Vics "Problem"

Discuss the game that started it all, and its sequel. Technical questions and issues go into the Fallout Technical Support forum, not here.
Tc63
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Vics "Problem"

Post by Tc63 »

I am about 3/4 of the way through the game, and a while ago Vic stopped talking to me properly, al he says is "Ive had it up to here!" and nothing more, no combat control screen, no 'leave me alone' speech, so he keeps following me. Origianally tjis wasnt a proplem, but ive just found some power armour for him, am about to attack navarro, and cannot get him to wear it, any help?
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

It's a bug. Happened to me with Marcus once. He just stopped talking at all, some random phrases every once in a while, but nothing else. I could not engange in dialogue with him so he became pretty useless pretty soon.

The only remedy I know for this problem, is to reload a saved game where everything works just fine and start playing from that point onward.
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

I think you pissed him off. Who else is in your party?
off topic? OMG YOU'VE BEEN CENSORED... yet you're still posting. MYSTARY!!!!

Duck and Cover: THE site for all your Fallout needs
Tc63
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Tc63 »

Vic, Marcus, Goris, Cassidy and Sulik. I havn't done anything 'nasty' to him or his daughter, and have tried to dump everyone else in my team, but still no luck. I can't reload it as I only realised he was no longer talking to me after I had saved a couple of times. He doesn't even say the random phrases anymore, just the floating speech as described in the other post. He still follows me and all, but i cant tell him to use new armour etc, or get him to use his repair skill.

No big deal anyway, if he gets cut to pieces by the Enclave its his own damn fault!
CloudNineGT
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by CloudNineGT »

Shoot the bastard yourself, I never liked Vic anyway.
ExtremeDrinker
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ExtremeDrinker »

Without Vic, can you get the tool kit from his daughter?
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Yes you can. But you'll be missing a one hell of a sniper.
Strap
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Strap »

I found that he's only really useful if you get him to level up at least two out of three times, otherwise it takes to long for him to get good...

And as for losing Vic's talents when he kills him... It wont matter anyway because he can't get him to actually use a new weapon or armor.
Canis Lupus
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Canis Lupus »

CloudNineGT wrote:Shoot the bastard yourself, I never liked Vic anyway.
There's no fun in that.

Fun Ways to Hurt Vic
1. Save your game during combat.
2. Take him to the Derrick.
3. Take him. :pelvic_thrust:
4. 'Push function' him into a force field.
5. Needler his dong.
6. Shout him a fuck at the Cat's Paw.
7. Kick him in the Pipe Rifle.
8. Make him run from one side of Reno to the other.
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

I could be completly wrong but I think this comes about if someone gets knocked over during combat and you go to a different screen. I think that's how it happened with me and Marcus.
Insane-Lark
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Insane-Lark »

Good call stainless. It also happens if you accidently touch the downed character (it accesses their inventory) & the NPC won't talk to you again other than expressing their anger & frustration. My suggestion is to shoot him now before he attacks the party.
"I think you could beat IPLAY up for lunch money and still come up short." -Interrupt
SDMVersion3
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by SDMVersion3 »

I once had Cassidy get pissed at me, and when I said "Fine then, leave the party", he up and attacked me!

Two guys in power armor shooting automatic weapons at each other... not pretty... eventually he ran out of stimpacks but not before he chewed through 35+ of mine, and a couple supers.

Thankfully, I have a tendency to save to the same slot over and over and days apart, so I just went back and redid the Temple of Trials... again... *sigh*
Error! I suck balls.
Duck and Cover doesn't... always.
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

After a few poor encounters, misjudgements, and bad calls I learned to try to run only 1 to 3 games at a time and have multiple saves. However, I have this freak tendance to save in HUGE blocks. If you look at my save times I'll do like six inside ten minutes, then none for four hours, then five in half an hour and none foro another few hours.

Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

jetbaby wrote:After a few poor encounters, misjudgements, and bad calls I learned to try to run only 1 to 3 games at a time and have multiple saves. However, I have this freak tendance to save in HUGE blocks. If you look at my save times I'll do like six inside ten minutes, then none for four hours, then five in half an hour and none foro another few hours.
I do the same thing Jetbaby. Incidently the way to avoid worrying about too many save games is to just store the save games in another folder and replace them when ever you want to play another game.
Strap
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Strap »

The main reason that I save often (using quicksave constantly and full saves about every 10 of those) is for that exact reason... I wouldn't want some stupid glitch/bug messing up my whole game. Plus it reallys sucks when "Falloutw.exe" or "Fallout2.exe" has a critical error and needs to be shut down... lame.
Canis Lupus
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Canis Lupus »

Strap wrote:Plus it reallys sucks when "Falloutw.exe" or "Fallout2.exe" has a critical error and needs to be shut down... lame.
On my mate's comp, Fallout will get a kernel32 error every time the explosives he plants on someone go off.
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

WHAT?! NOOOOO! Planting bombs on drunk people is half of the fun!

Strap
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Strap »

Planting bombs and leaving the map always causes problems. Planting bombs (on people or whatever) and waiting for them to explode doesn't mess up your game (I don't know about your situation though).

I always loved assassinating Carlson in the NCR by planting explosives on his kid and sending him in to see his daddy.
Tc63
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Tc63 »

Well, Vics still around, just kicking ass in the Oil Rig, and he hasn't died yet! Your right, he got knocked over once, then i think i used some stairs, then searched his inventory whilst he was knocked out. Ive done the same thing to sulik before, but he didnt do it.
DAC
Regular
Regular

Post by DAC »

VIC SUCKS BALLS ANYWAY
Morrowind owns like aptyps mum because shes a whore
Our Host!