stupid fallout experiences............

Discuss the game that started it all, and its sequel. Technical questions and issues go into the Fallout Technical Support forum, not here.
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by requiem_for_a_starfury »

Kaaghan wrote:in fallout2 the bombs drop automatically after you use them
Stainless wrote:They do?
Franz Schubert wrote:They don't.
They do too. :)

If you've got a bomb in your active handslot and use it (with the inventory screen closed) then once you've set the timer it'll automatically drop to the ground.
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Kahgan
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by Kahgan »

not in fallout1
BRING BACK CENTERED DAC!

REGIN* FOR KING OF NORWAY!

http://forum.nwsgames.net/index.php
Alexander
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Alexander »

They didnt drop for me in either one of the games... I have FO1 uk version (without children), and FO2 US version (with children)... the bombs, assuming you mean c4 and dynomite, have never dropped to the ground after you arm them!
There are no 'knowns'. There are thing we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say there are things that we now know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know. So when we do the best we can and we pull all this information together, and we then say well that's basically what we see as the situation, that is really only the known knowns and the known unknowns. And each year, we discover a few more of those unknown unknowns.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

If you've got a bomb in your active handslot and use it (with the inventory screen closed) then once you've set the timer it'll automatically drop to the ground.

Credits: Req.
Alexander
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Alexander »

oh, but I always turned them on in the inventory, so I could plant it on someone, HA ! ... well that explains it...
There are no 'knowns'. There are thing we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say there are things that we now know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know. So when we do the best we can and we pull all this information together, and we then say well that's basically what we see as the situation, that is really only the known knowns and the known unknowns. And each year, we discover a few more of those unknown unknowns.
Kahgan
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by Kahgan »

I'm allmost certain that it didn't drop automaticly in fallout1
BRING BACK CENTERED DAC!

REGIN* FOR KING OF NORWAY!

http://forum.nwsgames.net/index.php
DAC
Regular
Regular

Post by DAC »

my worst mistake was starting the game going strait to new reno and getting the quest for sierra army base so i went there with leather amour
and taking absoloutly no notice of the rail gun turrets :censored:
Morrowind owns like aptyps mum because shes a whore
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Minigun.
J-Roc
SDF!
SDF!

Post by J-Roc »

The first time playing Fallout 1, hit f6 instead of f7 after being caught stealing from a police officer in the hub. :( Also, before that ruined my main slot, I couldn't figure out how to get down into the Glow. I was standing around the crater absolutely furious forever.

I couldn't recharge the car in fallout 2 for some time either and I couldn't figure out how to get into the Military Base.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

I just got done playing a game of Fallout where I agreed to help Sheriff Greene and his boys take down Decker. One of Decker's thugs shot me, then another punched me, the combination of the attacks leaving me with only one hitpoint. As my computer ally takes its turn, I'm thinking of those delicious Stimpaks in my inventory.

Then I get killed by a stray shot from one of the sheriff's deputies.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

I always did that quest on very low-level and it must've been the single-most challenging fight in the whole game :) That Decker's thug who's wearing black leather hits really, really hard and it's a pain in the ass to keep myself, my buddies, sheriff *and* his deputy alive (that's the way to get the best ending, iirc).
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

That Decker's thug who's wearing black leather hits really, really hard
Cain.

And I always set explosives in my inventory. probibly why I never knew they auto dropped in your active slot.
Twigman
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Twigman »

I made it all the way to the master once without saving. got everything I needed to talk him into destroying the cathedral himself. Ended up talking him into dipping me in the vats. :bang:
"Fallout is Brought to you by Team Fallout, Interplay Games, and the Letter Q."
Nerobob
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Nerobob »

Stupid Fallout experiences? Mot buying a copy of the damn game, giving back my friend's one, and now being unable to get one.

Fallout 2 wise, starting a huge street war encompassing bouncers, pimps, addicts, gangsters and myself was slightly stupid, fatal and bloody funny.

Also, Letting Marcus keep his minigun was stupid.
Smiley
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Smiley »

First of all I had no idea 'bout the function when looting bodies....

Secondly, had no idea about the explosives.

And the worst episode, maybe not the dumbest, was having only one savegame slot, made it all the way to the cathedral and had just about killed everything, when I decided to stop for some lunch.

I saved, went to desktop got lunch, and when I came back, my savegame was corrupted.

(This was the first time ever trying Fallout)

yes, all hail single savegames.... !

A dumb thing would be what I did in Fallout 2,
every time I got to New Reno, and went for the boxing championship, my game would chrash with 80% probability in every fight. Still tried every single time I got to that point in the game.
Testicular Pugilist
Fez
Strider of the Wastes
Strider of the Wastes

Post by Fez »

I knew about the arrows and the bomb dropping. I must be awesome.

The one "mistake" I can think of was getting fed up with the most annoying characters in the game, and deciding that for a laugh I would try to teach the kids a lesson by giving them a "tap" with my hammer. Damn thing nearly exploded. Turned out good in the end though as the bounty hunters came after me and spiced things up, and gave good loot. Now I kill all children on sight for the extra loot and fun. And in the game too.

I'm gunning for those pickpockets next. :evil_laugh:
Don't hate him because he's beautiful.

"Everyone's a girl when they're face down."
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

I lament the imposition of society upon such efficient methods of behavioural correction. They are narrow minded cretins. Isn't it obvious that children wouldn't be so irritating if they suffered the constant threat of being hit in the face with a sledge hammer ?

Who knows, with such a, or similar, provisions, they might even become tolerable. :drunk:
Phias
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by Phias »

The first time I played the original Fallout, I thought that by killing ian, he would drop his neat looking leather jacket. I ended up getting killed shortly after attacking Ian. This was an hour into my first game.

That's the stupidest one that comes to mind.
Endure. In enduring, grow strong.
Melchoir
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Melchoir »

The dumbest thing I have ever done in FO is: I were at the military base, 4th level, killed some robots, the alarm went off, went to the wats main computer sat off self destruct sequence in 300 seconds, got up the elevator...force field, wasn't good with my hands (Repair:20)...could not lower the force field, trapped inside....KABOOOM... :omfg: :omfg:
KAKE! COOKIES!
Subhuman
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by Subhuman »

My stupid Fallout experience? I just read the wiki and found out that the Vaults were actually a sociological experiment conducted by the freakin' Enclave. This is after I played both games. I just thought the Enclave were a bunch of armor-clad bad guys.
Our Host!