DAS ROD (The Road Review for You)

Talk about music, movies, TV, books, other types of entertainment and what your vices are. Also, if you're addicted to the high you get off Aspirin, this is the place to talk about it.

have you seen it what did you do

:)
13%
FELT LIKE DONATING TO DAC
63%
No Vibe
25%

Total votes: 8

Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

DAS ROD (The Road Review for You)

Post by Megatron »

EXT. NIGHT. We see: 'A boy and his dog' but the dog is a boy and the boy is a man called vigo mortensen. Everything is grey and smashed to fuck.

SUPERSCOPE

Also, very visual, very cinematic. Good to watch at cinema rather than 18 inch laptop monitor I think. Don't take a girl it's depressing (?). I haven't read the book.

Otherwise I thoroughly enjoyed it. I didn't really consider it depressing as I enjoy seeing people surviving at least. The plot was good and all the stuff was good so whatever I don't really have many gripes of wrath with it besides maybe two or three minutes but that's alright. My human butt was numb by the end but it is rapid fire enough you don't look at your watch. I wondered why people were eating so much in the cinema as it's more of a meditation on dying than denzel washingtons dick swinging about in his pants juxtaposed with the giggling machine gun of old man (which makes people hungry for pop corn and pepsi obv.) But Still it was very enjoyable~

If you get the chance go and see it anyway why hasn't there been a threads about it already hasn't it been and gone whatever 5 out of 5 out of fiver. #
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

This was actually quite a good review, Megatron. I would have liked to see it in theaters but it came out on like a mostly limited release and wasn't anywhere near where I lived so I couldn't see it. I'll have to wait for it on DVD which I don't think will take too long.
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

The closest where it was near me was like 3 hours away. Glad to see that it seems like a good movie though, I enjoyed the book.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

have any of you fags seen this yet jeez i thought this was the post eclipse fansite on my web
:chew:
ExtremeDrinker
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ExtremeDrinker »

Seen. Enjoyed. I esp. liked the part with the badass black dude and the knife fight. It was like Blade cannibals instead of vampires.
Cimmerian Nights
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Cimmerian Nights »

Great flick, yeah. Obviously the movie can't convey to us McArthy's prose which is his strong suit, but they nailed everything else. The book and movie both tear me up something fierce as I have little kids same age. A man ought never to have to think about those kinds of situations with their kids.
You can't argue with a good blow job -George Carlin
ExtremeDrinker
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ExtremeDrinker »

I hated the book. I couldn't get past the grammar and punctuation. It hurt my brain. I had to stop about halfway in.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

It out on DVD now so I'm going to watch it pretty soon. I was going to read the book but probably won't after watching the movie oh well.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

It was okay. Not exactly the feel-good movie of the year.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
PiP
Last, Best Hope of Humanity
Last, Best Hope of Humanity

Re: DAS ROD (The Road Review for You)

Post by PiP »

Megatron wrote: Don't take a girl it's depressing
yea
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

ExtremeDrinker wrote:I hated the book. I couldn't get past the grammar and punctuation. It hurt my brain. I had to stop about halfway in.
I thought it was endearing. A unique aspect of the book, in the same vein as A Canticle for Leibowitz.
off topic? OMG YOU'VE BEEN CENSORED... yet you're still posting. MYSTARY!!!!

Duck and Cover: THE site for all your Fallout needs
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

I just saw it last night and I liked it but I would like more explanation of how things got to that point but either way I found it interesting.

SPOILER

At the end I couldn't really hear much for some reason but I didn't feel like rewinding but that family, they said they were following them? Also why did the mom want to kill herself?
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

SPOILERS

the mom killed herself basically because she didnt want to be raped/tortured/eaten/ or see any of those things happen to her child/husband.

the family that took the boy in was following them just to make sure they were "good" people. so they stalked the man and boy to make sure they werent cannibal freaks or something.
Wasteland Radio, with Charlie C.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

Dogmeatlives wrote:SPOILERS

the mom killed herself basically because she didnt want to be raped/tortured/eaten
So by killing herself, she settled for being eaten and only possibly raped. :corpsefucker:
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Good to know the movie is worth it. I liked the book so much.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Dogmeatlives wrote:the family that took the boy in was following them just to make sure they were "good" people. so they stalked the man and boy to make sure they werent cannibal freaks or something.
Aaaand it also served as a twist ending: the man hadn't actually gone all crazy and paranoid, someone really was following them. The dog barking above the bomb shelter? Theirs. The man was right that people would follow, he just wasn't aware of their intentions.
Psychoul
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by Psychoul »

Without communication and dialogue people cant't funtion as a practicable society. There is mistrust and suspicion when everyone is quiet.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Yonmanc
Hero of the Glowing Lands
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Yonmanc »

That looks yummy.
Our Host!