Fallout PnP

Role-play any post-apocalyptic scenario to your heart's content or discuss unofficial Fallout PnP games.
PsyckoSama
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Fallout PnP

Post by PsyckoSama »

I'm looking for a place to get the fallout PnP rules and the sorce books. I've been able to find the 2.0 rules but not the sorce books and the link on DAC is in polish or something and I can't make heads of tails of it.

Thanks
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/vault_city

join, then go to files>rules and such and the pnp rules should be there. source books may be there as well.

also, currently we're working on putting up an interactive fallout pnp wiki... thing. it was just started. see http://pnp.falloutvault.com/index.php?title=Main_Page if interested.
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
PsyckoSama
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by PsyckoSama »

atoga wrote:http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/vault_city

join, then go to files>rules and such and the pnp rules should be there. source books may be there as well.

also, currently we're working on putting up an interactive fallout pnp wiki... thing. it was just started. see http://pnp.falloutvault.com/index.php?title=Main_Page if interested.
Thanks a bunch. Need a hand with that Wiki?
Jesus Christ
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Jesus Christ »

I am sure you would be a welcome addition to the team. First you might want to read through this thread to get an idea of where we are.
I have returned! (again)
FIGHT ME!
PsyckoSama
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by PsyckoSama »

someone approve my request for membership already >_<
Jesus Christ
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Jesus Christ »

Do it Atoga.

Just reapply and tellem Jesus sent you :)
I have returned! (again)
FIGHT ME!
PiP
Last, Best Hope of Humanity
Last, Best Hope of Humanity

Post by PiP »

:returned_to_sender:
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

done. :kekekekeke:
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
PsyckoSama
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by PsyckoSama »

Jesus Christ wrote:Do it Atoga.

Just reapply and tellem Jesus sent you :)
Who's you buddy?
Jesus Christ
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Jesus Christ »

PsyckoSama wrote:Who's you buddy?
:?
I have returned! (again)
FIGHT ME!
thorg
SDF!
SDF!

Post by thorg »

Looking to aquire the fallout pnp files, have apped to the yahoo group, doesent seem to be active tho, any ideas on where i could get them ?
Jesus Christ
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Jesus Christ »

Talk to the noodle eater.
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

i'm too lazy to check apps to my group more than once a month

perhaps someone could upload the original rules to the download section here so everyone could have access to it?
chang
SDF!
SDF!

Post by chang »

thorg wrote:Looking to aquire the fallout pnp files, have apped to the yahoo group, doesent seem to be active tho, any ideas on where i could get them ?
try paforge or pamedia.com
Lucius
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Lucius »

There's a Fallout PNP Yahoo Group? I'm considering joining, but I've already got the several hundred pages of PDF goodness of a rulebook. Is there anything else available here to download? Still going to join to discuss it with a few people, but just wondering if there are any unofficial supplements/adventures. ;)
Carib
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Carib »

Yahoo Fallout PNP Vault City is a good source of the old PNP resources. Ever since Jason Mical went away and his old site closed, a lot of that data is lost, but I am sure someone has it all stored away.
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

I've been talking about it sparsely on Facebook but on the assumption that we're not all connected to the group there, I've been working on a completed version of Fallout PnP 3.0 from the abandoned WIP Jason Mical left some approximate five years ago.

The piecemeal chunks are a mess. Together, it's an approximate 180 pages with content that hadn't finished transitioning from Tactics-focused to FO3-focused before they started shifting it again towards a focus on New Vegas. There are constant typos and grammatical errors, content is half-baked or unfinished, and large chunks of the game are just fuckin' MISSING. Like, robots, for instance. I mean, I had to make all the different types of Deathclaw (including player characters), which is one thing, but I don't know how you get to version 3 of a series with plenty of robots and terminals, and manage to completely ignore that element. So, I added in entries for the usual robots, tried to balance it, added in mechanics for constructing and programming robots, the elements for hacking, and a system I call "Programming Score." I'm semi-impressed with it, but I'm going to need people to check my work before long.

I've gone to town on this thing, making enormous revisions, adding in perks and rebalancing them, and absurd quantities of other fixes, but the biggest thing that excites me is that after chatting with Catman about it, he was all too eager to throw down a little bit of funding towards the project. With his money, I'll be able to get the basics for play and a few of those Russian 28mm miniatures I mentioned previously. With that modest backing, we could get a working prototype going, be able to actively test mechanics and balancing, and give out the final product in PDF format for anyone interested in playing. I actually plan on hosting the current draft for highlights and edits by others.

Dogmeatlives has suggested that I change it up to a new IP for personal profit, but for me, this is all about homage and generating excitement for one of the most influential works of fiction in my life. I respect and cherish Fallout, and this labor of love towards both it and its community are my pleasure to push. As long as I can keep motivated by personal excitement and external input, this has more of a shot of growing beyond my mind than any of my other recent community projects.
Our Host!