writing in video games...

Discuss anything from Age of Empires to Wasteland. Any gaming talk that isn't Fallout-related goes here.
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

writing in video games...

Post by Gimp Mask »

...fucking sucks mang. I can't be bothered with reading through loads of shit anymore, because 99% of the time the writing is pretty bad. Tried playing Yakuza Like a Dragon but fuck me it's too tedious, I just want to play a game. How many games do you think would win an oscar of a nobel or a pulizer or whatever for their writing? Zero.

It's like all this bullshit about games as an artform even though games have no idea how to achieves this even. u know. a audio/visual/textual interactive experience with all the potential in the world but then games tryna be like poorly lit movies or CYOAs with some bullshit mechanics in between. they're called games for a reason, how many artforms are called games? maybe the hunger games because thats actually a book. if it was an actual game it would be called putbg. do u catch my drift, tokyo style B)

Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Re: writing in video games...

Post by Gimp Mask »

Amis
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by Amis »

INT. RUSSIAN BUNKER - NIGHT
Rainbow Eagle walks into the room and slaps the head off a guard, instantly causing blood to splatter everywhere.
RAINBOW EAGLE:
Päätöntä menoa!
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

now that's more like it!
Hyacinth
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Hyacinth »

Essaä Kaiokonnen never really joined, he simply became his pack. His uncle a commandant in the coastal-sabotage jäeger elite, some kids spend their summer playing on the beach with inflatable balls. Essaä spent it in the shadow listening to the friends of the family discuss how best to decommission a nuclear reactor.

"Heyvä eisetannipää", such a sunny scene is absolutely nothing like the interior of a Russian bunker complex south-east of Kaliningrad. Rainbow Eagle is the ultimate goal and aspiration of the entire hawknest called the American Military Industrial complex. He is a walking Gear, Dac-unborn, ghosted from all the records. He wears no patches. The guards evaporate in pink mist without a THUD' even. A fragrance of fear lingers in the dark concrete tunnel.
Hyacinth
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Hyacinth »

Our Host!