Solo Multiplay

Like Tactics? Found a cool mod for another game that reminds you of Fallout? Playing those crappy spin-off console games called "Fallout"? Discuss here.
Ghostface
SDF!
SDF!

Solo Multiplay

Post by Ghostface »

I was wondering if there was any way to modify the multiplayer maps or the multiplay function itself (not permanently) in a way that allows me to play and explore the MP maps with my custom characters without relying on another human (or otherwise) player being present? I get about ten seconds before the game ends in victory.

I know this may seem a very stupid question, but there's all kinds of bizarre mods out there, and I want to find out. I did not skip the 'Search' function; but its results were not adequate.

Thanks.
Max-Violence
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Max-Violence »

All you need to do is to add an actor entity into the map (i.e. one or more of your custom characters) and give it/them a player index of 1. I haven't checked any of the MP maps out in the level editor, but you might want to delete all of the triggers that make the map end.
Closing our eyes forces us to look
At the darkness inside.
Our emotions always find us
Regardless of where we hide.

maxviolence@hotmail.com
http://mvmaphub.duckandcover.cx <--- Updated July 10th, 2006
Jimmyjay86
Hero of the Glowing Lands
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Jimmyjay86 »

They aren't really too much fun to wander around in, because there is nothing to do. You can always add some bad guys to make it more interesting but then you'll want to get into triggers and such. Check out some of my tutorials for more info.
Our Host!