TOP 100 MOD LIST - There just has to be a better way!!!!

Discuss the creation and scripting of new fan-made games and mods for the Fallout series of games.
ChuckFlash
SDF!
SDF!

TOP 100 MOD LIST - There just has to be a better way!!!!

Post by ChuckFlash »

I would like a Top 100 no problems basic mod list that i could import into FOMM,
with links to all the files and support files/mods needed for this group of Mods to work without further ado.....
I do not want to be a builder or programmer, I just want to play the Game!!!!!

That said.......

Guess what i really would like to see, is something like the mod update program for Torchlite, or WOW.
Where you would go online an login, then it would auto load all mods with their updated versions, and RED out incompatible mods based on your current load.
YELLOW out mods with some conflicts based on your current load. (Offer links or info how to resolve or at least tell you which mods it conflicts with)
GREEN out mods you can add to your current load.
It would then give you download selection options, and then download an install the new mods where they belong in the load order.

BING, BAM, BOOM........

THIS IS MY PERSONAL WISH.....Of course i don't believe in Genies...........But i do believe in programmers and Mod authors who may be motivated enough!!!!

I think the most frustrating an time consuming part of installing MODS is the fact that
you have to go back an forth between several programs in order to make a somewhat compatible mod order.
AND you have to do it all from inside your GAME FOLDER!!!

SO WHY WE CANNOT HAVE SOMETHING SIMILAR AS BELOW EXAMPLES FOR FALLOUT 3?

Working MOD MANAGERS for other games!!!

WowMatrix saves you hours of time. No more wasting time manually checking WoW AddOn websites and downloading AddOns!
Each day before starting your game, just fire up WowMatrix and let it update your WoW AddOns quickly and safely.
WowMatrix is 100% FREE, runs beautifully on Mac OS X, Linux and Windows, and is completely safe to use with no harmful components
such as keyloggers or spyware.
Download and install WoW AddOns directly from within WowMatrix, without visiting a single website or unzipping a single file!
Find out which of your WoW AddOns need updating, and then update them with a single click!
immediately recognizes any WoW AddOns you may have installed before using WowMatrix and helps you keep them up-to-date!
Instantly un-install any WoW AddOn that you no longer need!
Automatically updates itself, not just WoW AddOns!
More WoW AddOns are added and supported daily!

Torch Leech
A free mod manager for Torchlight from Runic Games (inspired by WoWMatrix).
The tool helps to manage your mods and provide a rich online database with tons of mods and information about authors, versions,
package sizes, preview screenshots and more or less large descriptions (RTF). You can de-/install new mods or update all installed
mods without to take care of clearing the mod cache. The conflict check and backup automatism protect you from the most common game
crashes/problems.

SEEMS to me, iF they can do it WHY CAN'T WE?
How long have we been running around this bush?

If the Community and major Mod Groups like FWE, FOOK, MMM, EVE, WMK, and NEXUS, DUCK AND COVER, ect, would get together an share resources,
AND there was an effort to get all the Users to help and support it.

MAYBE, JUST MAYBE, WE COULD ALL ENJOY THE RESULTS............Remember,
Nothing is Impossible if you can think of it!!!
Only the things you cannot think of is IMPOSSIBLE!!!!

You know of Course that every journey starts with one step!!

How much info has already been attained by the various teams working on large Overhaul Mods already?
If something was set up, so that everyone could pool their info an work together, on the project, that would put us way ahead on this kind of effort.

How did WOW do it? That's a BIG BIG RPG!!!! and what about Torchleech which used the same idea?

For Now,
Maybe a Base FOMOD with all the files needed for one Giant Package?
Like combining all the Major Mods along with others in the Top 100 list?
And monthly FOMODS to update changes to that base?
Along with a script to backup any files that would be overwritten, so as not to break the game if a mod is removed.
After installation one could just turn off an delete the items they don't want, an since it is a fomod it would remove them clean. (at least that is what i understand about FOMODS)
Or use the Refurbish program with a script just for the base mod items, which could be checked or not to remove?

The more i think about it, maybe a next step would be a combining FOMM with FO3Edit, I know that is where i loose most of my time going back an forth.
And add a MOD update system which would search, and not only update but correct your installed MODS by alerts of files needed but not found.
It would also check an update the load order list in FOMM as well?

Maybe we are trying to make this too complicated, What if each mod builder provided a script of where his mod should be placed, based on the Top 100 list?
This script would include any mods needed an also any mods which are incompatible.
This could be input via an on-line Database where all the mod builders could add their mods into the database list (must log in an verify they are the author)
As this gets filled, it would be easy for every one to check anything above or below that would break his or another MOD, which info he would add.
The Mod Author could then contact the other MOD authors an work together on a solution, after which add the resolution back to the database.
This way everyone can help an all the burden is not placed on just a few, this would provide all with a basic place to resolve problems, both the Authors an Users.
With the desired result of providing anyone with a Best Load Order List. From which all info about each Mod could be Linked, tagged, ect, for easy retrieval an info.

What would we call it?
How about THE MODDERS RUBIX CUBE?

Maybe not perfect, but a step......What do you think?
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

I think you're a fucking moron.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
Yonmanc
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Yonmanc »

I'm guessing brother sister marriages are common in Thailand?
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

Retlaw83 wrote:I think you're a fucking moron.
Agreed.

That said, assuming SDF is not a troll, I would say that it's just not that easy. While many, many mods are already prepared for easy install, you're going to have to get your hands dirty if you really want to get some serious upgrades to your game. Prepare for it.

Also, the front page of Duck and Cover links to the Community approved mods page, one that I maintain by skimming through Nexus' material on occasion.
ChuckFlash
SDF!
SDF!

Post by ChuckFlash »

I want to thank anyone who has a CONSTRUCTIVE post which is not OFF TOPIC in this thread.

I suppose that there are some that like to spend hours messing with code,
rather than playing a game. I do not!!!

I tried that in the early 80's when i opened my Computer Shop, but found that i did not have the patience with it. So i hired a couple of college guys that programmed for Novel to do it for me.

Hey Yonmanc, come on over to the Golden Triangle and let a old Vietnam
Vet show you the Family Life!!!

AOD 544 Recon 1962
Cakester
They call me Bum Tickler

Post by Cakester »

I don't care what this topic says. I will do what I want.
I been K-lined, G-lined, and Kalvin Klein'd. Nevermind , my kicks, temp bans, perma bans and accusations that i use contraband. i am a hardcore troller, from when i get out of bed, till i fall asleep contemplating the new trolls that lay ahead. 24/7 the net is active, gotta preemptive or be two two puh packive
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

ChuckFlash wrote:I want to thank anyone who has a CONSTRUCTIVE post which is not OFF TOPIC in this thread.

I suppose that there are some that like to spend hours messing with code,
rather than playing a game. I do not!!!
Its gotten a lot easier to install things

also exclamation points are not necessary in most sentences, in fact you should refrain from using them more than once in a paragraph if you are not a comic book villain
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

ChuckFlash wrote:I want to thank anyone who has a CONSTRUCTIVE post which is not OFF TOPIC in this thread.
You're welcome.

Also, no one here gives a fuck about Vietnam. Doc Hill is probably the only regular member that was even alive during it, and I'd imagine he was a child.
- the Vault Dweller
Yonmanc

Post by Yonmanc »

I fought in 'nam.

True story.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

Barfights while over there for child sex tourism in the mid 90s doesn't count, though I wish it did.
- the Vault Dweller
ChuckFlash
SDF!
SDF!

Post by ChuckFlash »

A verbal image:

Cave man 1- You writing on the wall, Got to be a better way, how about paper?

Cave man 2- What you talking about, MORON!

Moral of this story:
Some can not see the writing on the wall, or think outside the box.

For your information:

About CurseForge

CurseForge is a site by addon developers for addon developers.
Our goal is to provide you, the addon author,
the tools you need and a better user experience in order to make your life easier.
We're completely developer-centric here.

IRC Information:
irc.freenode.net at #CurseForge
http://www.curseforge.com/

CurseForge.com Knowledge base
http://kb.curseforge.com/
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

There are no addon developers here. You getting all whiny on our forum isn't going to get you want you want.

Your options are to make it yourself - but that won't happen since you seem to feel entitled to everyone making your life easier - or bugging the people at Fallout 3 Nexus about it.
- the Vault Dweller
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

ChuckFlash wrote:A verbal image:

Moral of this story:

For your information:

About CurseForge

CurseForge is a site by addon developers for addon developers.
Our goal is to provide you, the addon author,
the tools you need and a better user experience in order to make your life easier.
We're completely developer-centric here.

IRC Information:
irc.freenode.net at #CurseForge
http://www.curseforge.com/

CurseForge.com Knowledge base
http://kb.curseforge.com/
Total doucher
gobbleykins
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by gobbleykins »

ChuckFlash wrote:A verbal image:

Moral of this story:
this is how your thread came off to me:
Cave man 1-hey you're writing on the wall, Got to be a better way, go get some paper and write me a story so I can enjoy it.
Cave man 2-shut up dickhead
Cave man 1 (or 3 whichever way you wanna read it)-I FOUGHT IN NAM

edit: and jesus that's a horrible moral it doesn't even make any sense or relate to your story? both cavemen can see the literal writing on the wall, therefore your moral makes zip sense. allegorically it has nothing to with the dooming of our community, unless you're implying we're degenerates who roll around in a bunch of mud and fight each other (which doesn't come out in the story at all) and we'll soon die from something because we're a big bad pack of dicks (rapture? scientology? who knows). situating the moral tale in caveman times makes no sense either because the recognized writing method was writing on cave walls, so if some dude came along and said "you should write on trees guys!!!" everyone would look at him funny, fling shit at him and give him wedgies.

also moral of my story: shut up dickhead :dance:
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

Gobbley, he's too stupid to use the metaphor "writing on the wall" and was literally talking about writing on a wall.
- the Vault Dweller
Username
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by Username »

Fail thread is fail.
Cakester
They call me Bum Tickler

Post by Cakester »

Once in a while someone makes an interesting mod. Sometimes it is good but even then it doesn't fit the game.

Your master plan to combine everyone's mod into a bundle does not take into account the people who want to play a game that makes sense.

I think you know you are unqualified to even suggest what you have in this topic.

You remind of this one cunt who would join the #fallout3modding channel on QuakeNet and preach his ideas about unifying everyone's work in the best way possible.

He thought it was a reasonable goal to attempt to convince everyone to hand over their mods so he can combine them (which he had no idea how to), re-label, re-release with a design that everyone else must follow there on.

The worst part about this guy is he wanted to have a say in everything about the design, have someone else do the real work, and when i gave him a plausible direction for him to do any work himself he said it was too hard.

the GECK wiki was too difficult for him . The tutorials there were easy for even the most inexperienced to learn and make something if they wanted.

Worse, he has the nerve to tell me he has READ hundreds of pages or entire guides and walked away remembering nothing. THAT IS BECAUSE YOU DIDN'T FUCK READ IT YOU FREE-LOADING FUCKINGBASTARD!

We all wish we could take the best of everything and put it together just right to begin with. But if you are not willing to learn even the basics of modding that everyone had to learn to make their POPULAR mods, why should we believe yours will EVER be POPULAR?

Ideas are not only easy to come buy, but there will be more than anyone will ever have time to implement.'

FUCKING BTICHES.ADRSDH
I been K-lined, G-lined, and Kalvin Klein'd. Nevermind , my kicks, temp bans, perma bans and accusations that i use contraband. i am a hardcore troller, from when i get out of bed, till i fall asleep contemplating the new trolls that lay ahead. 24/7 the net is active, gotta preemptive or be two two puh packive
Superhaze
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Superhaze »

/thread
Our Host!