DUUUNE

Talk about music, movies, TV, books, other types of entertainment and what your vices are. Also, if you're addicted to the high you get off Aspirin, this is the place to talk about it.
Hyacinth
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

DUUUNE

Post by Hyacinth »

Hello and Welcome to the next edition of DAC REVIEWS, Where good honest people of the world join hands and watch the latest and greatest movies or whatever and then give their opinions.

This is the classical tale about a boy who wants to be come a real human bean and on his journey he team up with a wacky sand whale and ends up learning a good moral story.

Here's a link to a website where you can steal it for free with no risk and then shit on the movie, hrm, review it, in this thread. We at DAC believe in doing crimes.

https://1337x.to/torrent/5026035/Dune-2 ... -Atmos-CM/

If you are all too confused about the whole show I suggest you nerd out with this YouTube playlist.

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLRXG ... OE_keG3HC9

He who makes the remakes controls the cash.
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

I didn't really think of it as a remake and it didn't feel like one either. The old movie sucked ass, my only expectation was that I hoped it would be better than the old film and it was. Jodorowsky's Dune would have been superior to both I'm sure.

I don't like this whole breaking one book into 3 movies thing though, but then again I feel like it's impossible to make just 1 out of Dune. Maybe 2 would have been good but 3 is pushing it, we'll see.

New Paul looked much younger than previous Paul which was good
Hyacinth
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Hyacinth »

I just saw it, very good, galactic.
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

I specifically went out of my way to watch it in theaters to give them my money. There needs to be more movies like this and I want the box office to do well enough to warrant more. Movie of the year, can't wait for part 2.
Hyacinth
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Hyacinth »

I agree. I would be fine with ten more movies like this one. From my understanding there is alot to cover from Frank Herbert's books. I hope they will be made as it will outshine star wars in the history books.

Bring on the Dune era.
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

I read up on the trilogy thing a bit and it seems like the plan is to make the first book into 2 movies and the second book into 1, that sounds pretty great actually

I'm not a Dunehead but I've read the first one and seemed like a tough one to filmatize, I don't think I could have hoped for a better one really
Amis
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by Amis »

I enjoyed it but I knew about the lore quite a bit so I can understand if some people might have found it slow or condusing.

I did enjoy the Lynch version too but that was purely aesthetic for me.

Also, 10/10 for having Finnish badguys.
Hyacinth
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Hyacinth »

"The Harkonnen name was believed to originate in what was northern Europe on ancient Earth, and the region of Earth called Suomi, also Finland. Moreover, the family name Härkönen is derived from the Finnish word härkä which means ox. "

Lmao
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

Amis wrote:I enjoyed it but I knew about the lore quite a bit so I can understand if some people might have found it slow or condusing.
i think it has more to do with the film's pacing than not being familiar with the story, very different from your average sci-fi film
Amis
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by Amis »

yes yes yes yes. I be Last jedi'ong this shit nigs
SenisterDenister

Post by SenisterDenister »

Made enough money to warrant a sequel. Dune Part 2 confirmed for 2023 if everything goes as planned. :dance:
Hyacinth
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Re: DUUUNE

Post by Hyacinth »

Lovely Evening Today is.
Hyacinth
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Re: DUUUNE

Post by Hyacinth »

Highly Recommend