Amis review of fallout TV series

Talk about music, movies, TV, books, other types of entertainment and what your vices are. Also, if you're addicted to the high you get off Aspirin, this is the place to talk about it.
Hyacinth
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Amis review of fallout TV series

Post by Hyacinth »

Apparently there's a new show in town.

Free Download
https://1337x.to/torrent/6058318/Fallou ... MIXED-TGx/

Take it away Amis.
Last edited by Hyacinth on Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hyacinth
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Re: Amis review of fallout TV series

Post by Hyacinth »

Haha the armor guy is black? It's like star wars all over again.
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

downloading would take like 5 minutes so think i'll wait for the review to see if it's worth it. i've been watching shogun, my review: pretty good
ExtremeDrinker
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ExtremeDrinker »

I've heard things.
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

I'm very conflicted over it. Most of the show is okay, but it shits all over the lore and the setting. If it weren't specifically Fallout I'd probably like it more. The characters and stuff are fine, the show is fine. I just don't like what it did to California and what it implies for the rest of the setting. There's also some big plot holes that I won't address right now since it seems nobody else has seen it. It's okay/10. It's way better than the Halo show but that wasn't hard to do.
Amis
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by Amis »

*SPOILERS?*

The show in itself is fine, characters are likeable although the plot is kinda childish in the sense how they just happen to deal with the evil corporate overlords, it's worth a watch but if you disassociate it with the original and New Vegas world, Personally was kinda ticked off that they decided to do what they did to the NCR without going any deeper into why it happened.It does try to implement the old lore into there but kinda glosses over it quickly. The budget itself is weird at times, feels like the spent a whole lot into the vault sets and other scrap areas, the costuming however feels weird, almost fan film levels in certain parts.

Walton Goggins is cool though, enjoy his acting.

VAULT-TEC IS THE BIG BADDIE THAT STARTED THE NUCLEAR WAR

I guess I'll make a a proper review later, maybe I dunno STOP ASKING! OK BYE!

Take it away Gimpmask!
Last edited by Amis on Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Amis
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by Amis »

Gimp Mask wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:41 pm downloading would take like 5 minutes so think i'll wait for the review to see if it's worth it. i've been watching shogun, my review: pretty good
Shogun very good, HAI!

Also the 80's version is fully on Youtube, worth a watch!

Book is also good...
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

Amis wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:03 pm Take it away Gimpmask!
Reporting live from the field

- Starts off strong, with Walter "Bukkake" Goggings and a beautiful portrayal of the end of the world. Looking good thus far, can only go downhill from here
- Then we move onto Lucy and they start dropping superficial Fallout references. Obvious stuff like a bobble head, but why does she have to say "science skills", just sounds awkward when you connect them to the games' skill system so obviously. I think we'll find out what she's actually skilled at over the course of the show. I think this is supposed to depict this faux utopia of the Vaults but the overacting is jarring. went downhill fast enough I guess. The sets look kinda bad like all the metal parts look fake? but maybe that's just me. Maybe I'm the fake. Lucy's brother looks 20 and 50 at the same time
- Enter Monty. Dialogue seems weak af. Anyway they have sex and stuff, that's how the show uses the eros to relate the thanos to femininity. Like a black widow, after the sexual act she affirms her independence as a woman through the act of killing Monty. She's not left unharmed however, symbolising the mutuality of the negation of the self; that is to say, of losing one's ego in the intersubjective sexual experience. Out of this emerges a New Woman, unapologetically sexual. The orgasm is a little death, as the French say; perhaps death is the big orgasm. The writers are not mere dilettantes when it comes to gender studies it seems
- Thish show should have MacGyver
- The Power Armours don't have any heft to them, weak
- I dunno how good this show is lore wise, I don't think I've ever paid that much attention to textual worldbuilding in videogames
- Soundtrack is a mix of old ass songs and generic film score. I wish it was more mark morgan instead of [suspenseful music playing]
- ok now she's out of the vault, I don't really understand the premise of the show, find daddy and then... what? Because they're not getting back in the vault by the look of things. Good way to stretch the show well beyond its welcome
- This black dude has now become a squire or something, still don't know much about him, just some super uninteresting guy, like I'm calling him the black dude because I immediately forgot his name. The power armors truly look atrocious
- Goggins is good again in the end. I liked the first and the last scenes the most

Overall I wouldn't recommend this show to anyone but I'll probably end up watching it because I probably despise myself on some level. Next, Jeff with the weather.
TheKingofVault14
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by TheKingofVault14 »

Great reporting guys, GREAT REPORTING!

BTW, if you guys don't already know, the Original Creators were sadly never given any credit whatsoever for this show.

What do you guys think about that?

:?
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

people read the credits?
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

a little nod at a boy and his dog, nice
also why's the show so ... upbeat?
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

spoilers ahead I guess

Finished watching it, Senister nailed it I think. It's an okay show, everything's just okay, nothing's good about the show, would have been better if it wasn't Fallout, feels like the whole show is fanservice except for the actual story

Didn't really like the whole vibe of the show. Half of the characters are some sort of comic relief sidekicks or zany/off-kilter NPCs like the medicine man. Wish it was a bit more The Road and less Road Trip, people just don't seem to mind the whole apocalypse thing that much. "Everyone's equally afraid, equally miserable" says Hank or whoever but that's not the impression I got. Also I really dislike this type of tv where the story mostly progresses through the season endings' story dumps. Oh yeah and the vault tec business model of obliterating the planet for profit is pretty dumb

Whoever was in charge of the fx is way out of their league
TheKingofVault14
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by TheKingofVault14 »

Gimp Mask wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:56 pm spoilers

Oh yeah and the vault tec business model of obliterating the planet for profit is pretty dumb
THIS! And you know I think what makes this plot twist, this "REVELATION" a lot worse, is the fact that it pretty much ruins the meaning of the arc words that this entire series is known for.

"War, War Never Changes"

I mean at this point they should've had someone say that exact line, only for Vault Tec to come in and say SIKE!

:D :-| :(
Our Host!