While the site is in build-mode: Mad Max News

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
MaxRhodes
SDF!
SDF!

Post by MaxRhodes »

[edit]
Last edited by MaxRhodes on Sat Jun 08, 2002 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My life fades.... a vision dims..... all that remains are memories....
Ixian
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Ixian »

I can't wait to see MM4....but let's review....MM----great fucking movie, MM2----great fucking movie....and then out of nowere comes the wannamakealotofcash MM3----sucked if you ask me...which brings me to MM4---- (what should we actually expect). I mean Mel is not that old, but in MM3 he was fucked up beyond recognition (soo cool I say), let's just pray he doesn't play some tribal leader and leads 12yr olds against an army of bad guys....ups....that happend.

LOL
Yeah, sure; whatever comforts you.
Walks with the Snails
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Walks with the Snails »

Man, he looks older than that. Too much time in the sun, I guess. That would put him at 29 when Beyond Thuderdome was released, and he sure as hell looked a lot older than that back then.

You do still slow down in middle age, though. You get more aches and pains, and it takes more time for your body to recover from injury. You're not quite as spry as you used to be. Etc. Not to mention Max has had a hard life, which really takes its toll. I'm sure he's had plenty of serious injuries with no medical treatment to speak of, other than probably a cauterizing agent and needle and thread. As was mentioned, he was already limping in the last move, and that was, what, 17 years ago? Not to mention the radiation he's been exposed to over the years. 46 after a hard life like that is old. Your body is so worn out, you're more like 76. It's nowhere near the same as a 46 year old pampered suburbanite who exercises regularly and is in decent shape. "He is the funking Road Warrior, the Wanderer, he doesn't stop until he is dead" aside, he probably has indeed either settled down or died by now. There's only so much a body can take. I'd feel more sorry for the guy than anything else if he was still wandering aimlessly across the wastes with nowhere to go.
MaxRhodes
SDF!
SDF!

Post by MaxRhodes »

Mel Gibson is only 46 years old. 46! I mean when you turn 46 do you suddenly become frail and weak with an overwhelming desire to settle down? Settle down? Why does Max have to settle down? He is the funking Road Warrior, the Wanderer; he doesn't stop until he is dead. Now I am sure you people would like to see Leonardo DiCaprio or the Backstreet Boys play Mad Max in MM4 but it just isn't the same.

If you would like to see some other idiot play Mad Max then I think you should be shot. Then hung, then shot again, and then burned (thought I was gonna say hung, ey?). Then your bones and ashes would be fed to your surviving family members. Who would then be shot, hung, draw and quartered, and then burned. Their ashes and bones would be turned into hot-dogs and bratwurst that would be served at a BBQ at Derek Jeters home to him and his fellow New York Yankees. They would in turn be hung, then shot (whilst hanging). Their bodies would then be displayed in various locations in and around the city of Boston. So that people could walk by and spit upon the rotting corpses of the NY Yankees, whose bellies were full of hot-dogs and bratwursts that where made of your families bones and ashes. Families who had just consumed your own bones and ashes!

Which brings me to my final point Mel is not too old and that a 46-year-old can still kick ass.
MaxRhodes
SDF!
SDF!

Post by MaxRhodes »

I would like to say sorry for being a dumb ass by posting the same thing 3 times, however the first two times i recieved an error message.

"I am such an idiot" - Max Rhodes (Sat, June 8th 2002, 1:05pm)
Last edited by MaxRhodes on Sat Jun 08, 2002 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MaxRhodes
SDF!
SDF!

Post by MaxRhodes »

It's a movie. So why can't he still be out there. Who says he has to play a 46 yo. Why can't MM4 take place only a few years after MM3? They could make him look younger. When the actor who plays the main character in a series isn't cast in all of them it takes something away. Example: Batman; Batman 1 was good, so was 2, but when they switched Mike for Val it lost something, Bruce Wayne changed. I just don't understand why he absolutley can't be Mad Max. Max is the fuckin' champion, he's the hero. He doesn't have to just give up. because if he does then that would make him a quitter. Also Mad Max isn't fallout so he can't just settle down in some nice little town, there aren't any. Max doesn't want to settle down he wants to keep on truckin'. Also how could he have a kid. He'll never have another relationship with a woman, after Jessy.

Max is a dark rider, on a dark horse, and he doesn't stop, he doesn't settle, he just keeps going until he simply disappears into the wastes.
Viktor
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Viktor »

MaxRhodes wrote:Mel Gibson is only 46 years old. 46! I mean when you turn 46 do you suddenly become frail and weak with an overwhelming desire to settle down? Settle down? Why does Max have to settle down? He is the funking Road Warrior, the Wanderer; he doesn't stop until he is dead.

Which brings me to my final point Mel is not too old and that a 46-year-old can still kick ass.
I think you and Mel need to get a room.....
MaxRhodes
SDF!
SDF!

Post by MaxRhodes »

Maybe we should. And you wouldn't be invited. So nya! :silly:
[Anti-Hero]
SDF!
SDF!

Post by [Anti-Hero] »

Ethan Hawke would make a good Mad Max Jr.
I said "SHUT THE FUCK UP!"
MaxRhodes
SDF!
SDF!

Post by MaxRhodes »

Mad Max Jr.? Mad Max isn't gonna have another kid.
1. he is too scarred to have a relationship with another woman.
2 raising a kid would be impossible.
3 it's Mad Max no Mad Max Jr. the series is about one man, Max. Not is offspring and his cousins and relatives. Just Max, you see he is the hero.

Ever read Beowolf? or Hercules? or King Arthur? those stories were not about their sons or daughters, they were about the main characters only. I guess what i am trying to say is that if the focus shifts to a different person the series will lose its coolness and will be just another crappy sequel. (just like James Bond Jr., i mean he wasn't even James' son, he was his nephew, geez)
Last edited by MaxRhodes on Mon Jun 10, 2002 10:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
Viktor
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Viktor »

MaxRhodes wrote:
Ever read Beowolf? or Hercules? or King Aurthor?
King Aurthor??? Perchance, thou means King Arthur of the Britions, simple knave?
Red
Hero of the Glowing Lands
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Red »

That reminds me that aparantly Mel is retireing or something out of movie making... Then again the source was a local paper on star crap... in the line of National Ineuirer.

One thing thogh is that Icon more or less owns him... I don't know what type of relationship, but he seems to only be doing movies for them... So if Icon ins't realted into the Mad Max 4 movie, It's another reason to doubt he'll be there...
Grand Lord Penguin
Respected
Respected
Location: The secret underground lair- er, dojo of the Penguin style Kung-Fu

Post by Grand Lord Penguin »

Bruce Campbell.

If anyone will play MM besides Gibson, it will be Bruce Campbell. Because he is the greatest.

[/sincerity]
Black Mage: She better have an antidote for FACE STABBIN'! 'Cause, ooh, her face is so stabbed when we get back!
Viktor
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Viktor »

Grand Lord Penguin wrote:Bruce Campbell.

If anyone will play MM besides Gibson, it will be Bruce Campbell. Because he is the greatest.

[/sincerity]
NOW that's a damn good idea!
Jimbo san
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Jimbo san »

He would have been a better choice in the first place! :)
MaxRhodes
SDF!
SDF!

Post by MaxRhodes »

Yeah Bruce Cambell would be better than Vin Diesel and the other Members of N'sync. But he'd better not turn it into Army of Darkness with all kinds of funny remarks.
Our Host!