Another Scifi Smallscreen Disaster

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
Europa13
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Europa13 »

Mad Max RW wrote:I still think Quantum Leap was the best scifi show in recent years.
I watched Firefly and remembered they'd have one scene of pure awesomness and the next 58 minutes was lots of talk. The new Battlestar Galactica is just painful. I like Edward James Olmos, but he doesn't save the show. The shit camera movement, shit actors, and shit story leads up to an hour of shit. Never seen Lost because I can't stand half assed cliff hanger mysteries. I'm not even going to begin to list why Stargate sucks so much. The movie was good. Let's leave it at that.

Someone mentioned Dirty Jobs and Mythbusters. Those two, along with Survivorman, are the only shows I watch regularly. Survivorman is on the Science Channel (one of Discovery's sister channels) and deals with this guy who's dropped in the middle of nowhere and left to fend for himself for a week. The gimmick is he also plays the role as a camera crew. He lugs the shit around with him while trying to stay alive.

You're way off base dude.... I mean, are you even wathing the same BSG as I am? Jesus... The acting is incredible, the characters have depth to them and ... Jesus.... Dude, BSG is an awesome show and quite frankly, I like their Documentary style camera movments, lots of energy in the scenes. And like I said, most people who've seen it would disagree... Mainly, i'm just going to guess that you don't like drama, so for you, it sucks, because yeah, a lot of BSG is talking and drama... If that's the case, then say that but why knock the show when you have a problem with what it is in the first place? But, that's just my opinion. Survivorman yeah, thats cool too... ANother was Going Tribal... That was an interesting show... O and, I Shouldn't Be Alive... That's decent as well. Btw, Lost isn't half assed in any way shape or form. ';0) But yeah, SG1/SG:A both suck... I don't watch them for the same reason I don't watch most of the crap that's on Sci-Fi, which is ap itty because SG1 has Ben Browder, who I dig and Claudia Black as well... But, they still don't make it pallitable. ANy ways... Here's my HBO/Showtime "Must See" list.

Carnivale *Canceled @fter Season 2* Buy the DVDs, they're worth it.

Rome... This is right up there with Lost and BSG, but honestly, surpasses them both by a tiny bit I think, mainly because of it's scale and scope... It is amazing to watch. This show is the #1 show on TV, along side BSG and Lost for sure

Pen & Teller's Bullshit... it's on Showtime I believe... Great show, funny as hell.

Ali GI.... Awesome show, funny as hell.

Deadlike Me, great show, got canceled after the 2nd season by Showtime.

DEADWOOD you C*@#KSuckers! ... Another Great show from HBO... Worth the watch, it's probably a hair down from Rome, but still awesome.

Yeah, that's all I can think about right off the top of my head, and as far as Nip/Tuck goes... I've heard that it's really good but most of the people I know who watch it are gay, so I dunno if it'd appeal to me. haha, jk. No, i've heard it's good but just dosn't interest me...
Righteous is the man who never turns a blind eye towards the truth.
Mad Max RW
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Mad Max RW »

Maybe I just hate scifi shows in space. Although, I managed to tolerate Star Trek TSG. I'm not into soap operas or space operas or whatever the hell you want to call Battlestar Galactica.

Bullshit is great. I've always been a huge Penn and Teller fan.

I saw an episode of I Shouldn't be Alive and it was ok. It may have been the episode about the jerk who's is kidnapped in the middle of the Congo then later has his legs blown off by a landmine. Or maybe that was another show. It was good, but something about it didn't grab me.

Survivorman is definitely the shit. I highly recommend it to everybody. Discovery might be moving it over to their parent channel soon because it's getting good ratings. They aired a cut down half hour version the other day.

Never seen any of the HBO made stuff in several years. I got rid of it around the time Sopranos started (which I hate). What I do remember is the Spawn animated series which was pretty decent. Mr. Show had a few laughs, but sucked overall. Between that they played Titanic 6 times a day with 20 minutes of commercials in between. Fuck HBO.
Nicolai
ASSHAT
ASSHAT

Post by Nicolai »

The first few episodes of Lost were pretty neat, but, eh, it got old pretty quickly. The pace was excruciatingly slow.
Naked_Lunch

Post by Naked_Lunch »

It's slowed down to a near-dead crawl now so I've basically just given up on watching the show and I just read the plot summaries on WikiPedia instead.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

The last TV show i was interested in was Project Greenlight where they give a dude a chance to direct a movie. Recently I've gotten into Lost and House. They are pretty cool but I would only watch them with my DVR cause I don't want to have to clear my schedule just to watch the weekly episode with tons of commercials just to have you wait for the next one.

I'm renting the first season of LOST and it pretty good, the main girl is fuckin hot and i want to bang her in the pooper.

House is just cool because House is an interesting character and each episode is complete.
Europa13
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Europa13 »

Yeah MMax, "The Space OPeraAA!!!!!!" hehehe, "Boreing yoU THROUGH THE DARKNESS OF THE VOID!!!" heheh, naaa, I guess that's why I liked them though aye? and yeah TSG was not a space opera, least not to the extent the other ST series were, minus the latest which went back to the basics a bit more, but still wasn't close enough to "Shoot to Kill, We Come In Peace". Any ways, yeah, that was the episode of ISBAlive where the dude gets kidnapped by the Kameir Ruge... Not sure of the spelling but it basically means Red Scarf, least i'm pretty sure... Pol Pott's lil Army. The one I liked was the lost at sea one where 2 of the men drank salt water, went crazy jumped over and got eatin by sharks while the rest watched and 1 of the women died of blood poisioning from a gash in her leg, the 2 who survived got to see the whole thing, obiously so, and turns out, the reason there was no rescue was because someone, they don't know who till this very day, called in and said the boat made it to port. hahahah... That was great. Any ways, Carnivale, Deadwood and deffenitly Rome are 3 great shows that HBO has pumped out recently... Again, worth the watch. Carnivale was set in the 30s, during the height of the great depression in the dust bowl, I posted a review of it a long time ago on here actually. It was a great show and very apocalyptic... Delved into religious themes, etc... Good vs Evil, with plenty shades of gray.
Righteous is the man who never turns a blind eye towards the truth.
JohnPnP
I play with my P(n)P
I play with my P(n)P

Post by JohnPnP »

Dude Richard Dean Anderson kicks all your sorry asses. I mean... MacGyver... Come on.
EzekielLyne (8:34:01 PM): would you be the one they make fun of?
EzekielLyne (8:34:31 PM): like "This here is John, the retarded gamer, he enjoys madden 2005, and grand theft auto
EzekielLyne (8:35:02 PM): and he is eagerly expecting the arrival of the next Lara Croft game
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Good acting in BSG? Characters with depth? Well I guess this is a matter of taste, but seriously, your criterias are pretty low, Europa.
PsychoSniper

Post by PsychoSniper »

Mad Max RW wrote:This is one of those deals that had a chance to be decent if it was 20 years ago. Today every single big budget series blows all their money on a single 3 second effects shot and the rest of the hour is filled with overacting bullshit and cliched love triangles.
Agreed. More plot, less 'teh sechs appeal!' type bullshit. Something like this would need 1 main element for the plot to easily work. Lots of destroyed buildings and a wasteland type landscape. Personaly, Ill wait til I get back from the sandbox, and if I hear its good (and it doesnt get flamed shitless here, another clue it might not be decent post appoc) I might pick up a season set once my tour over here's finished.

That said, I wish we'd get a WELL MADE Fallout TV series. But Im glad we're not getting one, cause they'd prolly focus on "Teh Nekked chiks!" rather than a well done plot.

And fuck that about Stargate. Its a good show, though I dont care too much for the spinoff atlantas or the most recent few seasons.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

A Fallout TV series is a terrible idea. I think the Vault dweller was different for each of us, and trying to picture him with a single actor would sucks.
vx trauma
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by vx trauma »

Young Mel Gibson would rock as the Vault Dweller. Especially w the leather armour and the highwayman.
Please Kill Yourself So I Can Rock
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

I'd tag unarmed combat and go for Steven Seagal. In a tight blue jumpsuit, of course. :eyebrow:
RawonaM
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by RawonaM »

... or Chuck Norris.... :yes:
Long Live Rock n' Roll
PsychoSniper

Post by PsychoSniper »

Meh, fuck ( with all due respect) the vault dweller. That would be an attempt to make a TV show directly based off of the game.

Id rather have a game set in the wasteland, with either a new wanderer or a town of some sort (and various main residents and goings on) as the main plot.
Nicolai
ASSHAT
ASSHAT

Post by Nicolai »

Too bad that Mel Gibson is rather old nowadays.
ApTyp
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ApTyp »

There should be Fallout comedy series on TV. Like Seinfield, only with The Master instead of Kramer, doing his crazy antics like barging in Vault Dweller's New York apartment to borrow soap and shit. :rofl:

Or do it on UPN, and make all mutants white people, while the good guys are negroes. B) It will be a big hit, because crackers be crazy :aiee:

But wtf, no one wants to make it >:(
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Stop drinking, ApTyp.
ApTyp
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ApTyp »

wtf, these are VERY GOOD IDEAS! :cry:
Nicolai