Inception

Talk about music, movies, TV, books, other types of entertainment and what your vices are. Also, if you're addicted to the high you get off Aspirin, this is the place to talk about it.

Was this a good review?

yes
92%
no
8%

Total votes: 13

POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Inception

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

Sup?

:oh wait i think im dreaming:

Gosh that was a wierd dream.

:wakes up:

Woah that was p intense.

It's a movie by Christphan Nolan the dude who made Insomnia, Batman Begins, and Dark Knight. It's about guys who like go into dreams to steal information and has it's own set of strict rules and stuff in how the dreams work. It was probably the wildest movie I've seen in theaters with every scene feeling like your struggling to keep up with all the complexities but it felt intentional like it was supposed to feel like a dream and I think it worked pretty well. Insomnia was kind of like that too but it didn't work because you just wanted to go to sleep lawl.

The movie pretty much took everything to the limit, you would think something was pretty interesting and then they keep going deeper and deeper until your in this whole different world where its more of an immersion experience rather than a good story or anything but its a fun ride. I would recommend the movie since it's not often you get a big budget movie like this but also very deep.

Tom hardy was also in the film and he did a lot of action stuff and I now feel better about him and would be okay watching him as mad max.
Aonaran
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Aonaran »

Deus ex machina ex machina ex machina ex machina ex machina ex machina...
my vocabulary skills is above you.
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

The general rule of thumb is that I like all the movies that Aonoran dislikes and vice versa.

I thought it was a good movie and enjoyed it quite abit.
rad resistance
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by rad resistance »

Tom Hardy was great in Bronson.
Cow Cud is a twin.
Aonaran
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Aonaran »

Bronson was complete shit.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Inception was great.

And damn it's exciting to know Christopher Nolan is only 39. The best has yet to come.
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Frater Perdurabo »

Nolan actually studied English literature in University College London, where I am studying right now. They talked about him at graduation last year (I went to my brother's). Apparently he joined the film society to see if he'd like it and then fell in love with movie making. Ever since he's been putting in references to UCL in every movie that he makes, i.e. the Cruciform (medical department) building in the Dark Knight and some of the scenes in Inception were filmed in the North Cloister of the main building.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

i watched this last night. i was kind of wondering if it was good or if it was pretending to be smarter than it was, but generally i was entertained. it wasnt really what i was expecting really, but yeah it was p. good effort
:chew:
gobbleykins
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by gobbleykins »

Aonaran wrote:Deus ex machina ex machina ex machina ex machina ex machina ex machina...
ad nauseum
Tofu Man
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Tofu Man »

Isn't this Nolan character the most overrated director ever? Like all his films are on the IMDB best 100 or something.
Is this one rubbing off on the success of the batmans or is it a proper good flick?
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

It's a proper good flick.
Wasteland Radio, with Charlie C.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

So was Memento.
Tofu Man
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Tofu Man »

Yeah I quite liked Memento, but then I thought his other stuff was way overrated (Insomnia for one, I don't really care for batmen), hence the question. Guess I'll have to check this one out then.
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

Saw it tonight, was entertained. I don't really walk into movies with expectations anymore (just like video games) otherwise I just get really disappointed and shitty about it. It got a bit confusing in a few parts (namely nearing the end), purely because it seemed so fucking complex. But was nice, I enjoyed the whole time dilation factor and how it was exponential, but was kind of meh over the whole limbo thing, which is a pity because it was a pretty important part to it.
Aonaran
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Aonaran »

Stainless wrote:It got a bit confusing in a few parts (namely nearing the end), purely because it seemed so fucking complex.
It seemed complex because Nolan wanted it to seem complex. Same with Memento. In reality, Inception is nearly two hours of tedium, formula and exposition that only serve to set up the final action sequence. While visually impressive, this action sequence is also very tedious. Any illusions of depth are just that, illusions, created by arbitrary and unneeded plot gimmicks to make people feel smart for not walking out.

If Nolan would spend half the time he does trying to make you, the audience, think he is a genius, instead developing characters or revealing the story and world organically, he might manage a truly great film someday.
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

Aonaran wrote:
Stainless wrote:It got a bit confusing in a few parts (namely nearing the end), purely because it seemed so fucking complex.
I hate good movies because they're popular.
Summarized for time.
Aonaran
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Aonaran »

Naw, I love plenty of popular, mainstream films. The caveat is the filmmaker has to know what they're doing. Nolan could be great, he's just a little too intoxicated with the stink of his shit and prefers gimmicks to honest writing.
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Frater Perdurabo »

Saw it yesterday, liked it quite a bit.
The only complaint that I had was that the whole plot seemed really rushed: issues were solved the moment they arose etc. I was glad there weren't any bitchy characters but it did somewhat trivialise the issues they faced.
Psychoul
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by Psychoul »

I saw it today.. i thought the story was pretty smooth.. Pretty much the guy needed to do that thing so he can get what he needed. Although, the ending was rather peculiar. The Limbo... but the way i see it it, the old asian dude was in fact hella inebriated becuase of sedation, so when he died in his dream, he was waiting. Then after 50 years of waiting the de caprio guy stays in the system without kicking out.. beucase you need to kick out in order........ or some shit.... anyways... they did some stuff and got the frak out of there... :?
Our Host!