Louisiana and Katrina: Post-apocalyptic?

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

ALl i knew was that a hurricane hit new orleans or something. I didn't think much of it because there is always storms down there. I guess its just showing everyone the type of people who live in New Orleans and this is their first epidemic.

Sounds pretty interesting.
ExtremeDrinker
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ExtremeDrinker »

I'm complaining for the sake of complaining. Sometimes I just like to type.
Redeye
I lied
I lied

Post by Redeye »

Hmmmm...

Herr-kunn Kuntreena/etc.
This is not a pure PA scenerio, more of a Pre-A scenerio.
It's fun to be a punk and joke about it, but I do wonder about various things of a humanitarian nature.
After 9-11, the various security agencies were accused of a "failure of imagination" in not anticipating/planning for various creative terrorist eventualities. A similar thing appears to have now happened in the area of civil defense.
What about all the PA/RPG geek-freaks?
What if they had acquired various degrees and certifications in accordance with their hobby-foci and then proceeded to "play the game" - as in getting jobs in civil administration/military/emergency services?
Lack of social acumen may have made it all for naught, yet still I wonder.

Morrow Project
Twilight 2000
Gamma World
Aftermath
Boomtown: Visions of Apocalypse
etc.

Combined with EMS cert., engineering degree, hazmat training, civil service posting.

Then what would/may have been?

Maybe nobody would have listened.

Ah, fuck it.

I just hope those congoids are all photographed/videotaped/disarmed when thay finally get on the buses. Blood samples, too. (For the rapin')
Then activate the special camps set aside for dissidents and use them as refugee camps. Sort the fuckers out. The ones that test positive can possibly be prosecuted under military law - if Martial Law was imposed in the area in which the alleged offence occured. This could result in some congoid-weeding.
As for firing on helis, if they are military, it would be really fucking funny if the bastards got classed as "enemy combatants". Their behavior is already possibly prosecutable under "street terrorism" statutes. Vs. military targets, perhaps an upgrade of charges would be legal.

The execution-circus would provide plenty of distraction for the gullible
American Sheeple.
That along with bread.

And Beer.
And jingoistic country-rock anthems.
"Shoot a Medevac Blackhawk, I'll put a boot in yer ass..."

There's an old punk song "Alternative Ulster".
Now there's an American Bangladesh.(Though on a lower scale.)

Might as well laugh about it I guess.
Ernesto
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Ernesto »

Mr_Newbie
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Mr_Newbie »

if i was in something like that, i'd loot a camera and loads of batteries, and document what was going on, so that my children etc would know what happened.

but then thats just my inner photojournalist talking..
vx trauma
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by vx trauma »

Unprepared dumb fucks need to loot. Risk drowning for beer? Oh man. Just grab your stash of drugs, backpack w dried food and bottlewater and your gun (no not your wiener). Head up for a roof. Barricade it. Sit down. Get high and loaded. Enjoy the show of social structure breakdown. Laugh your ass off.
Please Kill Yourself So I Can Rock
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

yeah lol, what the fuck are they doing? Everyone knows you need to take pics, get drunk, laugh at TARDS, chill out and be unaffected by it. I guess the true tough guys of the internet should unite and show new orleans what they're made of! Then go to africa and laugh at all the skinny kids :rofl: real life fallout

I went to new orleans in july probably, it's weird watching the news and some of the places I went are all flooded. Here's a pic I took when we were driving around the ghetto when we got lost

:chew:
vx trauma
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by vx trauma »

Wonder if they will dry and rebuild the city in time for next Mardi Grass?
PiP
Last, Best Hope of Humanity
Last, Best Hope of Humanity

Post by PiP »

well it all sounds pretty PA, the city is a mess (to say the least), floating bodies, gangs of looters/rapists/killers/whatever, people shooting rescue helicopters... it more or less evokes images from 'Escape from NY' in my mind.
vx trauma
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by vx trauma »

Soon the cannibals will emerge.
Aonaran
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Aonaran »

It sounds to me like the gangs are having a bit to much fun with this, the whole thing reminds me of Tupac's California love video. So maybe they are living out there own post apocalyptic fantasies? If they get too into it though I fear they will move 30 or so miles inland and secede from the union forming NNOR, New New Orleans Republic. Hopefully they'd have a kindly old woman like Ruby Dee playing Mother Sister in Do the Right Thing to be thier Tandi. Otherwise I fear for the worst.
Geno
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Geno »

Redeye is partly right, it's Post-Apocalyptic directly after the apocalypse. But that's not a point to debate...

This is just fucked up... After only a few days, people already fight each other and can't stay put until help arrives. Good ol' human nature. It's only on a pretty small scale compared to the rest of the world. People still want to establish their own order...

This is just shitty, no good in that. ExtremeRyno is right about the stupid things happening.
Mad Max RW
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Mad Max RW »

I'm watching Fox News right now and this reporter is walking around New Orleans. His exact words "It's like something out of Mad Max. Towers are on fire, people walking around with knives, trucks driving around with people pointing automatic rifles out the windows..." There's a lot of gunfire all over the fucking place.

God I wish I was there.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

I hear you can join some kind of government funded group where they pay you to go this desert and just kill other dudes with heavy weaponry and drive round in jeeps and shit. Perhaps you could join?
:chew:
Subhuman
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by Subhuman »

What is with all these apocalypse threads? Get a grip, people. You'll know it's the Apocalypse when Britney Spears becomes President of the United States. Until such time, shut the fuck up.
Koki
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Koki »

Holy shit, really? I'm missing all that. I thought it was just a simple tornado.

Hoo boy, where's the Wiki...
Serious Business.
vx trauma
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by vx trauma »

Yup. Good place (New Orleans) to hone your survival skills in a post-apoc enviroment. All that is lacking is fallout, radioactivity and mutants. Maybe some obese people could play the part of mutants if dyed green.
vendetta
Wanderer of the Wastes
Wanderer of the Wastes

Post by vendetta »

God I wish I was there.
Heck, so do I.
ApTyp
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ApTyp »

Are you aiming for Darwin's Award? Morons...

You do realize that there are murders, rapes, shootouts, and riots happening there as we speak? And you want to go there for a Fun Vacation? You'd be pulled off your car, robbed, stripped of your clean clothes, gang-raped, beaten, and shot.

Hmm... DO IT! :hyper:
Mandalorian FaLLouT GoD
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Mandalorian FaLLouT GoD »

ApTyp wrote:Are you aiming for Darwin's Award? Morons...

You do realize that there are murders, rapes, shootouts, and riots happening there as we speak? And you want to go there for a Fun Vacation? You'd be pulled off your car, robbed, stripped of your clean clothes, gang-raped, beaten, and shot.

Hmm... DO IT! :hyper:
Oh come on.
Like a bunch of black people can stop me from shooting who I want and looting.
Blargh wrote:While the way in which the stance is made could be done with at least a pretense of civility - being far more conducive to others actually paying attention than copious swearing - it just wouldn't be Mandy otherwise.
S4ur0n27 wrote:Dexter is getting MFG'ed for the first time D:
Koki wrote:He must be Mandallorian FaLLouT God'ded ASAP :salute:
Our Host!