Rumor Time: Fear the story?

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

Why don't you guys post the actual dialog you have with the developers instead of going "the story will be bad cause i have inside info."
Killzig
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Killzig »

I have a shocker for you guys that you might also want to post on the front page: the sun will set today. Bank on it.
The answer to your first question is shaddup.
VDweller
Regular
Regular

Post by VDweller »

POOPERSCOOPER wrote:Why don't you guys post the actual dialog you have with the developers instead of going "the story will be bad cause i have inside info."
It may get people fired. I'm sure you can wait for the XBOX magazine.
Killzig wrote:I have a shocker for you guys that you might also want to post on the front page: the sun will set today. Bank on it.
I even have the exact time. Somewhere between 7 and 8. Get the portable generators ready.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

VDweller wrote: It may get people fired.
good?
Cthulhugoat
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Cthulhugoat »

PM us with the dialog, then. ::simplistic::
VDweller
Regular
Regular

Post by VDweller »

Wrong people?
Mihey
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Mihey »

Well, I am quite often here @ DAC since quite a while, and i love Fallout 1 and 2 (and ONLY this two parts of this license at this time), actually these are my favourites.

But to be honest, if you take the overall story, ignoring all the details, it isn't really a masterpiece. No, in fact it's a clichee hollywood story, containing a political affair. Well, that would be the main strand. Fallout shows the real potential of it's story and ambience in all these small details made by their developer, all the side quests, the genious sideplots showing racism, drug abuse, black humor, violation....well, i could go on for hours just like this, Fallout just covers nearly all critical domains of our society. So this is actually, what made Fallout my favourite, but the story in general, well, don't blame me, but if somebody told me the general plot - without even to get the chance to test the game on my own - I'd say "Not again such a fucking clichee shit, had already enough of that".

So I would propose to just sit and wait till some concrete information shows up before judging them

Oh yeah! Please forget my bad english, I do my best to improve it during my informatics-studies :drunk:
baby arm
Strider of the Wastes
Strider of the Wastes

Post by baby arm »

Don't worry. We are here to help you with your informatics. We are your friends.
skin loves <a href="http://www.tacticularcancer.com">godless children</a>
Dagon
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Dagon »

VD if you could post me some real info by PM. Do you have any concept arts etc.? it would be really nice.
War, war never changes....
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Dagon wrote:VD if you could post me some real info by PM. Do you have any concept arts etc.? it would be really nice.
And I want Pete's underwear. Don't ask why.
Mad Max RW
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Mad Max RW »

If you know real details about Bethesda's Fallout 3 story then post it. Jesus fucking christ, why do them a favor and NOT spill the beans? We know the game is gonna be shit. Are you so afraid of losing a precious contact. Fuck.

I know a few of you guys are gonna do the same shit NMA did for several years with Van Buren. Dangle a carrot of bullshit in front of everybody saying you know something but can't tell because you have your lips so tightly fixed on some no-name developer's cock. Where's Killian when you need him.

Another thing. Why let an Xbox magazine make the big reveal in the next few weeks (maybe, but I doubt it)? Think about that.
VDweller
Regular
Regular

Post by VDweller »

Dagon wrote:VD if you could post me some real info by PM. Do you have any concept arts etc.? it would be really nice.
The problem with posting anything via PM is that you never know what will be reposted, when, and how. I was asked not to repeat anything, simple as that. Sometimes I don't agree with or understand the secrecy (and I believe that VB should have been shared with the community openly), but I respect wishes of those who share some info or files with me.
Mad Max RW wrote:If you know real details about Bethesda's Fallout 3 story then post it. Jesus fucking christ, why do them a favor and NOT spill the beans? We know the game is gonna be shit. Are you so afraid of losing a precious contact. Fuck.
I don't give a fuck about losing a contact, but I don't want to get someone fired. Silly? Well, the Codex is censored and blacklisted, the developers can't even visit the fucking site anymore, so I tend to take it seriously. It's not Black Isle, it's a different company with a different mentality.
I know a few of you guys are gonna do the same shit NMA did for several years with Van Buren.
Yes, you got me. Years after FO3 is released, I'll keep hinting that I know the story.
Mad Max RW
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Mad Max RW »

I dunno, maybe this community had some balls. That's kinda what set it apart from every other fan base. Killian and DAC totally nailed Interplay on FOBOS and Lionheart like a year before they were announced. Bethesda is a shit developer bailing on the PC just like Interplay. I hate this loyalist attitude I find everywhere for a few people making a stupid game that'll disappoint all of us. I'm not just referring to this one instant, but everywhere. There's always a couple guys at a forum saying they know stuff but can't talk. I know they get a real kick out of pulling that shit.
vx trauma
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by vx trauma »

the feel to be special is to lucrative for these ewhores. pimping 0news for attention. wonderful.
Please Kill Yourself So I Can Rock
Briosafreak
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Briosafreak »

I know a few of you guys are gonna do the same shit NMA did for several years with Van Buren. Dangle a carrot of bullshit in front of everybody saying you know something but can't tell because you have your lips so tightly fixed on some no-name developer's cock.
That's complete bullshit. We would give away info as long as we would get it. The hardest part was to get real docs and art, that took a while but do tell me of one game that has so much stuff made public as VB. One game with all the docs, with art, fonts, interviews made public. The only thing it would always take time to show was info on Interplay itself, basically because we would confirm everything we hear with saint and other sources before posting things. Yeah I like to check my facts first, so sue me. And we did it without getting anyone fired, although at times it was a really close deal...

I say bulshit to that.
Yes, you got me. Years after FO3 is released, I'll keep hinting that I know the story.
We didn't hint, we got it to everyone to see. The only thing we can't have is the techdemo, since it could be considered code theft, and even for that I found a way to at least show it. And what do you want me to do in the days of Van Buren, to put a big thank you to Killzig and Saint_Proverbius for finding me so much stuff in the front page, or to post ipsis verbis conversations that took place in determined places with just a couple of guys present? Interplay was monitoring every PM from the forum, every IRC chat, every e-mail sent and received, so it was no bed of roses.

I would get infos from devs in a local burguer joint or something with online comps begging me to stop sending messages to others while they were at work, or to remove for 24 or 48 hours info A and B, dead scared.

And yet we gave more info than anyone was expecting from the game, from the Interplay inside wars and the future of the franchise. Do you guys think I would be one of the first giving the info on Bethesda winning the license or Troika closing doors, or the end of BIS and Fallout3 if I was playing around with rumours and not taking responsibility for what I'm informing and those that help me to find the info?

No, and if you think otherwise or if you think we play games with the info we got you can all fuck off.
VDweller
Regular
Regular

Post by VDweller »

Mad Max RW wrote:I dunno, maybe this community had some balls.
Balls? I stated that the game is RT when I got the info (July 06). Teatime made a post (link), and here is the reaction:

Vault Dweller isn't really someone who's "rumors" I would tend to believe.
I await the next news post of the world is flat because is VD leaked it.
Vault Dweller's rubbish...

And so on, and so on. Today it seems to me that everyone has accepted the fact that the game is not isometric and turn-based. Now the OXM stuff.

"If the first concrete details about Fallout 3 appear in an Xbox magazine, and not on DAC or NMA, I predict armageddon" - KoC

You know, I'd actually like to see that armageddon. So far you guys have been taking it like a bitch, buying every official word and celebrating rare developers' posts, trying hard not ask yourself the obvious questions.
I hate this loyalist attitude...
One more time, Bethesda is a shitty company. Not everyone who works for Beth is a shitty person who should be fired for letting us know something.
There's always a couple guys at a forum saying they know stuff but can't talk. I know they get a real kick out of pulling that shit.
Sure. Believe what you will.
VDweller
Regular
Regular

Post by VDweller »

vx trauma wrote:the feel to be special is to lucrative for these ewhores. pimping 0news for attention. wonderful.
I get enough attention as the Codex admin.
VDweller
Regular
Regular

Post by VDweller »

Briosafreak wrote:
We didn't hint, we got it to everyone to see.
That was a reply to whats-his-face, not an attack on you or NMA. I've never complained about all the VB stuff.
Mr. Teatime
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Mr. Teatime »

If I had any info to share, I'd post it :P

Anyway, I've long been 90% certain it's gonna be real time, first person and all that. I had hoped that the plot, atmosphere and everything else would redeem the game and somehow, the real time first person game would still work as a FO sequel. How? I dunno.
I still don't know if that's gonna happen or not, but I guess we'll know for near-certainty within the next few months.
Killzig
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Killzig »

you guys can easily boil down your info to general facts. That's what I did with fobos. Got the information out but just handed out the basic bullet points that EVERYONE working on the project would know, then I fired off a lot of misdirection (so much so that MCA got called into Herve's office and Feargut came into IRC to investigate).

If anybody asks, thank Todd Howard.

GOOD TIMES.
The answer to your first question is shaddup.
Our Host!