Old dac.net on sale for 2k

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.

Would you donate to buy back DAC's original .net domain?

Yes, definitely
No votes
Maybe
60%
No, never
40%

Total votes: 5

Taluntain
Sorcerer's Place Admin
Sorcerer's Place Admin

Old dac.net on sale for 2k

Post by Taluntain »

I'm not going to link to it here in case it drives the price up, but the old duckandcover . net domain is for sale for $2000 (USD). I know it's crazy to even think about buying this back and restoring DAC's former glory, but stranger things have happened. :?

Would you pinch in if I put up a collection jar for it? Vote in poll.
Sorcerer's Place - https://sorcerers.net
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Re: Old dac.net on sale for 2k

Post by SenisterDenister »

I'll leave it up to you guys. I could go either way, when I joined here it was .cx, so I'd just as soon keep that.
Amis
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by Amis »

Gotto keep paying them hookers and blow, I'd possibly be able to pitch in a bit...
Dr. Deo
s3x g0d
s3x g0d

Post by Dr. Deo »

.cx ftw
Zed
Respected
Respected

Post by Zed »

cx looks way cooler. like, visit us and we'll install ransomware on your computer. we use linux in this house. warez forever
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

DAC's former glory isn't in its domain name, it's in the people. DAC isn't just some short string of characters you put at the end of a web address; the heart and soul of DAC is its lively, vibrant community. It's in the laughs we share, the friendships we form, the memes, the vines, the trollface emojis, the [/sarcasm] tags at the end of snarky posts. The price of a domain name: $2000. The price of an active high-tier member like Smiley, Dreadnought or MR Snake: priceless. Instead of collecting money we should be collecting friendship, into a jar of solidarity. And the label on the jar says: duckandcover.cx.
Dr. Deo
s3x g0d
s3x g0d

Post by Dr. Deo »

❤️
Amis
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by Amis »

Gimp Mask wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:26 am DAC's former glory isn't in its domain name, it's in the people. DAC isn't just some short string of characters you put at the end of a web address; the heart and soul of DAC is its lively, vibrant community. It's in the laughs we share, the friendships we form, the memes, the vines, the trollface emojis, the [/sarcasm] tags at the end of snarky posts. The price of a domain name: $2000. The price of an active high-tier member like Smiley, Dreadnought or MR Snake: priceless. Instead of collecting money we should be collecting friendship, into a jar of solidarity. And the label on the jar says: duckandcover.cx.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxabLA7 ... el=Crisyta
Our Host!