fallout tabletop wiki?

Make dumb suggestions so we can ignore them. I'm lovin' it.

:raymondo:?

:M
76%
no
24%

Total votes: 17

atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

fallout tabletop wiki?

Post by atoga »

Given that GCG's Fallout d20 looks like poorly designed, poorly written buttfuck for the most part (though I have respect for the artists involved) I think it would be rather cool if us, the hardcore fallout fans in the trenches, got together & designed a Fallout tabletop of their own through the magic of the interweb.

The focus would initially be on rules & then people could move out & form additional content, settings, blahblahblah. I think it would be good to work with a simplified version of SPECIAL (sort of like in JE Sawyer's version).

I have a tonne of ideas & things written down from back in the day when I used to play fallout tabletop with my group, though they're unorganized and poorly written for the most part. I know a lot of other people (though most don't post on DAC) have additional propositions, rules, content etc. A wiki, therefore, is the ideal medium for developing both rules & setting, especially because I think all the contributors (except maybe Ausir?) would be too lazy to be in charge of anything.

I am also assuming that if the dude from GCG catches wind of this, he won't be able to sue Ausir's ass. Since the content we'd slop together would be free, there shouldn't be any legal issues. Am I rite guys?

(I imagine that if the ball got rolling on this one, the project would be pretty big & so there would be limitations in incorporating it into The Vault, so a separate wiki would be in order? I don't know a whole lot about the logistics of organizing a wiki though, so what I'm saying is purely speculative. It might turn out that tabletop rules could be easily integrated into The Vault & might even improve the content on it.

Also I'm not sure what the appropriate forum for this would be so I just posted the idea here - move this if it's appropriate to do so.)
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Frater Perdurabo »

A tabletop? What exactly is that, and how would it operate? If this gets going, post a list of things that need doing and I'll try my best to do at least a little bit.
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

Frater Perdurabo wrote:A tabletop? What exactly is that, and how would it operate? If this gets going, post a list of things that need doing and I'll try my best to do at least a little bit.
Tabletop, as in pencil&paper roleplaying game (the same thing Fallout d20 is trying to work towards). The main stuff involved would be: writing rules and chit for creating characters and the logistics of running games, and then fleshing out the setting so that it would be easy to write adventures and what for it.
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Eh, ok, I'm in, if other people join as well.
God
SDF!
SDF!

Post by God »

My son would also like to play. He'll be in the wasteland if you need him.
Ausir
The Vault Overseer
The Vault Overseer

Post by Ausir »

Actually, Jason Mical, the maker of the old Fallout PnP agreed to put his version in a wiki, so that all Fallout fans can improve it and work on the new version. I'll set it up as soon as I have time to do that.
ExtremeDrinker
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ExtremeDrinker »

I actually rather enjoyed Micals PnP. I'm sure I've got all the random files on some random disc. Wiki it soon.
Ausir
The Vault Overseer
The Vault Overseer

Post by Ausir »

I actually have an unfinished version of a third edition sent to me by Jason. All the FOT and Wasteland stuff has been removed, together with playable deathclaws, robots and dogs and the non-canon half-mutants.
Baby arm's evil twin
Respected
Respected

Post by Baby arm's evil twin »

Add it to tha wiki so we can get started.
:hug:
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

get that shit up yo!
Baby arm's evil twin
Respected
Respected

Post by Baby arm's evil twin »

atoga wrote:get that shit up yo!
:salute:
:hug:
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

atoga wrote:get that shit up yo!
Ausir
The Vault Overseer
The Vault Overseer

Post by Ausir »

I will, in a few days, when I have Internet access at home again.
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

excuses! stop throwing monkeys in da worx ausir and get dis shit rollin' yo!
Jesus Christ
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Jesus Christ »

This is taking way too long Ausir. Would you like to come post it from my house? My interweb is working fine.
I have returned! (again)
FIGHT ME!
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by King of Creation »

Jesus Christ wrote:Would you like to come post it from my house?
Wouldn't he have to be cleansed of all his sins and then die in order to do that?
<a href="http://www.duckandcover.cx">Duck and Cover: THE Site for all of your Fallout needs since 1998</a>
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

Off hand, I recall Juuuuusis mentioning a tangible holiday home in darkest Borneo.

There may be others. :drunk:
Ausir
The Vault Overseer
The Vault Overseer

Post by Ausir »

Jesus Christ wrote:This is taking way too long Ausir. Would you like to come post it from my house? My interweb is working fine.
I'll have Interweb access at home tomorrow, so I'll set up the wiki then.
Jesus Christ
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Jesus Christ »

Ben Sisko wrote:Wouldn't he have to <snip> die in order to do that?
Like I said. WAY TOO LONG!
I have returned! (again)
FIGHT ME!
Mr. Teatime
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Mr. Teatime »

Jesus Christ wrote:WAY TOO LONG!
I've heard that before.
Our Host!