to Live and Die In LA

Talk about music, movies, TV, books, other types of entertainment and what your vices are. Also, if you're addicted to the high you get off Aspirin, this is the place to talk about it.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

to Live and Die In LA

Post by Megatron »

this is a pretty dope movie it stars wilhelm deffo and the fat guy from csi as a rapist fbi agent or some shit anyway;

willem is printing money and csi wants to stop him by any which way but necessary. its directed by the same guy who did the french connection so its got some groovy misogyny in bathed in beautiful vice city bullcrap. the car chase near the end is real swell so if you like any of that shit or want to see bad boys with white fat guys in it maybe watch this

ITS DOPE. and 'ol' ok. im interested in films about LA at the moment as its a wacky place i think this has been one of my faves zo far (no 1 fucks with zohan heh) so uhhhh lets talk about the city of lost angeles aka demolition man collateral menace 2 society colours boogie nights lalalala
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

LA is a pretty decent city for movies and is mostly iconic in summer. Heat was very "LA", if it was in New York it wouldn't have the same vibe.

I'll have to watch this movie, Megatron. I really liked the car chase in french connection so this sounds cool.
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

I read a hella cool book called 'city of quartz', about the history and architecture of LA. It sounds a bit shit but it's actually pretty darn dope.

Mostly I associate the big empty river thing with LA as it looks like it should be full of water but in movies its always just a big concrete road full of junk. it is pretty iconic imho.
:chew:
fallout ranger
Hero of the Glowing Lands
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by fallout ranger »

Badass movie. DePalma.
does this work
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

jajaja i've been thinking about l.a. a lot recently too. the l.a. river is interesting

u want: chinatown, the long goodbye, repo man, devil in a blue dress, boyz n the hood, menace ii society, san andreas :chew: , jackie brown
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

'Colors' is a pretty interesting film about bloods and crips from the eighties. It's directed by Dennis Hopper, I rarely see it talked about but as far as I know it was one of the first films about those two gangs.

Dennis Hopper lived in Venice which at the time was quite dangerous because of all the gangs and shit, so he had a fortress. He also collected art work, so he had all these original Warhols and shit whilst all these gang dudes were running around, dope.

I'm also on the verge of reading some James Elroy who wrote shit like the black dahlia and LA confidential. I've read some pynchon recently and he likes LA a lot, so I thought I'd keep up on it. You know?
Stalagmite
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Stalagmite »

I hate it when hip hop/pop songs get stuck in my head, it makes me feel uneasy inside. :feelings:
Our Host!