Dear DAC

Talk about music, movies, TV, books, other types of entertainment and what your vices are. Also, if you're addicted to the high you get off Aspirin, this is the place to talk about it.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Retlaw83 wrote:I minored in drinking at college
Legal age for buying alcohol here is 18. Most people start drinking when they are 13 or 14. In some countries, say Denmark for example, you can buy beer when you hit 16. Although it's kind of sad, most Finns do think that people who drink for the first time in college/uni are just big wussies.:chew:
Retlaw83 wrote:Go drink six beers in an hour. If you're not drunk, there's an issue.
Most of the times when I plan to get wasted I drink 12 in three. That's the "bottoms", "base", or pohjat in Finnish, after which you start planning to actually get drunk. Then it's usually time for a shot rally* or two and later on for some more beer or long drinks. :drunk:

* the participants, say 8 people, each take turns to buy liquor shots (anything between 21 and 60 % ABV) of their own preference for everyone - it saves time and creates an illusion that you're not spending as much money as you would be when ordering 8 drinks separately for yourself
MR Snake
Chinderella
Chinderella

Post by MR Snake »

Oficially the lamest thread on Dac.

Bragging about how much you can drink is just sad.
Do these glasses and my two chins make me look sexy?
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

MR Snake wrote:Oficially the lamest thread on Dac.

Yeah, I know. But still, it brings another perspective to the whole "ohmigod, I've drunk, like, MORE THAN 5 beers and i'm not buzzed yet!!12" -setup. Tolerance for alcohol is a characteristic that is very heavily affected by practice (read: drinking). In a way I'm kind of envious of people who have a low tolerance for alcohol, since it'd be way, way cheaper to get wasted. That combined with the fact that in US alcohol in itself is much cheaper than in most parts of Europe. For example: the main reasons I don't really drink tequila, are because A) I don't like its taste and B) it's pretty expensive. Cheapest tequila is almost 30 bucks for a 0.7 liter bottle...
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

MR Snake wrote:Oficially the lamest thread on Dac.

i see it equalish to the car and gun thread, but since i neither drive nor shoot then this is a good thread HAHAHAHAHA

the only downside i see to discussing drink (or owt) is snobbery as in 'ah yes this premium vodka is the bomb' then some other knuckle head chirps in with 'no my premium rum at $40 for a cl is the best heres some maths and recipes fucker' then its a little lamo jeez. people only drink to get drunk and when youre there it doesnt matter if youve been drinking mouthwash or angels piss mebbe. plus a lot of the products talked about arent available in other countries so

WTF

i cant tell if theres some dried shit on my sleeve or if its curry from the other night lol.
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Frater Perdurabo »

Kashluk wrote: Most of the times when I plan to get wasted I drink 12 in three. That's the "bottoms", "base", or pohjat in Finnish, after which you start planning to actually get drunk. Then it's usually time for a shot rally* or two and later on for some more beer or long drinks. :drunk:

* the participants, say 8 people, each take turns to buy liquor shots (anything between 21 and 60 % ABV) of their own preference for everyone - it saves time and creates an illusion that you're not spending as much money as you would be when ordering 8 drinks separately for yourself
I miss that. I used to do that all the time with my friends when I lived in Estonia and Switzerland but this concept doesn't really exist in the English drinking culture.
Stalagmite
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Stalagmite »

Sounds like a fucking circle jerk in a half.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Stalagmite wrote:Sounds like a fucking circle jerk in a half.
They're the best kind :eyebrow:
Stalagmite
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Stalagmite »

Christ the last thing I would ever do is trust more than say 2 drunk mates to hold their end of the bargain. I'm happy operating independently buying drinks as I see fit thanks.
Taco-Hero
Strider of the Wastes
Strider of the Wastes

Post by Taco-Hero »

I don't drink.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

Frater Perdurabo wrote: I miss that. I used to do that all the time with my friends when I lived in Estonia and Switzerland but this concept doesn't really exist in the English drinking culture.
buying rounds? usually its the drunkest person who wants to get everyone a shot of some horrible fucking blue stuff.

my favourite is to mix drinks as it is literally magic since there is no science as to why it works but it fucking does okay take a chill pill old man im going to have a shot of vodka half a pint of bitter and a cider in the same glass okay FUCKER
Superhaze
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Superhaze »

Taco-Hero wrote:I don't drink.

Probably a smart move. Boring.. but smart. :drunk:
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

I find it best to stop once you get buzzed. Anywhere past that just goes down hill.
Superhaze
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Superhaze »

But with just four more pints.. and it will be FOUR TIMES THE FUuuunnnn.....zzzzzz...
Tofu Man
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Tofu Man »

When you have to actually think to be able to take a step without falling, that's the fun bit.
Burning Oasis
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Burning Oasis »

Agreed. if you can't remember the night, you know it was good!
-----------------------------------------------------------Has anyone ever been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Username
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by Username »

Tofu Man wrote:When you have to actually think to be able to take a step without falling, that's the fun bit.

+1

Never blacked out or puked though. Guess I have a decent threshold - nothing more drinking wouldn't fix though.
Either I'll start puking from the alcohol or from just drinking to much crap.
Burning Oasis
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Burning Oasis »

I don't think I've blacked out. I think I just have my eyes closed the entire time. Cuz I sure fucking remember puking.
-----------------------------------------------------------Has anyone ever been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Tofu Man
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Tofu Man »

Username wrote:+1

Never blacked out or puked though. Guess I have a decent threshold - nothing more drinking wouldn't fix though.
Either I'll start puking from the alcohol or from just drinking to much crap.
What I didn't mention is I usually stop at that point. The happy place, I call it. Unlike BO up there, though there's a couple of nights I can't quite recall. :drunk:
Stalagmite
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Stalagmite »

I do drink but at the same time I feel Superhaze is right. There is a guilty conscious going on there. I'm sure I'll be a functioning alcoholic in time, not that this is much of an issue in Australia but still.
Redeye
I lied
I lied

Post by Redeye »

Megatron wrote: it doesnt matter if youve been drinking mouthwash or angels piss mebbe.

i cant tell if theres some dried shit on my sleeve or if its curry from the other night lol.
Lick it!

@OP:

Yuenglin B&T may taste rich, but it's weak.
Our Host!