Rumor: Brotherhood of Steel in Fallout New Vegas

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Rumor: Brotherhood of Steel in Fallout New Vegas

Post by King of Creation »

<strong>[ Game -> Update ]</strong> - News related to <a href="http://www.duckandcover.cx/archives.php ... ry=84">Top Story: OXM Fallout: New Vegas Details</a> | More info on <a href="http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout: New Vegas">Game: Fallout: New Vegas</a>

<p>There are quite a few rumors floating around right now about what OXM's <em><strong>Fallout: New Vegas</strong></em> issue contains. I've been getting reports that the article confirms the existence of the Brotherhood of Steel in the game. While this had already been assumed (with the Brotherhood of Steel originating on the west coast and appearing in every Fallout game), it had and still has not yet been confirmed. We have not yet read the article or seen any scans yet, so if anyone reading this has the article and can confirm - please do so by either posting in the comments or emailing me at kingofcreation@duckandcover.cx</p>
<p> </p>
<p>DAC will keep you updated with any further developments.</p>
Yonmanc
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Re: Rumor: Brotherhood of Steel in Fallout New Vegas

Post by Yonmanc »

2382 wrote:<strong>[ Game -> Update ]</strong> - News related to <a href="http://www.duckandcover.cx/archives.php ... ry=84">Top Story: OXM Fallout: New Vegas Details</a> | More info on <a href="http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout: New Vegas">Game: Fallout: New Vegas</a><br><br><p>There are quite a few rumors floating around right now about what OXM's <em><strong>Fallout: New Vegas</strong></em> issue contains. I've been getting reports that the article confirms the existence of the Brotherhood of Steel in the game. While this had already been assumed (with the Brotherhood of Steel originating on the west coast and appearing in every Fallout game), it had and still has not yet been confirmed. We have not yet read the article or seen any scans yet, so if anyone reading this has the article and can confirm - please do so by either posting in the comments or emailing me at kingofcreation@duckandcover.cx</p>
<p> </p>
<p>DAC will keep you updated with any further developments.</p>
Nearly bought that issue a couple of hours ago when I was buying some tobacco, then I thought "I'm in a bad enough mood today as it is."

Anyone read it? Thoughts?
MR Snake
Chinderella
Chinderella

Post by MR Snake »

It is not a true Fallout without the Brotherhood of Steel.
Do these glasses and my two chins make me look sexy?
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Image + Image

=
PROFIT ???
Yonmanc

Post by Yonmanc »

Kashluk wrote:Instant classic, just add water.
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

Imagine a Fallout without the BOS. Wouldn't that hinder the game, rather than help it?
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Well they had a pretty minor role in Fallout 2. I'm hoping that the war with NCR is either detailed in this game or in the next one.

On that note, I also hope that Bethesda just lets Obsidian develop Fallout while they stick to Elder Scrolls.
<a href="http://www.duckandcover.cx">Duck and Cover: THE Site for all of your Fallout needs since 1998</a>
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Frater Perdurabo »

BoS in FO2 hardly had any screenplay and their contributions to the plot could have been initiated by someone else, i.e. the Shi, or hell even Rangers.
Ausir
The Vault Overseer
The Vault Overseer

Post by Ausir »

If they're in, I hope they play a minor role like in FO2.
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Frater Perdurabo »

Ausir wrote:If they're in, I hope they play a minor role like in FO2.
Ausir
The Vault Overseer
The Vault Overseer

Post by Ausir »

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog ... o_from_OXM
* The Brotherhood of Steel will make an appearance, but won't be one of the main factions, unlike the New California Republic and the Caesar's Legion
* Special attacks in VATS are performed by pressing Y (For 360)
* The Pip-Boy in the game is the Pip-Boy 3000 from Fallout 3
* Your quest in the wasteland involves finding out who tried to murder you and what was in the package you were carrying
* In Goodsprings, there is the option of joining with the Powder Gangers and ruining the town.
* Customization - Scopes on pistols is one example. It also affects the guns performance, add a large magazine to a weapon, and you'll notice longer, but fewer reloading times.
* The reputation will be important to the ending
* Nightkin have been turned schizophrenic through prolonged use of Stealth Boys, they deactivate their camo before attacking you, with a club. You can only target them in VATS when there visible.
* You can covince Tabitha that the dumb mutants are planning a revolt against the smart ones, and that causes a battle between the two factions, leaving you to go and grab up Raul.
* Poseidon Energy was developing a solar weapon called Archimedes II. The plant is currently controlled by NCR, and they've placed a guy named Fantastic in charge of the plant, he hasn't figured out how to activate the plant or the weapon yet. But, if you're good enough, then you can. You can divert power to the wastes, or use the weapon for your own ends.
* SPECIAL descriptions are back: If you have 1 Endurance, your Endurance description is 'Basically Dead' and with 10 Charisma you are 'Cult Leader'.
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

They need to put traits back in. Having only perks made the game imbalanced since you could never have any drawbacks as a character.
Ausir
The Vault Overseer
The Vault Overseer

Post by Ausir »

madnath619
SDF!
SDF!

Post by madnath619 »

i sent some scans from the 360 mag confirming the existance of the brotherhood to king of creation soo they should be on the site soon
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Thanks madnath! Check out the new front page article for the OXM stuff.
<a href="http://www.duckandcover.cx">Duck and Cover: THE Site for all of your Fallout needs since 1998</a>
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

SenisterDenister wrote:They need to put traits back in. Having only perks made the game imbalanced since you could never have any drawbacks as a character.
Well, according to OMX none of the weapon modifications will ever have any negative effects either, so that "you wouldn't need to balance between which modifications to choose and which not" - because thinking is hard and not suitable for Fallout (3) fans.
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Yeah, they say that non of the mods have any negative effect, but then they go on to explain how having an expanded magazine means a slower reload speed.
Yonmanc

Post by Yonmanc »

King of Creation wrote:Yeah, they say that non of the mods have any negative effect, but then they go on to explain how having an expanded magazine means a slower reload speed.
read closely: "expanded magazine means slower reload speed." << That feature will DEFINATELY not be in the game. It's too complex for Fallout 3, it's too realistic, and too clever. They MIGHT try and simulate this, by having varying reloads speeds PER WEAPONS, and claim "well, that weapon can only use a large magazine, see, the large magazine increaes your reload times".
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

King of Creation wrote:Yeah, they say that non of the mods have any negative effect, but then they go on to explain how having an expanded magazine means a slower reload speed.
Yet, I fail to understand how extended magazines would mean slower reload speed? I assume that these magazines have been loaded up already, so technically it shouldn't take any longer to remove the old one and attach a new one into your weapon. Of course, loading up magazines depends mostly on the amount of ammo that fits in them, so doing that would take more time. But how they are going to simulate that somehow escapes my understanding of reason.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

Kashluk wrote:Yet, I fail to understand how extended magazines would mean slower reload speed?
It's the same logic that makes frozen salisbury steak edible 200 years after the collapse of society, and that makes cars explode into nuclear fireballs at the lightest impact.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
Our Host!