A new Fallout end-game patch

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
Kreegle
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

A new Fallout end-game patch

Post by Kreegle »

<strong>[Game -> Mod News (DO NOT USE - use MOD > UPDATE instead)]</strong>

Corpse dropped me a line to let me know that there's a new version of the Fallout End Game patch available. I've got absolutely no idea what it does (perhaps something pertaining the the end of the game?), but I'm sure it does it well!
<br>
<br>You can download it <a href="http://www.freewebs.com/herrleiche/mods ... .zip">from here</a>. Cheers Corpse!
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

As far as I know, it allows you to play after confronting/killing the Overseer, pretty much like Fallout 2 did.
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

How about a patch that gives better endings? (ie. with Followers of the Apocalypse / The Hub) -- does such a patch exist?
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
Nicolai
ASSHAT
ASSHAT

Post by Nicolai »

Hm, will the overseers death have any effect on the fo-world?
If not, there's no point in the patch, you can just refrain from ending the game instead and wander around and do stuff :arrow:
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

Yeah but you get... ONE FREE LEVEL! I think.
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Uh... I think there's a time limit in completing the main quest, no? This thingy is supposed to allow infinite (or does it have the 13 year limit?) gameplay after the game is complete.

And I don't think much changes... nothing changed after you completed FO2 and THAT was made by the developers :)
Corpse
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Corpse »

Basically it just gives you the option to keep playing after completing the main quests like Kashluk said; this means that you can finish the game early then keep playing for the rest of the game time limit like in Fallout 2.

As for the best endings for the Hub and the Followers, I really couldn't tell you if finishing early has any impact on their endings; I have tested finishing the game before having anything to do with either so I didn't get any of their endings, good or bad.

PS. If you choose to keep playing you also get a bonus 10,000Xp.
Nicolai
ASSHAT
ASSHAT

Post by Nicolai »

oh, neato
Our Host!