New Vegas Recommended Mods

Discuss Obsidian's Vegas Fallout game here. Also: Fallout 4, Fallout 76, Fallout Shelter and other new dairy products from Bethesda's farm that don't have separate forums here yet.
Stalagmite
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Stalagmite »

Hey Danny what did you think of the Bounties mod? I thought the writing was atrocious and consisted of nothing but movie references of overrated movies like Goodfellas or Scarface I dont like Greaseball shit or drug lord shit.

Not to mention it was easy as shit.

If only I knew how to mod games. :(
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

have yet to see it, been taking care of replacing my laptop since I got finished with my finals. If you've got good ideas for a mod/quest line, consider writing everything out. If you think it's worthy, either I can direct you to a modder or two who might be able to pick it up, or I can send it their way myself
Stalagmite
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Stalagmite »

Sorry Mate, I take pride in my creations. If I was gonna create something like a game mod, I would have to do it myself entirely. Appreciate the generosity though.
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

updated
Gecko
Respected
Respected

Post by Gecko »

Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

So I heard.

Just noticed this comment.
shdowhunt60 wrote:Why is it that none of these "classic weapons packs" NEVER include a MP9 10mm sub-machine gun or a Colt 6520 (or something like that) 10mm pistol?
MP9 exists as the 12.7mm Submachine gun.
Classic 10mm submachine gun has not been ported from FO3 nexus.
Colt 6520 pistol is in the Classic Fallout Weapons pack, already listed (and tested by me. Definitely recommended).
Superhaze wrote:Why are there so many "makes [insert character] cuter", or [give character] bigger tits/pecks? Wading through the shit at the nexus makes me cringe at the people who play fallout. Anime-characters, chicks in metal-bikinis, packs that makes their hair all shiny and pretty and the endless amount of adding sexy clothing. Since we all know what is important in the wasteland. Being cute, wearing sexy clothing and getting raped by a scruffy raider in some fanboys trans-gender sex fantasy.
That's why:
1) we don't take the majority of the nexus community seriously.
2) I do the shit-wadding for you. Now that I can test mods, I'll be able to critique and describe them, and give you gents a better idea of what to expect.

EDIT: Classic 10mm sub has been ported. Posting now.
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

Also, this is going on:

Am trying to offer guidance and suggestions to make it happen true to the original tank, though it's got a long way to go. This model looks more promising. Check out this website (try Google Chrome if you need the Russian translated)

and apparently there is a CIV4 fallout mod underway
sydneyroo
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by sydneyroo »

nice one. derp
TheNewEdition
Cakester Alt; I'm going places in life

Post by TheNewEdition »

I'm playing through the game with Project Nevada and really enjoy it. A bunch of subtle changes that make the overall experience more fluid and a further layer of character customization.

Also radio mods. I found Vault 34 and "A Kiss To Build a Dream" on came on and I was all AWW YEAHH walking down to the Vault and killin' geckos, then I got inside and it was full of radiation and ghouls so I ran away screaming

I wish there were some good legitimate companion mods that weren't fucking retarded Oblivion style fanwankery. Every time I see a 'beautiful Veronica mod' I make the biggest grimace ever.
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

I lost it and have been too lazy to put it up, but there is a FO2-style companion mod that makes the amount of companions you can have at any given time correlated to the charisma stat. Also, if you're looking for new companions, I would suggest the linked deathclaw follower (which you have to feed continuously until it is full grown and of maximum effectiveness) and the Marcus-as-a-follower mod. Have yet to test the latter, however, but it looks promising.
TheNewEdition

Post by TheNewEdition »

Manoil wrote:I lost it and have been too lazy to put it up, but there is a FO2-style companion mod that makes the amount of companions you can have at any given time correlated to the charisma stat. Also, if you're looking for new companions, I would suggest the linked deathclaw follower (which you have to feed continuously until it is full grown and of maximum effectiveness) and the Marcus-as-a-follower mod. Have yet to test the latter, however, but it looks promising.
The second two sounds pretty boss. The first, I'm not sure, the first thing I thought when playing New Vegas was 'man, it'd be cool to have a whole party going', but considering how strong the characters are, how much they'd crowd up places, etc. and how its more fun to talk to them one-on-one, I'm not so sure.

Seemed like they were gonna let you have more followers originally too but decided against it probably for a good reason.
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

Same situation as the original fallouts. Yes, crowding does happen, but having a firing squad on hand at all times does have its lulz
sydneyroo
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by sydneyroo »

Recently came accross Immersive HUD. Pretty neat. Especially with Interface Mod.
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

Definitely. The lighting and color filter mod (can't recall the name) that can add sepia and film fuzz is also pretty interesting; their demo had a John Wayne-film theme that had an interesting feel to it.
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

The Ruskie site with the Frank Horrigan project has a lot of tasty models, though it's a shame they aren't releasing soon. Take a look:

They've also got an assload of mutant variants, and it'll provide a great deal more depth of character to the mutants in New Vegas.
Alister McFap II Esq.
Jerry Falwell
Jerry Falwell

Post by Alister McFap II Esq. »

This is some pretty amazing shit there. :yikes:
TheNewEdition

Post by TheNewEdition »

I dig the eyebot
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

robodogz! B)
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

I think the PipBoy 2000 is a classy touch, with the vacuum tubes and lamps. Honestly though, their FH is about spot-on and I'd be excited to see it in game, though I'm pretty sure enough deaths will warrant a rage-quit.
Alister McFap II Esq.
Jerry Falwell
Jerry Falwell

Post by Alister McFap II Esq. »

Didn't Horrigan have like light saber gauntlets or something?
Our Host!