Chef Xbow's guide to Wasteland Cuisine.

Mapping & modding Fallout Tactics and reviewing maps thereof.
xbow
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by xbow »

Thanks flame

ya my weakness is the tiny gui default images..they are either too big, too bright or not alligned right (Hey that almost Rhymes). It makes you appreciate the skill of the 14 deg east hombres and hombrettas when you look at those tiny images. In time I might revise all of them and give them real N-S-E-W views rather than just one static view. thats why I saved alll the .act and raw files. I wish my dog hadn't chewed up my Caligari TS5 CD's those NorthSouth/East West in game images would be a snap with that program.
PaladinHeart
Strider
Strider

Post by PaladinHeart »

Cool, thanks for the sprites :)

Pig nuts :O lol

Im sure I'll find a good use for all of these. The tray will be especially good for restaurants/bars/etc..
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. " -John 3:16

Hopes. Dreams. You have to live these things. If not, they will remain prisoner within the confines of your mind for the rest of your life.
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

If its anything, the character picture with the french hat is pretty funny.
Harriers for the cup.
fallout ranger
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by fallout ranger »

Damn right wolfman.

I liked the sprites, I have full intention of putting them in my game, if I wasn't so lazy.
does this work
MurPHy
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by MurPHy »

ya my weakness is the tiny gui default images..they are either too big, too bright or not alligned right (Hey that almost Rhymes).
It's a slant rhyme. See? I do remember something from my senior year of High school!
xbow
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by xbow »

MurPHy
Yowzer 'slant rhyme' I didn't know it and i was a poet! For recognizing my vast and previously unknown, slant rhyming ability and for the many fine political commentaries you have shared with us, I offer you a .44 mag model 1894 Winchester sprite/entity/description. Just the thing to arm tribal trash with. OH! I'm sorry I meant just the thing to arm nobel savages with.
name_winchester = {1894 Winchester Carbine}
desc_winchester = {The Winchester Model 1894 is easy for rural gun makers to manufacture and repair and its still popular with Brahmin ranchers and tribals. It's light and easy to handle and most are chambered for the powerful .44 magnum pistol cartridge.}

Download Weapon zip
MurPHy
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by MurPHy »

Yowzer 'slant rhyme' I didn't know it and i was a poet! For recognizing my vast and previously unknown, slant rhyming ability and for the many fine political commentaries you have shared with us
*sniff* ......... *sniff*........

Do I smell sarcasm?

Thanks for the present mate. :hug: I'll add it to a few of FOT's tribals in the early missions, as well as some of the random encounters. :hug:
xbow
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by xbow »

MurPhy wrote:Do I smell sarcasm?
Hell no!! none intended! you da man!

EDIT: I am presently working on a host of shit guns and improvised weapons to arm the Wasteland hillbillies and tribals with.

bang stick (like a 12ga shark killing power head)

Zip guns of both the rifle and pistol breed.

poisoned xbow bolts

a smooth bore musket and black powder cartridges

a rifled musket and black powder cartridges

a blunderbuss

a poisoned cutlass

ya murphy you will chop your way through those clowns like scythe but watch out for the blunderbuss at close range OUCH!!!!!!
MurPHy
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by MurPHy »

Hell no!! none intended! you da man!
Why thankyou!
EDIT: I am presently working on a host of shit guns and improvised weapons to arm the Wasteland hillbillies and tribals with.

bang stick (like a 12ga shark killing power head)

Zip guns of both the rifle and pistol breed.

poisoned xbow bolts

a smooth bore musket and black powder cartridges

a rifled musket and black powder cartridges

a blunderbuss

a poisoned cutlass

ya murphy you will chop your way through those clowns like scythe but watch out for the blunderbuss at close range OUCH!!!!!!
With the zip guns, maybe you should add a chance that they will explode (and harm the user) every time they are fired. Something like 10% should do it. This would work, since zip guns are known for their dangerous aspects.

I like your ideas with the blackpowder firearms. They would be very useful to tribals and some raiders.
PaladinHeart
Strider
Strider

Post by PaladinHeart »

MurPHy wrote:With the zip guns, maybe you should add a chance that they will explode (and harm the user) every time they are fired. Something like 10% should do it. This would work, since zip guns are known for their dangerous aspects.
You could have it do like the rocket launcher, I guess, but the gun would still be there. Just not much point to it if you ask me.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. " -John 3:16

Hopes. Dreams. You have to live these things. If not, they will remain prisoner within the confines of your mind for the rest of your life.
fallout ranger

Post by fallout ranger »

Destroy on use option maybe? Along with the destroy user option may produce similar effects, if you could make it happen at random.
does this work
MurPHy
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by MurPHy »

Meh. It was an idea. Not necessarily a good one.
fallout ranger

Post by fallout ranger »

no, it WAS a good one, just may be hard to implement
does this work
M92FS
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by M92FS »

xbow wrote:MurPHy
Yowzer 'slant rhyme' I didn't know it and i was a poet! For recognizing my vast and previously unknown, slant rhyming ability and for the many fine political commentaries you have shared with us, I offer you a .44 mag model 1894 Winchester sprite/entity/description. Just the thing to arm tribal trash with. OH! I'm sorry I meant just the thing to arm nobel savages with.
desc_winchester = {The Winchester Model 1894 is easy for rural gun makers to manufacture and repair and its still popular with Brahmin ranchers and tribals. It's light and easy to handle and most are chambered for the powerful .44 magnum pistol cartridge.}

thks for the lever action rifle. : )
It's about *beep*in' time some backup got here! Quote by Paladin Solo. ( FOT )

You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? Then who the hell else are you talkin' to? You talkin' to me? Well, I'm the only one here. Who do the fuck do you think you're talking to? Oh, yeah? Ok.

http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/dload. ... ile_id=762
xbow
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by xbow »

you are welcome M92FS glad to be of service.
M92FS
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by M92FS »

Download Weapon zip[/quote]

hi xbow ,

something's wrong with the file , it got no file type and can't be open with bossee or redviewer , can u pls check it out. : )

You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? Then who the hell else are you talkin' to? You talkin' to me? Well, I'm the only one here. Who do the fuck do you think you're talking to? Oh, yeah? Ok.

xbow
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by xbow »

Hmmm I just downloaded it from that link and it opens fine in both spray and RedView..i dont know what to tell you. has anyone else had a problem with the sprite?
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by requiem_for_a_starfury »

Just downloaded it, works fine for me.

M92FS do you have hide known extensions ticked in your folder options by any chance? And are you trying to open the files from explorer rather than by opening up redviewer or BoSEE first?
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
M92FS
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by M92FS »

hi xbow / requiem ,

my winzip has expired, does it has anything to do with winzip ?

so far i downloaded 3 times already, and it's not zipped.

M92FS do you have hide known extensions ticked in your folder options by any chance? And are you trying to open the files from explorer rather than by opening up redviewer or BoSEE first?

requiem ,
I reinstall winzip n winzip is working fine.
tried both ways , doesn't work. i really dun know what's wrong ??? hide known extensions has been unticked in my folder options already. what's weird is that when i right click on the file , the file type is : file.

requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by requiem_for_a_starfury »

All the of Xbow's great sprites I've downloaded have been zipped, perhaps when you are downloading them you've not included the .zip extension some how?
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Our Host!