I am a dirty rotten cheater

Discuss the game that started it all, and its sequel. Technical questions and issues go into the Fallout Technical Support forum, not here.
phycocious
SDF!
SDF!

I am a dirty rotten cheater

Post by phycocious »

Well I re-installed Fallout 2 after quite a long time. The first time I played it I never managed to beat it because some other things came up. I started a new character and then went down to SF, got the Advanced Power Armor then went back to playing through the game and the fun was just taken right out of it.

Pretty much I'm wanting suggestions for a new character template that's able to go through the game at a normal pace without "cheating" (going to far away places for engame gear at the beginning). If possible I'd like a "sniper" character. One that uses long range targeted shots and tries to focus on criticals. I am also up for suggestnions on other types of characters. Thank you

Post by Guest »

A carachter that works well with melee weapons is fun too. Or you might try one that has a really high sneak skill.
zetabobster
SDF!
SDF!

Post by zetabobster »

Not only that but a UA charecter is funner, and funnier than shit

Kill those advanded PA guys with one kick to the eyes :joy:
May my wang be long and prosper
Mertek
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Mertek »

Per Jorner's Fallout 2 guide http://user.tninet.se/~jyg699a/fallout2.html is probably your best resource for character ideas. Personally, on my most recent runthrough, I played a character with a stat layout of something like:

S-5
P-9
E-2
C-2
I-9
A-10
L-10

Tagged small guns, lockpick, and speech. I raised SG up to 200 and the others to around 150 by the end of the game, along with repair and science at 110 or so.

With fast shot and gifted, aiming for the sniper perk at the end of the game, I did about 90% of the quests available. What pissed me off was that even by doing 90% of the quests, I only used the sniper perk for about 5% of the game, from clearing out the hubologists and shooting Horrigan at the end, alongside the turrets and that squad. The only problem I see that you might have is that this character can't use targetted shots, however you don't need them when you've got sniper. Plug 5 enclave troops in one round with your gauss pistol or .223 pistol and kill most of them. :D
boywoos
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by boywoos »

Try playing a an idiot. The dialogue choices are always fun.
Janus Matchell
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

yup

Post by Janus Matchell »

boywoos wrote:Try playing a an idiot. The dialogue choices are always fun.
I can vouch for playing idiot character its so fun when shit hits the fan because by then I am sooo fucked. My favorite part of playing stupid charcters is talking to Torr when you reach Klammath. ROFL!!! :lol:
Ignore my warnings and pay no heed then your live will be ended shortly indeed!
FrankHarrigan
The Unlucky SDF!
The Unlucky SDF!

Post by FrankHarrigan »

Yeah, pretty damn funny. Talking with Angela Bishop it's funny, too.
try using an unarmed cha, a diplomatic or a cheat cha. (you know, go NMA, download the edited character, all 10 and 300...cool)
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by requiem_for_a_starfury »

I think frankie boy deserves the post digger of the year award (a nice custom title and avatar), I don't believe I've seen so many posts dug in so short a period of time before.
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
FrankHarrigan
The Unlucky SDF!
The Unlucky SDF!

Post by FrankHarrigan »

Well, thanx. I'm one of those inpacients that send millions of post and stay expecting someone answer them
gorefistdoombringer
The Unlucky SDF!
The Unlucky SDF!

Post by gorefistdoombringer »

ha! cheater my ass, your just inpatient, yea i fucked that word up, anyhoo, i have almost evry hack , and editor that has ever came out for fallout, fallout 2, and tactics, i am a big ol' cheater,
but its great, BECAUS IT MAKES YOU FEEL LIKE GOD!, wow, look at my ego expand!
STANDING TALL AMONG THE ASHES
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

This thread is half a year old.
off topic? OMG YOU'VE BEEN CENSORED... yet you're still posting. MYSTARY!!!!

Duck and Cover: THE site for all your Fallout needs
Do'An
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Do'An »

yeah stop fucking around with that thing *snatches GECK off you and sells it on eBay*
"Wish I had a limit break." Cassidy, FO2
Our Host!