Hummer Help!

Like Tactics? Found a cool mod for another game that reminds you of Fallout? Playing those crappy spin-off console games called "Fallout"? Discuss here.
DOOM Marine
SDF!
SDF!

Hummer Help!

Post by DOOM Marine »

I'm on the 4th mission, Macomb, where you have to keep that damn humvee safe. BUT, i got it stuck somehow? I'm near the minefield, i drove on the sidewalk to be safe, I saved, re-loaded, now it wont move AT ALL! On top of that, i saved on my only file!

I once got a flat tire, how do i fix it? And does that mean it can't move at all? Maybe it has a flat on the other side where i cant see it.[/img]
"Ain't got time to bleed!"- Jesse Ventura in Predator
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

vechiles can't get flat tires. Try holding shift while moving the hummer to get it unstuck, that may help. Otherwise you could be royally screwwed. On the plus side you're only on the 4th mission ;)
OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Post by OnTheBounce »

Stainless wrote:vechiles can't get flat tires.
I think he's referring to the immobilized state when a vehicle is badly damaged.

If that's the case, all you have to do to get the vehicle repaired is to use the Repair skill while having a Tool Kit or Super Tool Kit in one of that character's Active Item slots. Successful use of the skill will make the vehicle mobile again, assuming that you get its HP above whatever the threshold is for that state. (IIRC it's 25% of the total HP.)

Stainless is right that you might very well be screwed. Sometimes when the game is loaded it screws up on the location of entities and they can become trapped in a wall or other tile. Bad news. This is why you should have at least two saved game slots, saving once at the beginning of the mission, then using the Quick Save for your in-mission progress. It's also wise to have a saved game from just before you leave the bunker, that way you can change out personell or get appropriate equipment if necessary.

Cheers,

OTB
"On the bounce, you apes! Do you wanna live forever?!"
DOOM Marine
SDF!
SDF!

Post by DOOM Marine »

YOUR KIDDING! Damn. I am stuck in a wall!
"Ain't got time to bleed!"- Jesse Ventura in Predator
Ridderke
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Ridderke »

after the macomb mission when i arrived in the bunker my main char + farsight suddenly fell to the ground since they spawned under the hummer that was also standing in the bunker entrance hall
luckily i had a backup save

after i got back to the bunker with my backup save my chars spawned decently this time but my pilot cant enter the hummer again
its just standing there with its engine on but i cant use it

is that normal or bugged?
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

If someone gets run over by the vechile when it spawns at the bunker, you should be able to reverse the car away from them.

No idea on why your character isn't getting into the car though. HOwever the engine can be turned off by simply putting someone in there, then getting them back out.
Our Host!