Star Wars ATTACK OF THE CLONES

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.

George Lucas should:::

Continue making Star Wars films
24%
Go back to the Indiana Jones franchise
5%
Buy Interplay up and make a Fallout film
7%
Buy Interplay up, walk into a dark alley carrying the deeds and get beaten to death and robbed by David Fincher who goes on to make a Fallout film
38%
Eat shit and die
26%

Total votes: 42

Smiley
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Smiley »

Indiana Jones!! WooHoo!!
/me wanna see more of that!!
Testicular Pugilist
Jimbo san
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Jimbo san »

I hear that there are actual talks going on about a new Indy film. Isn't Harrison Ford a little old for this type of thing?
Apostle's Ass
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Apostle's Ass »

I'de like to have George Lucas make a film of Kreegle, Killian, and me getting it on, in the DAC bedwoom. He can lick my nuts anytime.
OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Post by OnTheBounce »

Killzig wrote:It pissed me off the storm troopers with l33t assault rifles got overpowered by some toga sporting fucknuts with magic wands and the force.
Give the Stormtroopers their due, Killzig. When they first burst into Leia's blockade runner they mowed down those rebel troopers like a John Deere does crab grass. You just wouldn't want to be the first trooper through the door...

Unfortunately they seemed to become more and more incompetent as the series progressed, until in Return of the Jedi they're being killed by oversized teddy bears...

OTB
"On the bounce, you apes! Do you wanna live forever?!"
Pope Viper
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Interested in upcoming/old movies?

Post by Pope Viper »

Darkness40k
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Darkness40k »

I won't even go into how I've felt insulted that I'm supposed to sit though a movie that wants me to believe that a civilization that can build huge FTL ships still has "snub fighters" that dog fight at less than 100m ala WWII aircraft. Oh wait...I just did.
Maybe they have advance anti-missile systems. So that the advance in tech has meant a move backwards in tactics.

My Thoughts on Star Wars:
(In order of release)
First SW: Its poor, so poor, but it was a revolution in effects and sci-fi, for that we must be greatful.
Empire: AMAZING dark, brooding, this is Star Wars and sci-fi at its best
Jedi: Ewoks.... gah.... its watchable, better than the first, but over all a let down "Then they go and show us, that the big balck dark guy, who rules the galaxy, is actually some old white guy. Telling all the brothers that deep down we want to be white" - With out SW there would be no kevin smith.
Episode 1 - er.... I though maul was the best guy init, but then again Ray PArks used to run (go to, runs a bit of a strong word) a dogo in my home town. But over all episode one was shit. Lucas saying it was a kids film is rubbish. Sure it has a kid in it, and is overly cute, but the trade politics in it are way above most 15 year olds, let alone kids.

The new filw - Reading the book now, have tickets book for friday. If nothing else it will be a fun film. It can't be worse than ep1, can it?

D40k
IN THE GRIM DARKNESS OF THE FAR FUTURE THERE IS ONLY WAR
Cameron Hobson
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Cameron Hobson »

I'm a big fan of the first three Star Wars myself (IV, V and VI), but I have to say, episode one sucked. If this is how Two, Three, Seven, Eight and Nine are going to be made? Don't bother Georgie. Just go home and take that damned money with ya.
Stop Fallout Fantasy! Click here!
Darkness40k
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Darkness40k »

I'm sure Lucas has said he will not be making 7,8,9. At least he will not be directing.
IN THE GRIM DARKNESS OF THE FAR FUTURE THERE IS ONLY WAR
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

George Lucas should buy Interplay up, walk into a dark alley carrying the deeds and get beaten to death and robbed by David Fincher who goes on to make a Fallout film.
Umpa
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Umpa »

VOTE: Buy Interplay up, walk into a dark alley carrying the deeds and get beaten to death and robbed by David Fincher who goes on to make a Fallout film
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

Star wars isnt that bad...but I think ti would be better as a movie with some ninjas in instead, then have darth vader as a big demon etc etc.

Episode 2 looks a bit...uh...

well so far I've just seen anakin dancing round and som eother stupid stuff, so I'll probably see it.

I saw a commercial for the action figures today and it more or less spoiled the best parts:

WATCH ANAKIN SKYWALKER GET HIS ARM CUT OFFBECAUSE HE FOUGHT WITH 2 LIGHT SABERS! WATCH AS THE [big lizard] FIGHTS STUFF!

so know I dont need to see it.
:chew:
Umpa
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Umpa »

:lol!: ha ha ha! funny link pyro :lol:
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Pyro wrote:Star wars isnt that bad...
Love that link, Pyro :oops:
Killzig
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Killzig »

Viktor wrote: How do you balance you left wing sentiments with a love of stormtroopers from an obviously facist/military dictatorship organisationsuch as The Empire???
was it really a fascist empire though? I mean everyone that was part of the empire seemed to be well taken care of and the outlaw outposts (see jabba's homeland) seemed to be left well enough alone. I just don't see what the basis of this "revolution" was. That sticking point aside, it's not so much that I love stormtroopers if not that I abhor the use of "THE FORCE" to glaze over the bits of story they don't feel like explaining/don't want to explain and just stuck in there because oh wouldn't it be cool if. That's what The Force seems like to me, the bridge for every little action/event they can't find a logical explaination for. Which is fine in short supply but to make it the crux of the fucking story. Give me a break. Suspension of disbelief you say, fine--I can accept a giant intergalactic empire and a band of rebels who overcomes them despite lousy odds. Telling me the two guys with light sabres managed to get out of a heavily guarded military base with THE FORCE is shit. utter shit. I would have much rather preferred luke and obi wan to get caught then spent the remained of the movie watching all sorts of fun sci fi torture techniques. Ah well. It's been a while since I watched Star Wars. First time I watched it was the re release. Then I saw all three movies at a friends house on DVD all straight through. And I haven't watched them since, don't think I'll even bother with this new episode. Couldn't sit through all of episode 1. I left during the pod race. Go figure.

There's better sci fi out there, whether it be book or film. I don't think much of Star Wars in any context. Looking forward to Minority Report though...even if Tom Cruise is starring.

Cheers.
The answer to your first question is shaddup.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Indeed! Empire's Nazi-Germany and I'm Aadolf -- I mean, Darth Vader! ;)
Sir_Funkalot
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Sir_Funkalot »

Star Wars rules!
Right?
Gungans: Wesa luv Juce Lusaa
(Translation: We love George Lucas)

I can't wait to see episode II...
The Fallout California Tour | Currently being re-designed, re-structurated and re-wrote. To be finished...
OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Post by OnTheBounce »

I have a better idea than sitting around hankering about AotC:

You see, right now I'm going to go and pick up my stereo receiver from the shop - a week w/o Bose is a week in Hell!!! - then sit down and take Kurosawa's The Hidden Fortress (yes Kreegle, it's the Criterion Collection edition) out of its wrapper, and try to forget that Lucas was inspired to create/manufacture SW by this film.

OTB
"On the bounce, you apes! Do you wanna live forever?!"
Blarg
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Blarg »

I'll probably go see it and enjoy it in a mindless way. I can dream of
Jar-Jar getting an anvil dropped on him, can't I?

Star Wars Episode 2.1: In this little known edition, all of the warring factions unite to destroy Jar-Jar. They realize that if they can resolve their differences for this, then it is possible to make a lasting peace.
I'm not insane, I'm just misunderstood. Unless I misunderstood the meaning of "insane".
Kreegle

Post by Kreegle »

OnTheBounce wrote:(yes Kreegle, it's the Criterion Collection edition)
Good, good. I don't expect anything but the best from good old OTB :)
Darwin_187
Respected
Respected

Post by Darwin_187 »

Bah. 7 Samurai was way cooler.
:drinking:
Our Host!