GREAT NEWS ABOUT FALLOUT 3! APRIL FOOL'S!!

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
Killzig
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

GREAT NEWS ABOUT FALLOUT 3! APRIL FOOL'S!!

Post by Killzig »

<strong>[Company -> Update]</strong>

According to this press release I was just e-mailed, <a href="http://www.microsoft.com" target=_blank>Microsoft</a> has hammered out a deal to purchase Interplay. The press release also details some stuff about the flagship title for this rejuvenated Microsoft Games Studio. <em>
<br><blockquote>REDMOND, WA and IRVINE, Calif., Apr. 2 /PRNewswire/ -- Microsoft Corp and Interplay Entertainment Corp. announced today that they have reached an agreement that will grant Microsoft Corp. full ownership of the company as of August 2004. Accordingly, Microsoft Corp. will distribute Interplay's current and future titles. Microsoft Corp. will also gain exclusive distribution rights for all past Interplay titles.
<br>
<br>"Our agreement with Interplay will be a mutually beneficial and valuable partnership for both parties for years to come," said Kevin Browne, Division Manager for Microsoft Games Studios. "We are pleased to have come to an understanding with Interplay and look forward to the upcoming launch of Fallout 3: The Master's Revenge."
<br>
<br>"We see it as a way to give the fans a product they've been asking for," said Herve Caen, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Interplay. "This will be an ideal fit for Interplay's needs going forward, particularly based on our recent releases we just felt that the company was going downhill."
<br>
<br>Slated to take the helm on the project is the highly acclaimed Troika Games, LLC. "We felt it would be best to have the original creators involved in the making of the game." said Browne. "When I pitched the idea to them they were ecstatic at the opportunity to get back into the Fallout world."
<br>
<br>"We're certainly prepared for this," said Tim Cain, Design Director at Troika Games, LLC. "and the fans have been clamoring for it. I think it'll be a great opportunity for us to really break into the mainstream and revive a slumping genre. I'd hate to see role-playing games go the route of all those great old adventure games."
<br>
<br>Fallout 3: The Master's Revenge will be a third-person role-playing adventure game based on the highly acclaimed and successful Fallout PC franchise. The title is scheduled to debut on PC Windows®-based systems and the Xbox® video game system from Microsoft. The ship date will be announced shortly. </blockquote></em>
<br>Well, this is certainly great news! We here at DAC would like to welcome our new corporate overlords. Heil. Thanks to <b>The Bearded Man In A Paper Bag</b> for e-mailing this to me.
<br>
<br><b>Yes, this was an April Fool's joke. Yes, you're a fucking idiot if you believed it. No, Tim Cain did not send me any press releases, just lots of love <3 .. </b>
Last edited by Killzig on Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

WHOA COOL ^-^ :d :dD :D :d)_-

ttfn: whose ur av zillkig ;)
Last edited by Megatron on Thu Apr 01, 2004 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:chew:
Grimnar
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Grimnar »

hehe April fool !

:) nice one ... and thanks for making me spit coffee all over the keyboard
"We have OH SHIT I HEAR THE ICE CREAM TRUCK!!!!!111!1111oneone-scorpions" -Chucky Cuevas
Killzig
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Killzig »

those are my wife's legs.
The answer to your first question is shaddup.
T-900
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by T-900 »

*blinks slowly at the sunlight through a gap in the curtains* It's april already? ><
Jimmyjay86
Hero of the Glowing Lands
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Jimmyjay86 »

Is Fallout 3 going to come bundled with Windows?
Sir_Cae
SDF!
SDF!

that's mean...

Post by Sir_Cae »

Good job at April fools...or whatever...I actually believed you...*sigh* guess I haven't really been here long enough to know the difference...
"I'm not actively lazy...wait a minute..."
Serbaside
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Serbaside »

I wouldn't be suprised from anything less from thos monopolizing bastards. They alreasy have cornered the OS market, most of the network market. When they released the Gay-Box I knew the gaming industry would be next to fall in satans hands.
lexx
SDF!
SDF!

Post by lexx »

That just isn't funny... already had enough of a bad day.
Franz Schubert
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Re: that's mean...

Post by Franz Schubert »

Sir_Cae wrote:Good job at April fools...or whatever...I actually believed you...*sigh* guess I haven't really been here long enough to know the difference...
I'm lovin' your avatar. You obviously have great taste in games.
Grimnar
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Grimnar »

Franz_Schubert wrote:
Sir_Cae wrote:Good job at April fools...or whatever...I actually believed you...*sigh* guess I haven't really been here long enough to know the difference...

And you have a Rodney Matthews avatar, right? Ive seen it on an album-cover somewhere, im sure of it
"We have OH SHIT I HEAR THE ICE CREAM TRUCK!!!!!111!1111oneone-scorpions" -Chucky Cuevas
Yabrodan
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Yabrodan »

You evil bastard for a moment I felt all ways going to be right in the world but then I rembered what day it ways.
The more laws and order are made prominent,
The more thieves and robbers there will be.
Lao-tzu, The Way of Lao-tzu
hvkasteren
SDF!
SDF!

Post by hvkasteren »

Nice one. I actually believed it for about 10 seconds. Then i was typing it in a chat window, and the current date came to mind :P.
Without evil there would be no good, so it must be good to be evil sometimes!
Strap
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Strap »

You sick Fuck.
Forty-six & Two
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Forty-six & Two »

Oh, crap. I did think that capped headline looked a little fishy and over enthusiastic. I was so happy there.. for a few seconds... damn.

Now I just hope we careen of into a altered timeline, where all the april fools come true and henceforth change the world! :joy:

Wishfull thinking.
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

It was good. You totally had me until I realized that it was April 1. Now I want to go cry.
off topic? OMG YOU'VE BEEN CENSORED... yet you're still posting. MYSTARY!!!!

Duck and Cover: THE site for all your Fallout needs
Carib
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Carib »

I think the April fools day thing was joke, but no, it is true... All ye unbelievers and heretics... Of course, if this is a joke, I will fly out from the Caribbean and firebomb the sick son of a bitches home and and his families homes...

So, this isn't a joke, right?

I know it is April fools, but no one would be sick enough to make a crack like that, right!?
Sir_Cae
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Sir_Cae »

Franz_Schubert wrote:

Thanks. It took me the better part of 1 month of internet research (mostly not doing it) and then finally sitting down for 3-8 hours of search time until I found this particular pic.

On another note, I loosely search microsoft.com for this press release and couldn't find it so either Zig is messin with us or kamoto dragons can fly and mutate...
Sir_Cae
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Sir_Cae »

Grimnar wrote:
Franz_Schubert wrote:

And you have a Rodney Matthews avatar, right? Ive seen it on an album-cover somewhere, im sure of it
I'm sorry but I have no idea who Rodney Matthews is...this avatar pic is from the game Heros Of Might And Magic 2.
Outlander_
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Outlander_ »

This BETTER NOT be a joke! Even though it says april 2nd.

Could'nt ya have done something like NMA is doing this year? I thought the world was about to be a better place :hahano:

Oh, yeah... Hello!
Our Host!