Projects in the making

Mapping & modding Fallout Tactics and reviewing maps thereof.
Max-Violence
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Max-Violence »

My new map (of which about 7.3% of the tilework is done) is called Dustville and its about a populous low-tech town which has a dark secret :)

The player assumes the role of the commander of a not-so-crack squad of Brotherhood initiates to investigate aforementioned dark secret. Low-tech bad guys, low-tech good guys. Get used to it. High-tech stuff makes me go nite-nite...:sleep:
Closing our eyes forces us to look
At the darkness inside.
Our emotions always find us
Regardless of where we hide.

maxviolence@hotmail.com
http://mvmaphub.duckandcover.cx <--- Updated July 10th, 2006
Forty-six & Two
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Forty-six & Two »

Max-Violence wrote:My new map (of which about 7.3% of the tilework is done) is called Dustville and its about a populous low-tech town which has a dark secret :)

The player assumes the role of the commander of a not-so-crack squad of Brotherhood initiates to investigate aforementioned dark secret. Low-tech bad guys, low-tech good guys. Get used to it. High-tech stuff makes me go nite-nite...:sleep:
Low tech? Yea. Sounds great. Creative detective mission leading to down and dirty street fighting? I sure hope so!
gomimin
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by gomimin »

WOW Max-V

you're still working on maps...i'm impressed!!! I stopped fiddling with Tactics cause i didn't manged to get working animated sprites :chew: ...wanted to make the missing jet-bike encounter :eyebrow: ...but after the miserable acting of IPLY i'm stunned a bit...switched over to Silver Styles SOA...but today isn't everydays evening (as we say over here in germoney)...and when there are new maps i'll check them out for sure (Tactics's still on da machine)
Max-Violence
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Max-Violence »

Small update from me: I've changed the storyline for my map quite a bit. Instead of a "dark secret," the player will be investigating rumors of a faction/multiple factions of resistance towards the Brotherhood of Steel (of which the player is "in") and the mission is kind of a "welcome to the club" type of thing as far as the BoS officers are concerned. Basically, the officers don't think the towns' occupants can mount any significant resistance, rumors being true or not, so they decided to let three newbies handle the situation (the squad leader being a "prized recruit" of sorts).

Tilework is progressing nicely. Those who've be hankerin' for a map with both long-range, wide-open area combat and close-quarters, buidling-to-building combat will be quite happy once I'm done with this bad boy :evil_laugh:
Closing our eyes forces us to look
At the darkness inside.
Our emotions always find us
Regardless of where we hide.

maxviolence@hotmail.com
http://mvmaphub.duckandcover.cx <--- Updated July 10th, 2006
Forty-six & Two
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Forty-six & Two »

Max-Violence wrote:Tilework is progressing nicely. Those who've be hankerin' for a map with both long-range, wide-open area combat and close-quarters, buidling-to-building combat will be quite happy once I'm done with this bad boy :evil_laugh:
Sounds great! :joy:
PaladinHeart
Strider
Strider

OTB

Post by PaladinHeart »

Im just wondering. Does anyone know if OTB is still working on his project? Or did it get canned?
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. " -John 3:16

Hopes. Dreams. You have to live these things. If not, they will remain prisoner within the confines of your mind for the rest of your life.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

I started a thread about my project "Chrome Warriors: Team Eagle Claw" in the spinoffs and mods forum. If anyone wants to check the progress of it, go there.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
gomimin
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by gomimin »

@[TBC]-PaladinHeart

last news on his page is very old, other informations here:

http://members.fortunecity.com/onthebou ... ogress.htm
http://members.fortunecity.com/onthebou ... g_home.htm
PaladinHeart
Strider
Strider

Post by PaladinHeart »

@gomimin

Thanks, I guess he's been busy with other stuff. I've gotten hooked on several games in the past few months but im hoping to get back to FOT mapping soon.

Done a little tile work here and there though.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. " -John 3:16

Hopes. Dreams. You have to live these things. If not, they will remain prisoner within the confines of your mind for the rest of your life.
Big Tom
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

OTB is somwhere

Post by Big Tom »

Hi all FT fans
I tried to connect wit OTB via email but it seems that it don`t exist at all. If someone have his new email I will be very glad to send me it.
BigTom

t.jantac@seznam.cz
fallout ranger
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by fallout ranger »

He kind of vanished i think.
does this work
Big Tom
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Missing in Action?

Post by Big Tom »

I simply don't believe that he can abandon his very good looking new campaign and his promises to the player. It will be pity to do this because of lot of afford he spend to this.
BigTom :hahano:
Jimmyjay86

Post by Jimmyjay86 »

Things happen in life that you can't control. Here's hoping he is ok wherever he is.
Big Tom
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Big Tom »

Jimmyjay86 wrote:Things happen in life that you can't control. Here's hoping he is ok wherever he is.
Yes Jimmy you are right. Because that it is not usual to abandon so much work without some enouncement, that he finished wit everything. I hope that he only solve some simple thinks but not disaster. I hope that he is ok too.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

you are right jimmu i agree
:chew:
OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Post by OnTheBounce »

Jimmyjay86 wrote:Things happen in life that you can't control. Here's hoping he is ok wherever he is.
Don't worry guys, I'm all right.

Yes, things got a bit out of control, but they're stabilising now. It's a long story fit for day-time television, but I won't bore anyone w/the sordid details.

That's the good news.

The bad news is that in order to stabilize things I'm going back into the Army. Right now I'm waiting on the Department of the Army to finish a "Grade Determination Waiver" and as soon as that's done I'll be signing up for another two years, plus training time. I will most likely be out of Tucson in about 30 days, and back in wonderful Ft. Knox, Kentucky -- a land of rednecks and dry counties -- just in time to get a good dose the red clay that Knox is famous for...and freezing temperatures to boot.

I probably won't get to keep my Sergeant's stripes, and I get to go back through Basic Training again since I have an 8 year break in service. Fun, fun, fun!

So basically IOOI is finished, but I will be contacting some of my fellow Map Rats about disseminating everything I have made to date burned onto CD and mailed to their doorstep. They will be free to further distribute it from there and hopefully some of you can put out some nifty missions and perhaps even mini-campaigns w/a minimum of effort.

My old Duck and Cover email address was lost when we moved forums, so if any of you need to get ahold of me, use my screen name here @excite.com, since I will be shortly ditching my internet service and will have to rely on my brother's machine and web-based email.

I hope you all are doing as well as can be expected.

Cheers,

OTB
"On the bounce, you apes! Do you wanna live forever?!"
fallout ranger

Post by fallout ranger »

omg OTB is back and better than ever!!
does this work
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

Hey OTB, glad to see that you're still alive and kicking. Fantastic avatar as well.
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
fallout ranger

Post by fallout ranger »

Now that he's back this forum is gonna be flooded with mods...
does this work
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by requiem_for_a_starfury »

OnTheBounce wrote:Don't worry guys, I'm all right.
Good we (me) were getting worried.
OnTheBounce wrote:and I get to go back through Basic Training again
At your age! Someone send this man some heart medication, he's going to need it.

Just kidding, good to hear from you again.
OnTheBounce wrote:So basically IOOI is finished,
Shh did you hear that thump? Somewhere in America MV has just fallen off his chair. :dance:
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Our Host!