Broken quests, may contain spoilers

If you can't get the Fallout games to run the way you want, or are having trouble with bugs, here's the place to ask for help.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

There's the ending mod alright. So yeah, you can mod Fallout 1.
Dionis
SDF!
SDF!
Location: What is this place?! Help! I've been kidnapped!!! Oh, wait...it's my bathroom...

Post by Dionis »

What about that Power-Armor repair books...the ones you can buy in San Fran...what are those for??? :confused2:
The secrets of time and the knowledge of space, all lost because of your goddamn donut!!!
Franz Schubert
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Franz Schubert »

Probably tied to a broken quest.
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

Is it tied to a broken quest? or just some stupid thing you can use with ridiculously high science or repair skill? I dunno. I collected em along side suits of Power Armor in the trunk of the ol' car.
off topic? OMG YOU'VE BEEN CENSORED... yet you're still posting. MYSTARY!!!!

Duck and Cover: THE site for all your Fallout needs
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Repair manuals for the T-51b... I don't know if you really need them for some quest or stuff, but I sure haven't found any use for them. It's propably just one of those items that exists to enforce the setting. You know, not everything in post-apocalyptic world is useful. There happens to be a lot of junk around reminding us from the world we lost...
Phias
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by Phias »

They're a refrence to Fallout 1. In the original game, you have to repair a suit of Powered Armor before you can use it, but it is very hard to do. It's like the water chips in Vault City.
Endure. In enduring, grow strong.
SDMVersion3
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by SDMVersion3 »

Dionis wrote:What about that Power-Armor repair books...the ones you can buy in San Fran...what are those for??? :confused2:
Equivalent to the Chemistry Journals.
Error! I suck balls.
Duck and Cover doesn't... always.
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

There's Power Armor manuals in Fallout 1, too. I believe if you read them you can learn to repair it yourself (or something). So I imagine it's just another random item the Fallout 2 devs dropped in for filler.
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
Dionis
SDF!
SDF!
Location: What is this place?! Help! I've been kidnapped!!! Oh, wait...it's my bathroom...

Post by Dionis »

Oh...so they're useless... damn...

Hey guys...don't you think it sucked that you could equip your companions with Power Armor but they'd still look like they were at the beginning
The secrets of time and the knowledge of space, all lost because of your goddamn donut!!!
Sankis
Respected
Respected

Post by Sankis »

Dionis wrote:Oh...so they're useless... damn...

Hey guys...don't you think it sucked that you could equip your companions with Power Armor but they'd still look like they were at the beginning
It was made like that to avoid confusion. There is a mod that will change it. B-team, I believe.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Yup. If it really bothers you, you can download it and *zapper* they'll look all the same :)
Phias
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by Phias »

I liked Cassidy. He looked like Tycho, my favorite Fallout 1 NPC.

Another refrence, I think Melchior was a character from some sort of fantasy book series... Can't quite remember..
Endure. In enduring, grow strong.
Role-Player
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Role-Player »

BTW i think the Yellow Keycard in the crashed Vertibird outside Klamath does open some doors in the Gecko powerplant.
Your idols speak so much of the abyss, yet your morals only run as deep as the surface.
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

atoga wrote:There's Power Armor manuals in Fallout 1, too. I believe if you read them you can learn to repair it yourself (or something). So I imagine it's just another random item the Fallout 2 devs dropped in for filler.
Yeah, if you were good with science or repair you could fix the sucker yourself.
off topic? OMG YOU'VE BEEN CENSORED... yet you're still posting. MYSTARY!!!!

Duck and Cover: THE site for all your Fallout needs
Blizzard
Respected
Respected

Post by Blizzard »

melchior was a key part in the story of something in chrono trigger. a very awsome snes rpg.
Schala...I've missed you so...NO!
You must not climb death peak
You wouldnt make it very far anyway..
It has to be the right time...
and THEY...
THEY have to show you...the way
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

Its been years since I played FO1, so I could be mistaken, but I think you could take your power armor, a T-51b repair manual, and something else to that guy (Smitty?) in the Hub(?) and he'd turn it into hardened power armor.

I'm talking about the guy who could make you a turbo plasma rifle.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
CloudNineGT
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by CloudNineGT »

Anyone know if Algernon could make hardened power armor?
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Nah. The rocket scientist whatever dude at the underground hubologist base only.
PsychoSniper

Post by PsychoSniper »

Retlaw83 wrote:Its been years since I played FO1, so I could be mistaken, but I think you could take your power armor, a T-51b repair manual, and something else to that guy (Smitty?) in the Hub(?) and he'd turn it into hardened power armor.

I'm talking about the guy who could make you a turbo plasma rifle.
Wrong guy.

In Adytum, there were 2 people that could uograde stuff.

There was the smitty guy, he could make a turbo plasma riffle.

Then there was Miles, the chemest, he needed you to go to Ms Stapelton the Hub librarian and get some chemestry journals so he could compleate the firmula or some such..
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

I remember now.

You needed to give the repair manual, armor, chemistry journals and (maybe) some money to Miles, let him do his work for a few days, and voila - hardened power armor.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
Our Host!