lied
I lied

Post by Redeye »

Slaughter_Manslaught wrote:Just a question: Do you guys play FOT on a good basis? We could get a day to play together.
FOT probably gets played 1 time per year by 1 person per year.

Divided among everybody here.
hadack
SDF!
SDF!

Post by hadack »

i play it frequently on Lan in turn-based with some rules like only one drug per char and super-shotguns banned
we even made some maps with some special objectives like get into the bank, grab the gold and then leave.
currently im changing a lot of entites for balance, so someday i may release a turn based mod.
i hate gamespy so i never went online....
its really fun in tb at least with two players more could be tedious
btw does anyone know another multiplayer squad-based tbs apart from ufo2000(funny for a short time, but not as good as fot)?
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

I thought the old WW2 rule set was pretty fun, but that was a quite a many years back when I played it.
Slaughter_Manslaught
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

hadack wrote:i play it frequently on Lan in turn-based with some rules like only one drug per char and super-shotguns banned
we even made some maps with some special objectives like get into the bank, grab the gold and then leave.
currently im changing a lot of entites for balance, so someday i may release a turn based mod.
i hate gamespy so i never went online....
its really fun in tb at least with two players more could be tedious
btw does anyone know another multiplayer squad-based tbs apart from ufo2000(funny for a short time, but not as good as fot)?
Hey, do you ever used Hamachi? We could play together someday. Maybe I can even call some guys from VBR, since we play FOT on a daily basis, and we're planning do to the first "WoV" (War of the Vaults) soon. Bad thing that our forum had some technical problems, but we'll fix that real soon.

On VBR, our normal rules are that Gauss Miniguns, M2 Browing and Rocket Launchers are banned. Psycho too. Depending on the number of points, other gauss weapons are banned too.

We normally play on 2k, multi-race. I could create a universal Hamachi channel so people from all Fallout comunities could play together. What about that?
Steelkage
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Steelkage »

makes me wish i still had my FOT CD.....
Our Host!