Non-Advancing Opponents

Mapping & modding Fallout Tactics and reviewing maps thereof.
PaladinHeart
Strider
Strider

Non-Advancing Opponents

Post by PaladinHeart »

I think someone previously pointed out the reason why enemies will just stand there (and not advance/attack). Why was this? Sorry, but I can't remember which post it was in.

Im also having trouble with some entities seeing the player, and changing their text to the hostile version I implemented for after they see the player.. But I guess that's my problem for having them say stuff like "Stand still so I can hit you!". It wouldn't be so bad, but they're just standing there, not doing anything, even though the triggers that have been set up acknowledge that the enemy can see the player.

I just need to change the lines I guess, to something along the lines of, "I know they're around here somewhere..."
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. " -John 3:16

Hopes. Dreams. You have to live these things. If not, they will remain prisoner within the confines of your mind for the rest of your life.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

Set their "player move state" to ten and their "kill player X" state to 10. That'll get 'em moving. Also make sure your triggers are referencing the correct teams/players, and that your enenmy's controller is "computer" and not "disabled".

This might seem pretty simple, but that's all I got.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
quietfanatic
Respected
Respected

Post by quietfanatic »

In the team alignment matrix field, if they hate you at -10 and you hate them at -10, then you will attack each other. Don't bother with the other triggers, it is too complicated.
Forgive my ignorance master.
DIE...die weak fool (cue Bozar death)
Our Host!