Film Review From Megatron Regarding The Film: The Shout

Talk about music, movies, TV, books, other types of entertainment and what your vices are. Also, if you're addicted to the high you get off Aspirin, this is the place to talk about it.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Film Review From Megatron Regarding The Film: The Shout

Post by Megatron »

its pretty good
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

This is a Pulitzer worthy review. This movie made me feel (insert emotion here) so hard that I shat myself.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
Yonmanc
Hero of the Glowing Lands
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Yonmanc »

5 Rapes out of 3 Junktowns
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

okay o

The film starts with a good old cricket match at a mental asylum and is about a conversation tim curry has with alan bates

the films about a sound engineer and his wife who have their home and relationship invaded by a black magician from australia (but who's english so relaxx)

I dont like giving anything away in reviews as, why the heck would i. the best bits are the most surprising in films as the plot unravels like natures fine tapestry of time. The film has very few locations though it uses it tooo great 'affect' such as the sound recording studio for dope sequences with keyboards and surface mics or the beach near the guys house. Also there is a lot of wiggy sounds in the film. im not sure if its because i was paying more attention as teh film is about soUND but yeah, its pretty good.

Also the acting is pretty good. John Hurt is convincing as a sound engineer geek and Alan Bates pretty much takes over the film as the aboriginal black magician on a walking holiday. Overall it's a good british horror film from the seventies really. The pacing can get a little slow but,

four death shouts out of five. if you like this movie then you'd also like blue blood, the bbc documentary 'alchemists of sound' and maybe brimstone and treacle.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

I'm curious how you found a movie like this? Seems pretty out of no where I would find a movie like this unless it was playing on TV and I caught part of it and it got me intrigued. I might rent it since I trust your judgment Megatron.
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

I struggle finding stuff I kind of want to watch so when something comes up that sounds semi-interesting I try to get it. With the movies I like there's usually somebody who worked on it who worked on something else good, so it's helpful to know backgrounz for films sometimes?

otherwise i just talk to older people because old things know old things and the best stuff is from the seventies usually :censored:
Our Host!