The Firearms Thread.

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.
fallout ranger
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by fallout ranger »

Junktown Commando wrote:(and a burst-fire trigger assembly, though I’m not gonna install it so I ‘legally’ don’t have an M-16 variant).
Posession=intent to construct=prison. Just as if you had an upper assembly with a 12" barrel, although SBR's are ok if you pay the stamp, machineguns not so much. Just because it's not assembled means nothing, besides, the full auto/burst trigger group requires a different bolt carrier, as AR-15 carriers have material machined off the bottom.
semi-auto shotgun that can be attached to the underside
Here Can only find pump.

EDIT:
...perpetual fan of the AR-15 Series
Good choice, nothing beats it.
fallout ranger

Post by fallout ranger »

Junktown Commando
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Junktown Commando »

fallout ranger wrote:Posession=intent to construct=prison. Just as if you had an upper assembly with a 12" barrel, although SBR's are ok if you pay the stamp, machineguns not so much. Just because it's not assembled means nothing, besides, the full auto/burst trigger group requires a different bolt carrier, as AR-15 carriers have material machined off the bottom.
You know, I thought SURE the same thing. But the ATF guy said “Just leave it in a safe in the box it shipped in, and you should be ok.� Mind, I wasn’t calling them to ask if it was ok, I was calling them to report that someone was selling them by mail order- He wouldn’t even hear the name. Just to test the theory, I ordered one (and I was living in California, of all things, at the time) and got away with it. :shrug: (The rules may have changed since then, though, this was 2004 or so.)
fallout ranger wrote:Good choice, nothing beats it.
Nope. The ability switch barrels and have like 5 different guns (5 different calibers of guns, that is) can never be over-estimated. It’s like carrying 5 different guns, when you’re really only carrying one…
I Believe In “Peace Through Superior Firepower.�
Do you?
fallout ranger

Post by fallout ranger »

Junktown Commando wrote:
fallout ranger wrote:Good choice, nothing beats it.
Nope. The ability switch barrels and have like 5 different guns (5 different calibers of guns, that is) can never be over-estimated. It’s like carrying 5 different guns, when you’re really only carrying one…

Damn straight :salute: And everything from 22lr to magazine-fed 50 BMG.

But the thing about triggers is if you install it, it's illegal manufacture of an MG. I'd avoid it.
Junktown Commando
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

fallout ranger wrote:Damn straight :salute: And everything from 22lr to magazine-fed 50 BMG.
Is that actually magazine fed, or bolt-action? Cause I have kinda a hard time believing it’s a mag… Of course, I never seen one, so I dunno…
fallout ranger wrote:But the thing about triggers is if you install it, it's illegal manufacture of an MG. I'd avoid it.
OH TRUE!!!!!! TOO TRUE!!!! The ATF guy was VERY sepfici that I should NEVER EVER ‘install’ it. I remember his exact words cause- Well, I thought he was blowing sunshine up my ass, honestly. So I pushed him a little and he said he “wouldn’t recommend� ever opening the box. Not even to inspect the contents. I vaguely remember him saying something to the effect that if they didn’t catch me with the trigger installed they probably would never be able to prove I’d used it, but that they could prove whether or not it had been if they wanted to badly enough (and then said exactly, “like that asshole in Waco�, not too terribly subtle).
And 2004 was 6 years ago, like I said- the rules may have changed.
Do you?
fallout ranger

Post by fallout ranger »

Junktown Commando wrote:And 2004 was 6 years ago, like I said- the rules may have changed.
Nah, the Firearms owner protection act (haha) in 86 banned ownership or transfer of fully automatic weapons that weren't ALREADY registered. And that includes auto sears and basically any parts to make a gun full auto.

Junktown Commando wrote:
fallout ranger wrote:Damn straight :salute: And everything from 22lr to magazine-fed 50 BMG.
Is that actually magazine fed, or bolt-action? Cause I have kinda a hard time believing it’s a mag… Of course, I never seen one, so I dunno….

Ohhh believe it, 5 round side loaded magazine buddy...

MR Snake
Chinderella
Chinderella

Post by MR Snake »

Who are you going to murder with that?
Do these glasses and my two chins make me look sexy?
fallout ranger

Post by fallout ranger »

Anyone within a mile bahaha
does this work
Junktown Commando
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

fallout ranger wrote:Anyone within a mile bahaha
EVERYONE within a mile.>:)
fallout ranger

Post by fallout ranger »

Hahaha yessir
does this work
rad resistance
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by rad resistance »

How about no one within a mile.
Cow Cud is a twin.
Stalagmite
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Stalagmite »

Some sexy visuals in this thread.

Not quite sure of the motives though.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

Stalagmite wrote:Not quite sure of the motives though.
Making up for their miniscule cocks by talking about absurdly overpowered weaponry.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
Junktown Commando
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Retlaw83 wrote:Making up for their miniscule cocks by talking about absurdly overpowered weaponry.
Planning, hoping, awaiting the storm so we can rule over those who stuck their heads in the sand and said “It’ll never happen!�
Do you?
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

You're a really sad man.

I enjoy guns. I own a few, and like the fact the constitution allows citizenry to own weapons to oppose the government should things get bad.

One the other hand, you don't need a submachine gun to go deer hunting. Additionally, given our military might, regardless of what citizens are armed with, tanks, artillery and armored troop carriers really won't care.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

Retlaw83 wrote:regardless of what citizens are armed with, tanks, artillery and armored troop carriers really won't care.
Considering that the opposition of the world's might in Afghanistan and Iraq are a bunch of people with small arms, a few rpgs, and improvised explosives, I'd say that it matters and that said items will care.
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

Especially considering they've got those heat/electron weapons that stimulate massive pain sensations at anyone they point it at.

Did you know the final testing phase is being done now, or was just finished up, on inmates?
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

Negative ghost rider, that system has been around since the early-mid 2000's. That jail is using a stripped down civilian version. The actual machine has been around for awhile.
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

Wolfman Walt wrote:Negative ghost rider, that system has been around since the early 2000's. That jail is using a stripped down civilian version. The actual machine has been around for awhile.
I know it's been around for a while, I remember hearing about it years ago.

I just caught a news clip the other day, however, that said they were going into a testing phase on inmates. New tech or a new build, maybe, but that was the story.
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

I think they ment that they were testing as in a "Trial Phase." For instance, if my institution switches from one type of OC to another, there will be a "Trial phase" to see if the switch is worthwhile. The tech itself is fine, to my knowledge.
Our Host!