Why does this forum exist?

Like Tactics? Found a cool mod for another game that reminds you of Fallout? Playing those crappy spin-off console games called "Fallout"? Discuss here.
T51b
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Why does this forum exist?

Post by T51b »

Why do you guys have this waste of webspace?

All ideas for a Fallout Online Game are instantly shot down, ridiculed, and nuked into oblivion; why even waste space on this forum?

Is it here to like, lure the L337 d00ds to post here so you can identify them, or something?

Anyways, this isn't about a true MMORPG, but is there any Fallout MUSH or MUD's out there? I'm talking about a roleplay enforced world where L337 d00ds aren't running around killing everything and everybody and complaining because roleplayers are lame and homsexual...
Ozrat
Banned Bitch
Banned Bitch

Post by Ozrat »

The answer lies nearby...
Clicky clicky
ExtremeDrinker wrote:Why is this forum here, anyway? Haven't we established that FOOL is a stupid, shitty idea? Or is this just an open forum for flaming people who think it's a good idea?
Rosh wrote:It's like an electric bug zapper.

Instead of bugs, you have morons to zap.

:)
Personally, I think it's a good idea to have this forum. Without it, there would be no debates between the wise and the foolish. Without the discouces, the foolish would keep on being ignorant without having any way of testing their theories. Within this forum, we are able to quarantine any foolish arguments, disprove them effectively, and allow the foolish posters to swing punches like a sissy girl. Now they can't say that they didn't get a chance to argue their side, and now we can prove that no matter how much logic we provide to them they are still ignorant little newbs.

Is that clear and concise enough for you?
ExtremeRyno wrote:I don't really represent the views that I've written here in this thread... I just like to type.
Slave_Master
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Slave_Master »

All ideas for a Fallout Online Game are instantly shot down, ridiculed, and nuked into oblivion; why even waste space on this forum?
A better question is, why not? If this forum didn't exist, then mental retards would be posting their TOTALLY KEWL 2 DAH MAX Fallout Online ideas in general discussion, Fallout, etc. This forum is a bright lantern, the purpose of which to attract the moths of FOOL.

Not to mention that it is rather fun to shoot down, ridicule, and nuke into oblivion most of the ideas pro-FOOL morons post here.
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

Well, it's been discussed. Mostly it's a pretty bad idea, but we do recieve the occasional bit of insight around here. Plus, why the fuck not? This forum doesn't even get that much attention anyway. If you have something legitimate to say, then say it; if you don't, well, then don't complain.
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
T51b
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by T51b »

I guess I can't argue with Slave_Master... the "why not" argument can nearly always counter a "Why?" question.

As for the legitimacy of the post, it was just a question, no need for hostilities, I wasn't complaining. Just a little curiosity, is all.

Anyways the real question was is there any online Fallout roleplaying groups, or MUSH, MUDS, ect, ect, ect?

I'm more interested in real-time roleplaying but roleplaying on threads is also fun, too.
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

Okay, whatever, no big dealio. As for your question, yes, there are plenty of Fallout online roleplaying groups. Why there's a roleplaying forum right here run by me.
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
Spazmo
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by Spazmo »

Yeah, RUN INTO THE GROUND!
How appropriate. You fight like a cow.

RPG Codex
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

Ssh... I'm hunting wabbits..
Rosh
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by Rosh »

Roleplaying isn't a problem, and I do admire that some do go that route since there are social rules governing that, and they can generally kind of "explore" the setting like most fanfics. Like with most fanfics, I see a startling amount of consistency of detail kept to the Fallout setting, versus the simps who post moronic ideas in the Fo3 or FOOL fora. The simple reason for that is because most fanfic writers do bother to read and research the material and the RPers generally act on a micro scale, betwixt a few characters.

A MMORPG for a real post-apocalyptic setting usually just fails on all sorts of matters, from mechanics to player dynamics in the environment. The usual sort who post about this topic are those who have little experience with ANY game design at all, might have played a few games or a MMORPG, and think that anything is possible. They don't take into account mechanics or the setting, then post some idiocy and get defensive when their brain droppings are debunked, often using "with the right technology" or "you don't have an open mind" as some kind of stupid defense.

It has also been hit right on the head that this forum is to keep this bullshit out of the other fora. It got so bad at NMA that we've had to bar the subject, pointing to the archived fora instead. Irony is to a new height when the moron that posted about TB combat in a MMORPG sounded much like the "TB combat in MMORPGs" morons in this thread (along with a lot more astounding idiocy on other aspects), especially this FOOL.
Obsidian:
Now working on Fallout: New Undermountain!

They promise to spend only a year on this title - only a year less than the original Descent to Undermountain!
bloodbathmaster2
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by bloodbathmaster2 »

I just realized that I'm a FoOL mod. Why the hell am I a FoOL mod? I don't even like MMORPGs!
One day...
Slave_Master
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Slave_Master »

bloodbathmaster2 wrote:I just realized that I'm a FoOL mod. Why the hell am I a FoOL mod? I don't even like MMORPGs!
I'll take your job.
fuck
Lunchmeat
Strider
Strider

Post by Lunchmeat »

http://www.desolation.org/

Not Fallout, but Wasteland.
Our Host!