The Town

Talk about music, movies, TV, books, other types of entertainment and what your vices are. Also, if you're addicted to the high you get off Aspirin, this is the place to talk about it.

Will this review affect your viewing outcome?

affirmative
60%
negative, swell guy.
40%

Total votes: 5

POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

The Town

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

It's a movie directed by and starring Ben Affleck. It's about some bank robbers who rob a bank then take a girl hostage and let her go and then ben affleck has a relationship with her but she doesn't know who he was one of the bank robbers. It's a pretty good set up for a movie but it's not a romance type of movie there is a lot of stuff going on in it with it and it was pretty good.

I got a bit of a Heat vibe from the movie during the action scenes which are all well done. They use loud gun fire, lots of good bullet holes, no shaky camera, and good use of geometry. The only bad part about the movie was that it was a bit slow in parts but I fully enjoyed it and I definitely have more respect for Ben affleck and his acting and directing career. Ben has to be careful not to get too smug though since I saw like the last 5 seconds of him on Jay Leno when they were saying good bye and he seemed like a total smug asshole that I didn't like.

I would recommend the movie.

edit: Also I've gotten to the point that during a movie I'm already thinking about the pro's and cons of it so that I can tell people instead of actually just enjoying the film.
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

I've been suspecting that the movie takes itself too seriously, does it?
rad resistance
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by rad resistance »

Ben Affleck hasn't been in a decent film since Raindeer Games.
SenisterDenister

Post by SenisterDenister »

I liked him in Kevin Smith's movies, and not much else to date.
Tofu Man
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Tofu Man »

SenisterDenister wrote:I liked him in Kevin Smith's movies, and not much else to date.
Precisely, Affleck is one of those guys to whom no-one ever told he can't act as anything other than himself.

Poops got me piqued in this one, though. Can't help remembering Good Will Hunting was a great flick.
Stalagmite
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Stalagmite »

Now tell me what what so great about good will hunting, please. All I could think of is attempted stretched out drama. Don't mean to sound like a fucking dick but no movie has really impressed me all too much since Rambo IV. Not that I've been watching all that movies I'm sure I missed a lot but still.

Oh wait there's a topic. Don't really much care for Ben so I doubt I'll watch it.
Aonaran
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Aonaran »

rad resistance wrote:Ben Affleck hasn't been in a decent film since Raindeer Games.
Hollywoodland, shitbird.
my vocabulary skills is above you.
Tofu Man
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Tofu Man »

Stalagmite wrote:Now tell me what what so great about good will hunting, please.
An interesting offbeat story, decently acted, character interplay (in a dialogue sense) almost at the level of the Coens, and showing the world Robin Williams is not just someone who makes you laugh.

Also, this:
Hollywood's classiest gal.
Stalagmite
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Stalagmite »

Sorry to sound NMA-ish but damn that is sexy.
And Robin Williams seems like a useless cunt.
Taco-Hero
Strider of the Wastes
Strider of the Wastes

Post by Taco-Hero »

God my English teacher today was talking about how Robin Williams is like a comedian who's lost his muse and now is some sort of sweaty, hairy guy spouting half-jokes. Haven't seen his latest stand-up but his dramatic acting seems to be pretty decent.
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Frater Perdurabo »

Poops go and watch The Devil and write a review please.
Stalagmite
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Stalagmite »

Taco-Hero wrote:God my English teacher today was talking about how Robin Williams is like a comedian who's lost his muse and now is some sort of sweaty, hairy guy spouting half-jokes. Haven't seen his latest stand-up but his dramatic acting seems to be pretty decent.
Yes, he always plays some swell guy in his comedy roles. Don't know why don't care.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

SenisterDenister wrote:I've been suspecting that the movie takes itself too seriously, does it?
I don't think it does. Generally movies only take themselves too seriously when they aren't very good to be taken seriously.

Poops go and watch The Devil and write a review please.
My sister actually really wanted me to see this with her for I have no idea why but I didn't go so she went with my mom. She said it was okay but it's pg 13 so there wasn't really much gore and stuff okay.
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
Our Host!