Living in Fallout land?

Like Tactics? Found a cool mod for another game that reminds you of Fallout? Playing those crappy spin-off console games called "Fallout"? Discuss here.

Good Idea?

Yes?
64%
No?
20%
Maybe So?
16%

Total votes: 25

Strap
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Strap »

i dont like that idea, go tell maxis to make simFallout: a post apocoliptic world simulation

just make a new tile set for simcity3000 or whatever, and make all the shabby biulding and there you go, lol
Prowler
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Prowler »

It would be functional with my calculations if you could build your own home from scrap example: I have acces to a rusty old car 2 sticks and a blanket. Put the two sticks about 1m from the car put the blanket on the two sticks and onto the car make sure it´s not falling apart and voila you have your new home.

More advanced homes shouldn´t be possible in a fallout game unless you learn to make concrete.
Love your gun and the gun will follow your lead
Rosh
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by Rosh »

I like your "calculations".

Care to share them, or do they also happen to be in the same place as any hope of the concept possibly resembling Fallout as people do get to the point of being able to afford the skills/materials and build houses, or have an unrealistic number of house plots so that only a slim amount of the population can get ahold of them because they are so limited?
Obsidian:
Now working on Fallout: New Undermountain!

They promise to spend only a year on this title - only a year less than the original Descent to Undermountain!
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

There are tons of not-so-ruined buildings in the Fallout world. Just patch the holes on the walls and ceiling with wood or something. You don't necessarily need to make concrete to live in old houses.
Ozrat
Banned Bitch
Banned Bitch

Post by Ozrat »

He said you would need concrete for "advanced homes," not the buildings ready to fall down at any moment that you described.

But it's still an iffy feature to have.
ExtremeRyno wrote:I don't really represent the views that I've written here in this thread... I just like to type.
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

Why the heil would you want a home? Does anybody really give a shit? No. there's homes everywhere, just take one & make it yours.
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Weren't the "advanced homes" like BOS bunker made before the war? Not with scrappy shovels and 200-year old concrete mills.
Carib
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Carib »

Yeah, and the Vault gets sacked.. But hell, before you all panic, they can always follow Star Wars Galaxies Example?

And no, I see no hope in it, but it would be fun to smash someones facile features in with a power fist... Or pick Pocket Rosh and Saint...
Our Host!