Injewious Basturds

Talk about music, movies, TV, books, other types of entertainment and what your vices are. Also, if you're addicted to the high you get off Aspirin, this is the place to talk about it.
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

ok, i've got at what irritates me- QT's flicks are too pretentious to stand. When I watch his movies I cant help but get this image of him with his ugly fucking head on a 13 year old's body and he is just giggling and he's all like-
"Thats just like in spaghetti westerns!! Betchya didnt know i was a movie expert..hahahehe oh and see that?!?! That was in a samurai movie!!hehe"

I hope he dies horribly. Is that bad?

Wasteland Radio, with Charlie C.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

im not a big fan as he just drags up anything between 60-79, makes it cool and giggles about it like a dick. but then again he's done pretty well for himself from video rental dude and its pretty much the boost up into good stuff. like, everybody here probably saw resevoir dogs or whatever the fuck as a mainstream artsy film before they went totally bonkers and splatterpunk'd all over.
:chew:
vx trauma
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by vx trauma »

6/6.6 wonderful baseball bat scene. revenge comedy at its best. bonus : almost everybody died AND the smiling nazis.

He said he strangled the goat when it tried to resist his advances.
Please Kill Yourself So I Can Rock
St. Toxic
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by St. Toxic »

Retlaw83 wrote:I find it offensive that you're referring to rad resistance as a human being.
Compared to the average kike, I'm prepared to call him family. :eagle:

So, was the movie any gute?
Aonaran
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Aonaran »

Dogmeatlives wrote:I hope he dies horribly. Is that bad?
It seems the more high minded QT gets, the more universally reviled he becomes. I personally dug the shit out of Deathproof. It takes what is perhaps the most masculine film genre, the 1970s outlaw road film, and subverts it, using it as a vehicle to dissect gender and gender roles. Flawed? Yeah. It could have used a couple more drafts and a competent editor to rein in some of the dialog scenes, but on the whole everything in there (theatrical cut) was purposeful.

And now we have Inglourious Basterds, a Goebbels style propaganda film that gives the American audience exactly what they want out of a war film released during not one, but two foreign wars. But by the end of it you, the audience, are implicated in the same demented desires that drove the Third Reich. Boo, hiss! He's just ripping shit off to be cool, though. Right?

Somewhere along the way it has become the hip new shit to piss on your idols, whether they be QT, Wes Anderson or the rest of the badasses from the class of '99. I still adore their films, is that bad?
my vocabulary skills is above you.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Aonaran wrote:Somewhere along the way it has become the hip new shit to piss on your idols
Well, I think the truth lies somewhere in between. All directors have their hits and misses and maybe a couple of home runs. I, for one, enjoyed immensely Jackie Brown and Death Proof of QT movies. As for the others, they were rather tepid. Same thing with, say, Terry Gilliam or Oliver Stone movies. People shouldn't be so extreme with their opinions one way or another.
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

St. Toxic wrote:
Retlaw83 wrote:I find it offensive that you're referring to rad resistance as a human being.
Compared to the average kike, I'm prepared to call him family. :eagle:

So, was the movie any gute?
Wow... uh... reexamine that logic, Toxie
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

It's not necessarily pissing on an idol, as I never really considered him such. Plus my tastes have changed since I was A CHILD, SIMPLY A CHILD. I'm not going to dislike something because it's popular, it just happens I don't like popular stuff because it's shit and people don't know any better with my high falutin' experience of De Cinemá.

I don't necessarily think he's god is gift to film as basically he just magpie's all the bits from anywhere else, pins it together and puts some ennio morricone on because OMG ENNIO WAS THERE MAN HE WAS TOTALLYINTHE...REALM..OF THE SPAGHETTI AND I WANTED TO SHOW THAT IN...IN THE MOVIE. IT'S A GOOD MOVIE bullshit then you can go to a bar this weekend and listen to a bunch of dudes even uglier than him to dribble on about how ennio morricone has such a big cock that they could fuck his cock with their small cocks and isn't Quick Time such a good director. These people also probably have ironic haircuts, all their dvds are from this decade and have little moustaches tattooed onto there fingers because its sooooooooo fun.

But yah, I like his movies, though he kind of spoils it a bit by just being the way he is. Reduction of pleasure. I think you can judge art based on the artist, that is an okay thing to do. So is judging art based on an audience. Or even...itself
:yikes:
:chew:
St. Toxic

Post by St. Toxic »

Manoil wrote:Wow... uh... reexamine that logic, Toxie
Image :aiee:
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

Whatever you say, mack.
Aonaran
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Aonaran »

Megatron: well said sir. Although for everything worthwhile there is often a subculture of fucktards who latch onto the wrong shit or decide to like it for the completely wrong reasons, reasons often in direct contradiction of the point of the art in question.

I think Reservoir Dogs is a great example. For the longest time I hated the fuck out of it because it seemed like your stereotypical tough guy saying tough guy shit in a tough guy movie oh my god isn't that so fucking cool in a tough guy kinda way? Nein. It wasn't until I watched it recently and realized that it was a critique of that kind of masculinity, that the guy you thought was a bitch had the biggest pair and the guy who seemed like the baddest motherfucker was a pencil-dicked psychopath, that I truly came to love it. This does not change the fact that most people love Res Dogs because they think it is a cool tough guy movie.

Unfortunately I haven't gleened anything of worth from Kill Bill, and doubt I ever will. Naturally this is a fan favorite. Go figure.
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

he is definitely not an "idol" of mine. Pulp Fiction is really the only flick I can stomach multiple times. I find his movies to be pretty boring honestly. Reservoir Dogs is fucking lame, ok? I said it. I only pretended to like it in highschool, and that was because I thought I might as well make the most out of having to sit through the fucking shitfest.

He can lick my balls frankly. I don't like his jerk-off face and I don't like his jerk-off attitude and I feel like the people who really push this fucktard on the masses are other movie dorks who hope to be flung into Hollywood like he was or something.

When I'm watching a movie, I want to just watch it. I don't want to be reminded of other films the whole time like "oh thats so coolz how he randomly put anime in. How very fucking hip, and wow thats like old obscure samurai movies! Aren't I great with all the fucking trivial movie shit I've absorbed!?!?!"

Ok thats it. I sound a bit pissed perhaps? Well I just burnt the fucking chicken I was grilling so fuck!
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

I'm not one of the people who hates his shit or absolutely loves it either, but the films he makes are usually pretty entertaining. He is one of the few people who I think can make a trivial dialog between characters entertaining and eventful in the movie. I'm not really often reminded of stuff in his movies that much because I haven't often watched a lot of the movies he is referencing but I get that he is referencing something when he makes obvious spunky stuff like Kill bill and Death proof.

The guy doesn't seem that pretentious more of like he thinks everything kicks ass.

My dad still thinks he made Dusk Till Dawn and often says that it's Tarantino's best. I've never felt the desire to correct him about it though.
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

He came up with the "Dead Nigg-er Storage" conversation. Sorry. The man is a genius.
St. Toxic

Post by St. Toxic »

Saw it. T'was pretty gute. Reckon I don't have much else to say about that, mhm.

PiP
Last, Best Hope of Humanity
Last, Best Hope of Humanity

Post by PiP »

hmm slingblade. I've been meaning to watch this for a few years now D;
rad resistance
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by rad resistance »

Slingblade, John Ritter's best film.
Cow Cud is a twin.
Aonaran
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Aonaran »

rad resistance wrote:Slingblade, John Ritter's best film.
Dwight Yoakam as well.
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

John Ritter's best film? Whats da matter, Problem Child 2 wasn't good enuff fer ya?!
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

I was always a fan of "Stay Tuned."
Our Host!