Source Code

Talk about music, movies, TV, books, other types of entertainment and what your vices are. Also, if you're addicted to the high you get off Aspirin, this is the place to talk about it.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Source Code

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

It's a movie starring Jake Gynnehal who is in a program where they developed a way to relive the last 8 minutes of a persons life and a terrorist attack happened on a train so they try and find who the bomber was because another one is about to take place. They send him back to relive the last 8 minutes numerous times which is always kind of tricky in movies because it often gets boring fast and they didn't really do anything to stop that from happening this time.

I guess you could say its more of a time travel type of sci fi since it deals with parallel universes a bit but not a major theme of the movie. Overall I was a bit dissapointed because I don't like when films over extend the "ya we aren't going to tell you anything" until near the end so you get a case of blue balls and now they can't do much more with the film because they just revealed everything and don't have enough time to develop anything.

I like time travel theme but it wasn't enjoyable in this movie and I think the best time travel movie was Time Cop because it was cool and I liked the end how Van Damm is helping himself out. In the terminator movies the time travel is more of just a back drop setting for the movie and I don't really consider that a true time travel movie okay.

What are your guys favorite time travel movies?
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

Ground Hog Day.

Infact. This felt like an inferior thriller version of Groundhog day. The cast did a good job with what they got, and I have to say, Jake Gyllenhall is starting to make a good name for himself for taking a crappy role and injecting some life into it, but ultimately, I was only so so on the movie. It wasn't terrible, but it wasn't great.

Then again. My choices were this or Sucker Punch. I think I chose wisely.
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Be excellent to each other!
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

Time Crimes (Cronocrímenes) is p. good that I watched recently. There's another one called Triangle that was also good, alternative time streams and so forth with a bit of a carpenteresque ending if U catch my drift. Both of those came out in the last decade and I'm guessing most people on dac are a little out of touch with the zeroes as, what the fuck was all that about. But jah, those two and Primer were pretty good efforts at time travel in a localized form rather than going back to the stoneage to fuck a dino sore.

12:01 is similar to groundhog day I guess, i think it was based on a tv film or vice versa which also reminds me a bit of the goodish single season time repetition television series 'Daybreak'. I like repeating things, it's a good limit on the concept of time travel and explores ideas of literal density and metaphysical choice such as load game scenario. Another you might be interested in if you like that branch of time travel is one called Retroactive with Jim Belushi as a american dickwad guy and theres some time travel involved.

Besides those, there's all the big hitters because sheesh, who doesn't like time travel. One of the trickier ones is La jeteeeee which is what 12 monkeys was based on but instead of being a film it's told with single photographs after another, it's worth watching and has more time travel in in that 12 monkeys. back to the future, terminator and bill and ted all are also good although i suppose it depends how HARD AND TUFF you like your science fiction and to what ends the script uses time travel as, either to explore the concept or to just transport people to and fro throughout time

Yonmanc
Hero of the Glowing Lands
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Yonmanc »

I hate that movie.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

But it's a cinema classic.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller