New "Retarded Induhvidual" status

Make dumb suggestions so we can ignore them. I'm lovin' it.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

No way, making a bunch of people who barely went on the forums before admins is the best idea I've ever heard! It's even better when they decide what's best for everyone else, so they just do whatever they want. Yippikayay, motherfuckers!

It wouldn't be so bad if it was your own forum but it was around before you were. The admins were a bit more laid back and not as 'moddy'. They just let whatever happened happened. If they got to many pms about it, it was settled in pms or you'd get banned. None of this stupid asshat shit where you can just say you're sorry and it's forgotten.

Whatever mang.

I won't be your deputy, but I'll be an admin again :chew:
:chew:
Franz Schubert
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Franz Schubert »

Teatime, all I have to say to you is this: What the fuck, man?
fallout ranger
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by fallout ranger »

If 'tron gets admined, we're all fucked...
does this work
Franz Schubert
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Franz Schubert »

Heh. FR, you have no idea...
Mr. Teatime
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Mr. Teatime »

JJ86 doesn't seem to undestand that I have every right to de admin him. I run the site now, whether he or anyone else likes it or not. If that wasn't clear to him before, it should be clear to him now.

And when he decides to appoint a few people mods to screw up a forum, he's going to lose his admin status. End of story.
DarkUnderlord
Paragon
Paragon
Location: I've got a problem with my Goggomobil. Goggo-mobil. G-O-G-G-O. Yeah, 1954. Yeah, no not the Dart.

Post by DarkUnderlord »

Ozrat wrote:Who was JJ86 then? :confused2:
The real question is, who's that extra guy that comes down to the planet with the main cast just to die?

I'm well aware the new admin crew at DaC is exactly that, new. Hell, I'm an NMA veteran (with all that that entails) and only joined DaC after it left GameSpy. But let's take a look at what the previous Administrators did:
  • Almost ran the site into the ground (For example when they made Megatron a mod who abused the e-mail system and tubgirled every registered user);
  • Forgot to renew the duckandcover.net domain name;
  • Closed down the site (though it was a lovely picture);
  • A whole lot of other shit.
Let's face facts here, this place was under bad management. Killzig and Kreegle were great Admins, unfortunately they ran out of steam. Here's the real kicker though. JJ86 was given the opportunity to run the site, he declined. In fact, EVERY SINGLE ONE of the previous administrators had the opportunity to take over control of DaC. None of them stepped up. Not a single one.

Mr. Teatime wasn't the first choice for Saint but he was the first one who stepped up and the only one who's willing to pay cold hard cash to keep this place running (that's right kids, fixing the forum problems with a move to a new server is going to cost us). If you don't like that, you don't get to complain. Why? Because the other alternative was to keep DaC closed. Lucky for you there were a few people here who didn't wan't that.

There's been a lot of discussion on whether DaC should have Feelings Online or not. Well we do, so tough. If you don't like it, hey, don't post there. It's right down the bottom of the forum list so it's not too hard to ignore. Quite obviously though there are users here who would like the forum, so we have the forum. For those who disagree, we have the wasteland for you to play in.

DaC is under new management. We do things differently. Moderators or Administrators who attempt to run things into the ground get punished severley. As far as I'm aware, JJ86 mis-used his Admin powers and made some people Moderators so that they could kick Feelings Online. I don't mind comments made by users with malicious intent but I do object to Administrators doing it. You want to do shit like that on my watch, you can expect your account to be deleted. Be thankful this isn't my watch.

The Admin and Mod crew do do things by consensus. DaC is NOT a dictatorship in the true sense of the word but at the end of the day, the buck stops with Mr. Teatime. You'll remember the Feelings Online polls we had and there was a discussion amongst the Admins about whether Feelings Online should come back or not. You don't go against that decision after it's been discussed, just because you got out-voted. You sure as hell don't fuck with the forum.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Jimmyjay86

Post by Jimmyjay86 »

Was I wrong in assuming that FO was dead before CF had his way there? In the grand scheme of things was that such a horrible incident that required this level of retribution or was there some personal feelings involved, huh Teatime? Maybe because I had made fun of your crappy music in the past?

So who controls DAC? Is it Teatime or is it the community? Teatime isn't the community just because he "controls" the domain. If it's just the matter of a domain, anyone can set up and make a DAC Fallout site. The community is a lot of people who are regulars and have taken an active part in things around here for a long time. It's kind of funny when a newb waltzes around and acts like the KING. I think every regular to these forums can attest that I have been pretty fair in dealing with problems and have gone out of my way to help people. I even gave Fallout Ranger more than his fair number of chances at redeeming himself. I'd be willing to accept the results of a fair poll here as to who supports my reinstatement. Because after all it is the community who should decide who should be in charge.
jiujitsu
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by jiujitsu »

I know I haven't been very active on the forums, but I've been a DAC supporter for years and years. I say reinstate Jimmy! He's been here a long time.

Don't be such a NAZI! :sauron face:
I am Megatron alt #7.

#fallout (irc.gamesurge.net)
Sol Invictus
Wanderer of the Wastes
Wanderer of the Wastes

Post by Sol Invictus »

From what I understand (and I understand this very clearly, as I was privy to the foundation of the new DAC) Saint gave JJ86 an ample opportunity to step up to run the site, especially when JJ86 suggested that the site needed a new engine, to which JJ86 ruefully declined, stating that he was 'too busy' among a myriad of other excuses. Suffice to say, that even though JJ86 was the first choice (which indeed he was), Saint wasn't happy with this, and thus opened discussion to others running the site. A few names came up: DarkUnderlord, Mr Teatime and King of Creation.

Me? I wanted DAC absorbed. Less competition for the Codex.
Administrator

Circle of Eight - Hellgate: London Resource Center
www.co8.org
fallout ranger

Post by fallout ranger »

Exitium wrote:Me? I wanted DAC absorbed. Less competition for the Codex.
You are one self-centered bastard.
does this work
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

wow, competition :D

I don't really mind. I don't really use dac as a news source, just the forums. It sucked a bit when it was just the forums on the-vats.net, but that was a bit shit. The forums on nma are also a bit shit.

Teatime does a good job as a news guy and running the site, but he shouldn't try to run the community mabye.

I don't really mind, so long as I don't get banned over some little shit who's barely been here a week.
Mr. Teatime
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Mr. Teatime »

Any admin who hands out moderator ranks to people with the sole purpose of screwing up a forum that he happens not to like, should not be an admin. It's too much like killzig for my liking. Since JJ86 has shown no inclination that he wouldn't do this again if the whim took him, there wasn't really much to think about as far as I was concerned. Like DU said, there is new administration on DAC that are working to get the site running and working properly again.
Everyone had their chance to apply, and no one did. It's something that you're just going to have to deal with if you don't like me or any of the other new people administrating.
avenger69ie
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by avenger69ie »

i'll be chief o'brien coz i'm irish and stuff and yeah. no
Mr. Teatime
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Mr. Teatime »

Who wants to be Uhura?
DarkUnderlord
Paragon
Paragon
Location: I've got a problem with my Goggomobil. Goggo-mobil. G-O-G-G-O. Yeah, 1954. Yeah, no not the Dart.

Post by DarkUnderlord »

Jimmyjay86 wrote:Was I wrong in assuming that FO was dead before CF had his way there?
Yes.
Jimmyjay86 wrote:In the grand scheme of things was that such a horrible incident that required this level of retribution
Yes. You're talking about "the community this" and "the community that". Well, it was members of that community who wanted a Feelings Online. Unfortunately, some other members of the community didn't and they made it their job to attack it and everyone in it. That's where moderators and administrators come in.

Now we had this discussion in the Management forum and it was decided we'd have a Feelings Online. I don't recall seeing a discussion about getting rid of the forum. Perhaps you made a post somewhere that I missed?
Jimmyjay86 wrote:or was there some personal feelings involved, huh Teatime? Maybe because I had made fun of your crappy music in the past?
Well, I bagged his music too and he's yet to de-Admin me.
Jimmyjay86 wrote:So who controls DAC? Is it Teatime or is it the community?
Don't think of it as control, think of it as who's running it. We do respond to the community, hence having the forum in the first place. Hell, it's why we have The Wasteland. That's community response right there and that other forum about drugs and sex and things. That's us responding to the community because you're right, it IS the community that makes DaC tick.

Unfortunately, there are elements in the community that aren't in agreeance with each other. Hence we have conflict. Conflict that needs to be resolved or dealt with in an appropriate way. It's about learning to listen to the community and filter out the good from the bad. For example if a long-time respected user, along with a group of others who have never caused a problem, ask for a forum, well, we can give it to them.

... but if say, Megatron (for purely example purposes) asked for a forum and nobody supported him well, you don't.
Jimmyjay86 wrote:Teatime isn't the community just because he "controls" the domain.
Actually, I control the domain name.
Jimmyjay86 wrote:The community is a lot of people who are regulars and have taken an active part in things around here for a long time.
Yes, people like yourselves who weren't interested in "taking over". A web-site needs to be run. You can't let the things sit and just have empty "forums" because that was working just oh so well before. In fact, since the "New DaC" has come, our site visitors have almost returned to the levels of the Killzig/Kreegle days. They've been going up ever since we started getting some content back.

People originally came to DaC because of the content. You stop adding content, the site dies a slow, long and painful death. Someone needs to keep it running. Nobody from this apparently strong DaC community had the time, nor did they seem to care.
Jimmyjay86 wrote:It's kind of funny when a newb waltzes around and acts like the KING. I think every regular to these forums can attest that I have been pretty fair in dealing with problems and have gone out of my way to help people. I even gave Fallout Ranger more than his fair number of chances at redeeming himself.
Yes, you even *ahem* "accidentally" *ahem* deleted his account.
Jimmyjay86 wrote:I'd be willing to accept the results of a fair poll here as to who supports my reinstatement. Because after all it is the community who should decide who should be in charge.
... and so the community should pick someone who doesn't want the job, such as yourself? You don't want "to be in charge", you made that abundantly clear even though, as Rex says, you were given ample opportunity. Now all of a sudden, it's a problem?

I have a very strong opinion that the only people who should be administrators are those who can actually be bothered to "administrate". It's not a "Community Rank" you use to act cool and gain respekt, it's a job. It means there's shit you have to take your time to do.

What is it that you're really after here, is it the chance to help run the site or personal status? You haven't posted any news, you haven't added any new content, I'm not aware of you creating any forums or doing anything else other than deleting a user account and helping to run a forum into the ground.

Hell, you didn't even help out with these god-damned forum bugs.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Personally, I'm against JJ86's reinstatement.
ExtremeDrinker
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ExtremeDrinker »

Can I be Welshie?
Mr. Teatime
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Mr. Teatime »

DarkUnderlord wrote:
Jimmyjay86 wrote:or was there some personal feelings involved, huh Teatime? Maybe because I had made fun of your crappy music in the past?
Well, I bagged his music too and he's yet to de-Admin me.
Yeah, most people did. :sigh:
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

for those of you who haven't listened to teatimes music you can listen to a short piece of it here.
Mr. Teatime
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Mr. Teatime »

Yeah, that's one of my better tracks.
Our Host!