Knight and Day

Talk about music, movies, TV, books, other types of entertainment and what your vices are. Also, if you're addicted to the high you get off Aspirin, this is the place to talk about it.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Knight and Day

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

It's an action comedy starring Tom Cruise and Cameron Diaz and is about how Tom Cruise goes rogue and meets a girl he likes and then their adventure together. The movie is okay in some parts when there is action going on but the other stuff seemed a bit to drag on especially the scenes with Cameron diaz. I like Tom cruises movies as they are generally entertaining to watch though I doubt many people will agree after all the drama from a few years back.

I wouldn't recommend the movie to DACkers as I expect you guys probably won't enjoy it unless you know that is kind of like a comedy/romance/action movie and the romance isn't good the comedy is okay but the action is alright.
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
Thor Kaufman
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Thor Kaufman »

thx Poop, I might actually watch it, Tom Cruise rocks :salute:
PiP
Last, Best Hope of Humanity
Last, Best Hope of Humanity

Post by PiP »

D:
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

Apperently the worst opening for Cruise in 20 years. Somehow that's the best part about the movie for me.
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

If he had the willpower to stand up to the mass retardation of Scientology, I'd probably respect him a bit more. Otherwise, he just seems to be a tool who can act believably.
cazsim83
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by cazsim83 »

I'm not sure you have any idea how many people in Hollywood are Scientologists otherwise you wouldn't watch just about anything.
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

That's the boat I'm in. Seems like I'm not really missing out on anything nowadays, though.
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

cazsim83 wrote:I'm not sure you have any idea how many people in Hollywood are Scientologists otherwise you wouldn't watch just about anything.
I tend to avoid Will Smith now adays if I can help it and he's in everything. Will Smith is like the new MC Hammer.
Cimmerian Nights
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Cimmerian Nights »

Will Smith was a twat pre-Scientology.
You can't argue with a good blow job -George Carlin
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

Wolfman Walt wrote:Apperently the worst opening for Cruise in 20 years. Somehow that's the best part about the movie for me.
I'm kind of surprised that Grown Ups did a lot better than Knight and Day as I thought for sure that movie would have sucked at the theater but I guess it had enough star power to ride it out and with all the kids movies out some parents felt like it would be an okay film to take their kids to or something. Either way the show was pretty well populated and thinking back on it an old man in the cane was standing next to me while I was sitting on a bench outside the theater and he ripped a fart like a few feet from my face and just shuffled a bit and continued talking to his wife.

This hasn't really been a good year for returning stars like Mel Gibson and Tom Cruise as their films haven't done that great despite being decent. They just don't make them like they used to.
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
SenisterDenister

Post by SenisterDenister »

Maybe some actors are just past their prime. I thought Grown Ups looked pretty good, you could tell they had fun making it and it showed since it looked like a fun movie.

There hasn't been movie Tom Cruise has been in besides Rain Man that I've liked, and I only liked Rain Man because of how well Dustin Hoffman was.
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

BUT . . . THE BRAIN CELLS !?

Post by Blargh »

IF Adam Sandler is in <film>
THEN Do not watch <film>

:a happier existence:

:drunk:
Kashluk

Re: BUT . . . THE BRAIN CELLS !?

Post by Kashluk »

Blargh wrote:IF Adam Sandler is in <film>
THEN Do not watch <film>

:a happier existence:

:drunk:
So true.

With the additional condition that

IF Will Ferrel is in <film>
THEN Watch <film> at all costs!
Taco-Hero
Strider of the Wastes
Strider of the Wastes

Post by Taco-Hero »

SenisterDenister wrote:There hasn't been movie Tom Cruise has been in besides Rain Man that I've liked, and I only liked Rain Man because of how well Dustin Hoffman was.
Have you seen The Color of Money? That's the only movie with Tom Cruise in it that I can think of that was decent at the moment.
Our Host!