Meditation

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Meditation

Post by Gimp Mask »

Do any of you people meditate? Have you found it helpful? It's very hard for me to do, but then I only started last year and haven't been doing it much, I'm like the nerd entering a gym for the first time but obviously the goal of meditation is to become the biggest baddest mutha in the d�j�. I use a phone app for instructed "sesh"s (sessions), but also try to have moments of mindfulness throughout the day whenever I do whatever. I have a terrible habit of rumination and meditation helps a bit, maybe I don't fucking know. Brings me back to the present moment from some stressful possible future scenario that I've fabricated, at least. Just remember the 3 rules of meditation: Live love laugh. Namaste!
:pray:
Hyacinth
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Hyacinth »

I used to meditate. I no longer suffer from intrusive unwanted thinking. I spend most of my day in presence and enjoy it, I also spend most of my free time procrastinating on sites that had swallowed I don't know how many months of my life, which is horrible but a symptom of boredom. My mind is quiet though so that's nice. I guess I am not separating meditation from ordinary life any more, it is more of a being in presence with smaller periods of time in distraction, but it's voluntary at least.

Everyone finds their way sooner or later.

Join my cult.
fallout ranger
Hero of the Glowing Lands
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by fallout ranger »

I do like to go on walks and just listen to nature, leave my phone off or at home for an hour or two. I'm not sure if that counts.
does this work
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

Well sure, that does sound like meditation to me, that's something I like to do as well. Tidying up the mind.

I guess I am not separating meditation from ordinary life any more, it is more of a being in presence with smaller periods of time in distraction, but it's voluntary at least.
that's good, that's the end-game isn't it. did you stop using the more specific meditation techniques because you felt you had reaped its benefits, or what?
Hyacinth
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Hyacinth »

I didn't do any specific meditation practice, I tried bells on a timer for a while when I had alot of distracting thoughts to re-align I remember. Mostly I think the mindset stuck and the discovery of presence as normal became something I moved in to bit by bit.

Started with smaller things like enjoying the little things, had some interesting episodes where I kind of was shocked to be in the state I am now and kind of spun out in it, which had some interesting effects on my surrounding, but now I think I have adjusted better.

It's pretty nice, stable and very grounding.
Hyacinth
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Hyacinth »

https://youtu.be/jDLI-otdr3M

Tolle puts it nicely.
Amis
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by Amis »

I think meditation helps a great deal in how you handle ego and stress, the best thing to do is find a nice spot where to do it, I prefer a nice meadow in the woods or by a creek to maximize relaxation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUpWPxr ... =JoelHaver
munchkin
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by munchkin »

I believe through meditation, we can build up areas of our brain and actually rewire it to enhance positive traits like focus and decision making and diminish the less positive ones like fear and stress.
Our Host!